Game Situation

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello ladies and gentlemen, I’m learning to play hold'em. Yesterday there was a game moment that haunts me, I have 88 pockets, two d and 8c on the flora, on turn As, the opponent does All-in, I call and lose on River d falls, the opponent has a flush from Ad, how should I play my hand from preflop to the finish? Tell me the strategy of such combinations. Sincerely, Sergey

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
use the correct card designation
if there was already a flush draw on the flop or turn I would not go from 88 to ALL IN
this is an expensive decision in the minus given that I did not catch my set on these two streets

nurjemal

nurjemal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep playing
need more practice

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should always play the river. Do not inflate the Bank, wait for the river! And if you have NATs, go All in! And if you have at least the second largest combination, it is better to check! Don't listen to anyone, play the river!

pac818man

pac818man

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you hit set. what did you expect

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a lot of incomprehensible things. Firstly, this is a cache or a tournament. Secondly, what is our hero’s position. Thirdly, what is the line of the draw from the very beginning - check, raise, call. I have 88 in my hands and see 8 on the flop -Ollinely Ollin, without waiting for the turn.

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you know your opponent is chasing, hit him big on the turn, make him pay for his 20% (or less) shot.

pokergopher

pokergopher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello ladies and gentlemen, I’m learning to play hold'em. Yesterday there was a game moment that haunts me, I have 88 pockets, two d and 8c on the flora, on turn As, the opponent does All-in, I call and lose on River d falls, the opponent has a flush from Ad, how should I play my hand from preflop to the finish? Tell me the strategy of such combinations. Sincerely, Sergey

Your decision to call the all in bet will depend a lot on how many chips you have in relation to how many chips were bet. Folding your set of 8's would be very difficult in any situation. I don't think you played the hand incorrectly. You were a favorite to win, so it is the correct call. Another factor to consider is position, were you first to act? You might have been able to lead out with a bet and induce a smaller call from the villian. Keep flopping sets and you will come out ahead in the long wrong.

Top 10 Games