How much time to become a poker pro?

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many years does it take to become a poker pro ???

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A rising bankroll without need of deposit answers that question pretty easy!

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve been playing for many years and I’m still a million miles from being anything like a pro

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being a professional poker player entails the fact that you're main source of income comes from poker. Therefore, with the measly little act of resigning from any other source of revenue and making any amount of money from poker, you are now a professional poker player. Congratulations.

In all seriousness, There's definitely no set number of years. Being a professional poker player takes a lot of dedication, time, learning, etc. It's not something that comes easily. Everyone learns at a different rate and there are entirely different ways of learning poker. Someone who has a coach will learn much faster than someone who doesn't. That being said, there's no set number of hours of studying required to play poker professionally.

Everything comes down to the individuals determination to improve the way they play poker and how much time, effort, and money they want to invest into their game. For some, it might only take a couple years, and for others, others might never make it.

I cant advise poker a method of sustaining yourself financially. I myself don't foresee a future in which I can play poker for a living.
Regardless, I wish you luck if you do choose to try, and a humble nod of approval if you wisen up and come to terms with the fact you could be doing better things with your time.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It does not depend from the time! It is exactly the same like in others activities of our live sport, business, science, arts etc. Everything depends from yourself, skills, discipline, opportunities, could take a short time or never!

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just need experience, and above all listening to advice that will help you a lot, as a player and as a person. ;)

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rather, it depends not on the years but on the number of hands played.A professional plays approximately min 40k hands a month.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think to a greater extent it depends not on time but on your desire to learn !!!

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The rising bankroll without need of answers deposit que question pretty easy
!
It is easy to stand behind a member of the freeroll

I’ve been playing for many years and I’m still a million miles from being anything like a pro

Study more dedicate yourself more I think this year you can become a pro

I think to a greater extent it depends not on time but on your desire to learn !!!

Thank you ... are we going to be friends? Maybe you can be my teacher

Being a professional poker player entails the fact that you're main source of income comes from poker. Therefore, with the measly little act of resigning from any other source of revenue and making any amount of money from poker, you are now a professional poker player. Congratulations.

In all seriousness, There's definitely no set number of years. Being a professional poker player takes a lot of dedication, time, learning, etc. It's not something that comes easily. Everyone learns at a different rate and there are entirely different ways of learning poker. Someone who has a coach will learn much faster than someone who doesn't. That being said, there's no set number of hours of studying required to play poker professionally.

Everything comes down to the individuals determination to improve the way they play poker and how much time, effort, and money they want to invest into their game. For some, it might only take a couple years, and for others, others might never make it.

I cant advise poker a method of sustaining yourself financially. I myself don't foresee a future in which I can play poker for a living.
Regardless, I wish you luck if you do choose to try, and a humble nod of approval if you wisen up and come to terms with the fact you could be doing better things with your time.

Thank you very much for your words, you have the mentality of a professional player ... few know of this information you mentioned ... who would say that a simple question would have such relevance ... a big hug for you.

It does not depend from the time! It is exactly the same like in others activities of our live sport, business, science, arts etc. Everything depends from yourself, skills, discipline, opportunities, could take a short time or never!
Never say never
my fear of never becoming a pro since I only like to play ... this month I won 400 dollars and lost everything again ...
Anyway thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To become a professional poker player, you need a calling like chess.:)

aslanvanacha

aslanvanacha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IT IS VERY DIFFICULT QUESTION I THINK/ FOR EACH PERSON IT IS INDIVIDUAL. Maybe several years maybe 5 months who knows?:confused:

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my dilettante opinion, you will learn poker all your life. Poker is as versatile as life itself.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no limit to perfection, not only in poker but also in other areas of life!)

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just need experience, and above all listening to advice that will help you a lot, as a player and as a person. ;)

All advice is always welcome

There is no limit to perfection, not only in poker but also in other areas of life!)
got it gotta be good at everything you do

In my dilettante opinion, you will learn poker all your life. Poker is as de versatile as life itself.
The game has its limitations more to life ... we have something that game does not have that is God ...

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it takes 5 to 10 years to become a professional player. I am convinced that professional players have at least 5 years of experience.

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no time, the moment you become profitable, you can go PRO,

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't depend on time. Desire and discipline must be present. It takes a lot of work on the game and psychology.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

it all depends on how quickly you learn in all areas of poker, and how you can maintain strict discipline:cool:

you are absolutely right, it all depends on our qualities and ability for sports thinking.
Where discipline plays an important role

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It depends on you, your capabilities.

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on how quickly you learn in all areas of poker, and how you can maintain strict discipline :cool:
I don't know the percentage of professional players in the world, but it must be very little

joebenigno

joebenigno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

it can be a relatively short amount of time as long as you're the best player in the game you play in. if you play with a bunch of bums like dan bilzerian you can be a "pro" in a matter of weeks

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are absolutely right, it all depends on our qualities and ability for sports thinking.
Where discipline plays an important role
One day I will become pro in this game Texas and plo4

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you can live from poker then you are a pro