Do you play poker only to get rich?

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would you still play poker if you were a millionaire?

giphy.gif

B

Blakepc91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for the passion and love of the game. I could be the richest person on earth and still would fire up some tables.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not the lottery

Poker is not the lottery, if you're playing either game to get rich you are in bad shape in my opinion. Obviously we all want to win but getting rich is rarely good motivation for anything in life. Making a living, learning, growing, having fun are all more realistic goals that have led some to become rich in the long run.

D

danntesvarna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me,it`s mostly pleasure.

R

Russian Idiot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for fun and naturally I want money, they are not superfluous, especially for the Russian.

ReoRekop

ReoRekop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see it impossible that they only play poker for money.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The poker game for me is a pleasure. That does not mean they do not play to win money! I try to get the fun with the useful :)

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting question, and interesting points of view. I invest all money from poker to my projects, starting from freerolls and withdrawing as soon as I hit a hundred or couple, not building any bankrolls like I've used to. Playing poker while drawing/programming things for my project and while my machines work, have to do something while the CNC machine works for 10+ hours, and poker is one of the solutions to spend the time with profit, it's not bothering me when I do 3 things all together, observe cameras installed in the boxes where the machines stand, draw new 3d models and convert them to g-code...

I see a way to become a millionaire and when I'll have my business running well, without my participation, then I'll be playing only live tournaments. I have played live for several years and find it much interesting and fair game, 20+ books of psychology helped me to see a better picture of live poker. Can't see such picture during online games... Online games are stupid, open 4-12 tourneys and wait for JJ+ hands, and that's it. I let other players play their mind games of bluff-tells-odds and such, during online games I'm a raising machine, always with a premium hand. Too busy to play trash hands.
And actually being a millionaire I can open a poker club in my city and run it like a boss, license cost little less than 50K per year and 2% rake from 1 cash table at low stakes is not less than 100euro per day, so it's a good profit, can even host some freeroll once a week for the members.
And another thing that millionaire club has is a option to purchase small types of business. Both real or virtual. Having several small real or virtual stores is always a good option. You can always use part of the profit to play poker if you want to, or to gather money and invest into some new business.
What I'm trying to say, is so called diversification. Money by itself is nothing, you don't eat them, you don't wear them, you're not fueling your car with money. Money as pieces of paper or numbers at bank account are useless... In business things can be split into two parts: actives and passives... Actives = things that generate profit, Passives = things that make you lose your money. Expensive car, which is not a limited edition and has dropping value is a passive, cheap car that works as a delivery car for your pizza restaurant is a active, cause one of these cars gives your profit, other is not. So if you're thinking about playing poker with several millions as your bankroll of "dead" money then it's not a good solution... Investing money into some actives and playing poker with profit is a good solution.

Ygtszksn

Ygtszksn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Now im not millionaire so i need to work but im sure i just wll sit and play poker for kill my time if i am millionaire :)

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I would do it, I do not think I have a better pastime than this, although if I were a millionaire, I must say that the pressure would be different

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, I've always loved to play different card games, poker just happens to be the most popular one. So it's not only about money, though winning money doesn't hurt ofc :)

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is played for money, so this is a normal desire to make money, otherwise there is no point in playing poker.:)

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mostly play for the money, don't think I would play if I were rich.

B

BigSlick20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always just played for the fun of playing.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the main motivation of a poker player is to make money. but the game is not limited to this state of affairs. the emotions that can be felt when playing poker are a source of additional motivation. the satisfaction we feel in winning a game drives us to continue training and improving ourselves. I think that if I was a millionaire. I would continue to play but much higher amounts.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I'd play if I were a millionaire, but I'm afraid I'd be broke after that :p :) its not just about the money, its about the rush, the adrenaline, that beautiful feeling when you crush a villain, trash talker, a negative character, and sometimes it's worth more than money :) I like it because it gets my brain working too, there are a lot of other reasons other than money really

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree both money and fun of game.
I enjoy seeing the progress in my accounts as balances go up even if nothing major in terms of amount playing lowest stakes. The main thing that seems to set me back is calling or going all-in at the wrong times in my cash games. This last time - all-in with AA getting beat with JJ and J coming. Still have to learn more, but at least everything still consistently moving right direction overall.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A very interesting question! I would play because I play it out of love and passion. I will always play poker because I love him. But I do not think I'll ever become a millionaire huh I'm saying! Greetings to all!

M

Mater_AA_KK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its killing time and a bit of passionthe , but to win some money thats never bad

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its great to see people still play the game for fun :)

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I think we all play poker to win. If a person doesn't I'd sure like to have them at my table!! I suppose we all dream of getting rich. If I was a millionaire I would still play for the sport of it probably.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not really sure about that If I was multimillions... I want to donation for young guy or gal who is inspiration about Poker.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would still play to keep my brain active. Poker is so much thinking, I would always be proud to have a good ROI :)