Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Hello everyone, before I start talking about strategy tactics and etc, I think it's right to start this post with a reflection about my way of seeing poker.

Poker is a game too serious from my point of view and it goes according to what you want to look for in your life. Let's start with the negative point of view, just like any other money game there are people who go bankrupt playing poker.

Why does that happen? Many say that I have too much bad luck, online poker is manipulated, I'm learning, too many bad beats, etc;

But this is mainly because we do not know how to properly adapt poker to our lives, so that this does not happen we must understand Poker and know how we are going to take advantage of it.

There are many ways to play this sport but let's start with the most basic ones, let's ask ourselves then
Why do I want to play Poker? To earn money, to entertain me, to learn and be a professional, to live a lifestyle ... many questions to be solved.

Thanks for your comments :top:

MetaDon7577

MetaDon7577

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, before I start talking about strategy tactics and etc, I think it's right to start this post with a reflection about my way of seeing poker.

Poker is a game too serious from my point of view and it goes according to what you want to look for in your life. Let's start with the negative point of view, just like any other money game there are people who go bankrupt playing poker.

Why does that happen? Many say that I have too much bad luck, online poker is manipulated, I'm learning, too many bad beats, etc;

But this is mainly because we do not know how to properly adapt poker to our lives, so that this does not happen we must understand Poker and know how we are going to take advantage of it.

There are many ways to play this sport but let's start with the most basic ones, let's ask ourselves then
Why do I want to play Poker? To earn money, to entertain me, to learn and be a professional, to live a lifestyle ... many questions to be solved.

Good day!
Yes, in fact, many people do not understand this game. After all, the game - it's just entertainment, in which there is a winner and a loser. People cannot control their mind and make many mistakes without thinking about the consequences.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I agree with you that at some moments poker is not a very good game as in any other game for money and there are people who have gone bankrupt playing poker, but there are also good moments for players who play well and win and live well for money won in poker, if you know how to play, then try to raise a bankroll in freerolls for the beginning or maybe you have extra money, then try to play at inexpensive tournaments and win and get more and raise a normal bankroll!

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose a decent number of pros or those that play poker for a living will go bankrupt as that is their only source of income. Someone like me, that has a regular job and plays poker on the side to try to make a few extra bucks, would never go broke unless they had a serious gambling problem. I play within my means, and if I lose my bankroll then I'm done until I save enough money from my regular job to jump back in.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Main problem is that many people think that poker is easy game where you can win big money quickly. They open sites and see names of people who have won serious prizes and they think that it is easy to do that. They do not care how much money these players have paid for buyins and in what percent of cases they lost without entering in the money. Moreover they do not know or care that relatively small percent of the players are winning and to be one of them requires serious efforts and patience. If you have realistic expectations, will to learn and good bankroll management from the beginning you can avoid many problems.

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for asking.
I have been playing various games since childhood, including cards. I started playing poker two years ago (wonder why I didn’t start playing before ?!). I can not say that poker brings me a lot of pleasure, but the opportunity to earn a living "without raising my ass" tempts me. Probably there are many other activities for earning, but to play poker you don't need a higher education, employment record, uniform, connections, internships and more ... everyone can easily enter this activity. Poker is easy to combine with work, school, friends and family. While playing and studying poker, you can be sure that you will win in the long run. I don’t put my whole life on the line; poker is another option for me to express myself.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I must say, it takes time to find your style in the game. For me, I tend to be more of a goofball and mix in some seriousness when appropriate. I always make people laugh and loosen up, yelling or a deuce, and getting others off of their game. This helps me in the long wrong.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For it is the love of playing cards, simply as that. Playing for money is just an added benefit. With anything in life is a balance of priorities. Sure we all like to do the fun stuff and put off the more important task that life deals. Balance that and there should be enough time for enjoyable poker.

M

Myone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First of...
Poker is not a sport, poker is no different than playing roulette or the power ball the only difference is the odds and depending what you're playing the odds can be more or less in your favor for instance a heads up game with the same chip stack has a 1 to 1 odds of winning while a multi table tournament can be worst than playing your local lottery

If you can't understand this statistics you're bound to go broke for sure

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In many ways, we are similar to the author "Why is this happening? A lot of people say I have too much bad luck, online poker is manipulated, I'm learning, too many bad punches, etc."-I'm also familiar to tears. But you want poker to enjoy the game, but something is missing...

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me, poker is just another game, and I treat the money I spend playing it as any other entertainment expense. The amount of people that spend $60 every year buying basically the same Call of Duty game, $10 skins in League of Legends, or $1-5 "microtransactions" in mobile games (or just about anything made after 2015) make my poker hobby significantly cheaper in comparison. I don't spend $20 on a movie ticket + snacks, I don't spend $100 on a night out, and I don't spend $15 going bowling - I just deposit $10 a month into my poker bankroll.

Sometimes I lose all of the $10 that month, sometimes I win big and buy myself something nice or just save the cash. And it's in that way that I have adapted poker to my life, and it's in a way that no other hobby can allow me to. When somebody spends $500 on a set of golf clubs or $2000 on a bike for triathlons, they will never get that money back, and they don't expect to. I don't expect to get my poker money back all the time, but every week or so, I do.

Busting out in a tournament isn't a bad thing. I got 6 hours of entertainment playing poker with a 25c buy in. Some people will spend 40x that on a movie ticket for a 90 minute film.

Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest, i play poker because i really like this game. I only play NL HoldEm. Ofcourse i wanna make name in poker world, but most important is to have fun and do whatever you like to do. I used to think about poker as "extra income", but really it's bad way to think. One of my dream is to wear my own named Team pokerstars Pro shirt. But it's far dream in future. Right now im just trying to have fun and learn as much as i can.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
First of...
Poker is not a sport, poker is no different than playing roulette or the power ball the only difference is the odds and depending what you're playing the odds can be more or less in your favor for instance a heads up game with the same chip stack has a 1 to 1 odds of winning while a multi table tournament can be worst than playing your local lottery

I respect your point of view, but I think that poker is a mental sport like chess or pool.

You need to study many things and develop a playing style that allows you to be a winner; if it were only for statistics, you need to be an expert in the matter to tilt the balance in your favor ... do not you think so? :cool:

M

Myone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I respect your point of view, but I think that poker is a mental sport like chess or pool.

You need to study many things and develop a playing style that allows you to be a winner; if it were only for statistics, you need to be an expert in the matter to tilt the balance in your favor ... do not you think so? :cool:

When I was a kid I used to think like that and I lost money, time and hope for the game because I really though it was like a chess match of a sort, then you get those long bad swings when your aces get cracked every time, you make the correct read for all your chips just to get sucked out at the river, you make everything right to position your self to win and the deck, deck you.

Trust me, in the long run if you think poker is a sport like chess you will regret it and you won't even enjoy it, think of it for what it is, for entertainment purposed only, I see the game like that now and I am actually starting to enjoy it, I switch wild gears on the table, I go all in with crap 8 and win and get my opponents tilt as high and if I lose I lose even in a bad manner I get furious then but I don't take it at heart, it's just a suck out f it, I'll get back to it.

The chances of you being the next money maker are the same as you hitting your local scratch off ticket main price, as a matter of fact I probably prefer to play that since it requires no effort but handing your money and scratching a card.

If you wanna think poker is a sport do it at your own mental discretion, it'll drive you nuts:)

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

The majority of players I know handle poker just fine, not coincidentally they also handle the rest of their life fine. Good thread though.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hi everyone, before I started to talk about strategic tactics, etc. I think it is right to start this post with a reflection on how my poker.

Poker is a game too serious, from my perspective and it goes according to what you want to look at your life. Let's start with the negative terms, like any other game for money, there are people who fail to play poker.

Why is this happening? Many say that I have very bad luck, online poker is manipulated learn too many bad beats etc.;

But this is mainly because we do not know how to properly adapt poker to life, so this does not happen, we must understand poker and know how to take advantage of it.

There are many ways to play this sport, but let's start with the most basic, let's ask
why because I want to play poker? To make money, let me have fun, to learn and to be professional, to live a lifestyle ... a lot of questions need to be resolved.

Thank you for your comments :top:
Great theme you have chosen for the forum congratulations:)Poker is a difficult game and as they say of every tree whistle is not that is not everyone can play it but it is nice to have fish:)so we did Sharks will win:DI play poker for money, and let everyone admit it sits on each table with the attitude to specheli.Pokera is a serious game and is definitely an attractive feature to make money from home without getting up from his chair but this requires a lot of work to it recognize talent:)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I play poker for only 10 months and so I have very little experience. Therefore, for starters, in order to avoid costs, I play freerolls. Thus, I try to accumulate the necessary experience without spending my own money.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I play poker because I love this game ...! However .... I have also proposed some goals in this game ... like for example ... improve my game day by day. I hope to become a professional poker player ... It is a game that deserves all my respect and seriousness as it is my money ... That's why you have to prepare yourself as much as possible and take a series of measures at the time of play ... because you could end up losing all your money ...!

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First you need to decide for yourself why do you need poker? for fun or for money! if this is entertainment, you just need to make a deposit for an amount that does not affect your life! and if poker for earnings, then you need to have a strict schedule of the day!

M

Myone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
I play poker for only 10 months and so I have very little experience. Therefore, for starters, in order to avoid costs, I play freerolls. Thus, I try to accumulate the necessary experience without spending my own money.

I am not a poker shill or anything but free rolls and play money are not a good way to get experience on poker, they can help you in getting a feeling for it but the way people play free rolls and free money are completely different, real money are way more frustrating for 2 reasons, one your losing your own money 2 no one wants to lose their own money

You have to pay real money and perhaps invest some of your's to know what I am talking about

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of...

I don't really follow what you are saying here. Poker may or may not be a sport, depending on how you interpret the definition of "sport". However, poker is A LOT different than games of complete chance like roulette or power ball. Poker requires decision making based upon many variables that are constantly changing. You make it seem like poker is just making a bet, getting dealt cards and turning them all over to see who has the best hand. Good poker players are able to make money because they are very skilled at observing the situation and deciding which moves are profitable (in the long term) and which are not.