Drugs and Poker

Lubzhen

Lubzhen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm against drug use. Better to eat right, sleep, mental attitude. All together it will give good results in poker.

kabrouto22

kabrouto22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While playin i like drinkin a couple of beers.It feels relaxing and nice.

i7ohomapeb

i7ohomapeb

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
important to stop in time after a couple of beers.

ovidiu9b

ovidiu9b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
weed works well with poker (exept playng live)

Bob23bk

Bob23bk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Marijuana is on the world anti doping list and I dont think they can say thank for this all to marijuana. :D I think you dont know a lot about sport. :D

I think they're referring to Michael Phelps... There really is something to be said when the most decorated Olympian of all time (22 Olympic medals, 18 of them gold) partakes in marijuana. It certainly begs the legitimacy of claims against cannabis such as making you lazy or stupid. Let's face it, poker is gambling and it attracts people with questionable morals. Not saying most players are bad people, but I'd say that they are more prone to addictions/drugs/alcohol and/or other questionable activity, especially one as harmless as smoking pot. Hell, even ACR realizes this! Check out this email I got the other day from them-

ACR said:
To keep all things 420, we intend to pause all games at*4:20pm*each day so players can take a courtesy break, whatever that might entail. We don’t judge.

You guys keep hating, I'll be burning down with a beer in my hand playing ACR and you can say it's a fluke when I win, how lucky I got, and blame your bad finish on bad luck :rofl:

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I register in as many tourneys that my BR can handle and then take a hit of heroin and promptly go on the nod.

:top:

Viera56

Viera56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol is very bad for anything involving logical reasoning, but it can be useful for example which player is very tight in a tournament or playing in a fairly predictable manner. Precebo that in these moments is positive a beer to try out some of the obvious.

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It probably varies from person to person. Drugs affect everyone in a different way. You and I could to the same amount of "x" drug and it will be completely different experience for each of us. The times that I have played drunk or on drugs, I find that I play better. More attentive and focused on winning. But again, it's different for everyone.

i7ohomapeb

i7ohomapeb

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all necessary measure
and if you do not know how to play it does not help

Mr Alvim

Mr Alvim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Home Game here at home always either bringing their own herb to use while playing , and I repair them when they are sober they play more focused when so stoned they are more aggressive and very weak in the game

O

oxxy48

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weed makes me play too tight, but its fine feeel :D

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to like to play after smoking herb, but it makes me lay down hands I probably shouldn't. Also, isn't meth the drug of choice for a lot of poker players, or the legalized version.. adderal or ritalin. Just like with college kids who want to stay up late and study, it will help players stay up for long periods of time.

Players think it can make them better, but in reality it doesn't. Mike Matusow is a player who admits to have been using meth while playing, and I believe he talks about it in his autobiography "Check Raising the Devil".

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that in that condition and in fact as you can and win or lose

N

NicoSalazar7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that drugs can help make better decisions, there are moments of stress , tension , anxiety, and many emotions that dominate the mind and out of control , I know myself , and a pill helps you to calm all those emotions , and take better decisions, be more focused on the game and in life really , I have to touch drugs to calm my mind and it works , because I am a total accelerated and when ingesting the pill , as anxiety is gone and feel all more relaxed, and my mind works much easier and open

S

seghill

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm on drugs most of the time - but at my age they are strictly medicinal (I hope)
And I keep to 1 glass of wine per day (may just refill it occasionally)

Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never, ever, ever take drugs whilst playing poker.

Except for Caffeine, Nicotine, Alcohol, Theophylline, Theobromine and L-theanine.

P

PUNISHERR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker taking a sedative.the players at the table upset.Broken 2 keyboards already in six months.Now quietly to react.

E

EkoHoM4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Go go go Marihyanna) its god game pro))): D

D

danielbalaci

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen a lot of drunks play amazing poker and win tournaments on TV. I have also seen the complete opposite lol

So it means that almost everything depends on luck , the winner is decided at the beginning of the tournament, bad luck for all the others players :) .

T

Terrell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
😂😂

I think they're referring to Michael Phelps... There really is something to be said when the most decorated Olympian of all time (22 Olympic medals, 18 of them gold) partakes in marijuana. It certainly begs the legitimacy of claims against cannabis such as making you lazy or stupid. Let's face it, poker is gambling and it attracts people with questionable morals. Not saying most players are bad people, but I'd say that they are more prone to addictions/drugs/alcohol and/or other questionable activity, especially one as harmless as smoking pot. Hell, even ACR realizes this! Check out this email I got the other day from them-

You guys keep hating, I'll be burning down with a beer in my hand playing ACR and you can say it's a fluke when I win, how lucky I got, and blame your bad finish on bad luck :rofl:

B

Biznardian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think there is an edge in using coke. Maybe they think it does but I doubt it. I know what coke does and for a game where you need patience it isn't a good thing. On weed I see no problem. I am very used to use weed and for me there is no difference in the play with or without, to my knowing that is ;)

O

Onkorunkus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow that's some f*ed up stuff in here, if you need to take sedatives because otherwise you will freak out playing poker, you probably shouldn't be playing poker...