How big was your first deposit?

F

fernando21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zero. I put together my little bankroll earning pennies from the freerolls.

Tom Jerry

Tom Jerry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And how big is your bankroll now as a result? Did you turn it into more money right away or did you have to deposit multiple times to get into positive bankroll numbers?

Zero) decided to start with freerolls. If I don’t make $ 100 in six months, I’ll make a deposit for the same amount.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've deposited $50 on several sites, only to be able to withdraw winnings from freerolls and micro tournaments, Also I've deposited sometimes to get extra comps such as tournament bucks and special events.

Tom Jerry

Tom Jerry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've deposited $50 on several sites, only to be able to withdraw winnings from freerolls and micro tournaments, Also I've deposited sometimes to get extra comps such as tournament bucks and special events.

and what are you doing now?

Tom Jerry

Tom Jerry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made all the necessary min deposits to be a verified person. (50$) which was absolutely unnecessarily, because it will all end up with Pokerstars anyway :icon_comp:thefinger
Thank you very much man! You 2

Tom Jerry

Tom Jerry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And how big is your bankroll now as a result? Did you turn it into more money right away or did you have to deposit multiple times to get into positive bankroll numbers?

I just started playing! Therefore, I ask ... I play while free tournaments and see what happens)

Tom Jerry

Tom Jerry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm actually thinking in depositing my first 20$ on pokerstars, I saw is a 50$bonus code for that. Planning to play small stakes and sit&go, only to get better at my game by playing real money poker. Do you think is a good idea?
If you play it only for money! And what's the other meaning? but just don't sit n go! My friend with experience says that they died ..

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im very afraid of putting my money into online games. maybe it is because i dont trust 100%. not that they will still my money, but how the hands play. i just watched on you tube the 10 craziest hand on poker that was transmitted on tv. and you see some incredible hands. but thats doesnt happen all the time like it does online. sure, we play more hands, but common!!!

so one thing i can say its that if i deposit a amount would have to get a bonus or something that i can first gamble on that bonus and than i can touch

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing poker since 14th August 2016 on 888. I won $52 on 888 on 15th August then in September I won $550. I had to deposit $10 to my poker account to withdraw the money I won at that time. As I am above level 100. So I have a lot of freeroll to play in and whenever I move above $50 I withdraw that money.

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first deposit was $25 and I did not at any point get above that, although I did manage to win some back on my last $1. Too bad it took me $24 to figure anything out ! :eek:

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first deposit was $30. In a few weeks, I increase the value by more than $100. A few days later I had $ 0 in my account. I've created a lot of stupid theories about it.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My initial deposit to pokerstars 4 months ago was 20$ to take advantage of the nice welcome package. I now have a bankroll of about 135$ at Pokerstars mostly from playing freerolls and low buy-in SnG.

I make initial deposit 5 Month ago to 888 Poker of about 50$. This has now grown into 270$ also from mostly freerolls.

I have not deposited on ACR yet, but already have 10$ in the bankroll..I may make a 50$ Bitcoin deposit in order to take advantage of the welcome package they offer.

I feel I must study and build my skill up for a minimum of 6 months before I attempt to play NL2 cash games and other low buy-in games.

Maybe this is over preparation for the micro-stakes, but I want to make sure I know what I am doing before risking my bankroll.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The day I chose to play online poker I made two deposits to two poker sites... Fulltilt $175 & Stars $100.
I had no real clue about Bankroll Management but at the time I figured I would deposit this one time to see how I would do. If I lost it all I would re-assess and probably not play any longer.
I thought I'd like to play $2 & $3 games to start out so I surmised that $275 would be an adequate amount to give me a taste of it. (very first night I took 2nd of ~1,000 entrants for $114 in a $1 MTT 'The Ferguson').

With what I know today, I'm very pleased with the amount I chose to deposit and IF I were doing it all over again (based on my level of skill at the time), I would pick around this same amount. I think anything less than $200 is unreasonable. (unless you want to only play freerolls??? or want to continue depositing).
A strange thing for me back then (& still to this day a bit), for some reason I value my online poker account money soooo much more than money irl. I would think nothing at all of playing a $300 to $500 mtt on any day of the week.. but to coin out for a $100 mtt online... I treat it like it's the wsop MainEvent. (it's like $20 online is equivalent to ~$200 irl). Maybe because I only perfer to deposit for bonuses/promos and not because I am losing.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My initial deposit to Pokerstars 4 months ago was 20$ to take advantage of the nice welcome package. I now have a bankroll of about 135$ at Pokerstars mostly from playing freerolls and low buy-in SnG.

I make initial deposit 5 Month ago to 888 poker of about 50$. This has now grown into 270$ also from mostly freerolls.

I have not deposited on ACR yet, but already have 10$ in the bankroll..I may make a 50$ Bitcoin deposit in order to take advantage of the welcome package they offer.

I feel I must study and build my skill up for a minimum of 6 months before I attempt to play NL2 cash games and other low buy-in games.

Maybe this is over preparation for the micro-stakes, but I want to make sure I know what I am doing before risking my bankroll.

Sounds like you're doing something right to be able to be building up those accounts!

I'd advise to NOT hold yourself back! I did this after having played for ~1yr., instead of forcing myself to increase the buyin levels I was playing at. A big part of this was fear of failure. I was winning at the levels I was playing at and didn't want to risk it going the other way.

Honestly if you want to get good enough to beat the micro stakes (ie. 2nl) then you REALLY need to just start playing them! As well as studying, the best thing you can do is to just DO IT! Getting oneself to stick to freerolls is only going to carry you so far in other games... games that you'll likely enjoy MUCH more!

Maybe you need to find a mentor to help give you that push & to build up confidence?

Good luck... don't hold yourself back. I have a feeling that online poker will only get tougher as time goes by. There are PLENTY of bad players still playing, waiting to hand you their chips so perhaps get going while the going is still good?

D

djsviga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It does not matter much how big yr deposit is but the games you will be playing with yr bankroll, on average 30 buy ins for tournaments you will be fine, GL!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My first deposit was $ 30. I lost this money within 2-3 days. Unfortunately, at the moment, poker does not bring me profit. On average, I spend 20-30 dollars a month.

S

Super_Gleb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was minimal - 5 dollars. Then i won 30 and then lost everything)

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Started from freerolls, I didn't deposit

Tom Jerry

Tom Jerry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im very afraid of putting my money into online games. maybe it is because i dont trust 100%. not that they will still my money, but how the hands play. i just watched on you tube the 10 craziest hand on poker that was transmitted on tv. and you see some incredible hands. but thats doesnt happen all the time like it does online. sure, we play more hands, but common!!!

so one thing i can say its that if i deposit a amount would have to get a bonus or something that i can first gamble on that bonus and than i can touch
In the live game many crazy moments too)

dyn_amo

dyn_amo

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first deposit was 10 euros and still have the same amount from time to time.

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have to dig into my memory then.
I think it was $20 the first time.