Do you make a deal when you get to the final table?

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not until now, because I reached final table of micro mtt only. But I think it's okay. I think everyone wants to be the winner, but when u make a deal, probably the games become easier. And u have some money guaranteed.

meagain00

rayrc

rayrc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends, if I am the short stack and they offer me a deal, I accept it, but if I´m winning, I will probably say no, I think I am selfish, but I rarely win so I must maximize my earnings;)

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on my stack if I consider it the most prudent thing I make a deal, but if I think I can win easily I don't make any deal, so it all depends on the stack I have at that time

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
These are my guidelines:
Maximum 4 persons left.
Stacks must be relatively close together. Makes no sense if there is a small stack or a big stack.
Deal must be voluntary and you must not feel pressured by other players to do deal.
You must want to do the deal and you must be happy with the numbers.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always try to make a deal! Because most of the final table is a rarity and I do not want to rock the dispersion! And secondly, I think it's reasonable because the game is in a deep stage (especially 3 max) is not poker and lottery!

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is just like buying insurance on a turn and river card when you are leading in an All In situation.
I have made it to the final 3 a couple of times with more than $5000 and above in PS a few years back when i'm still allowed to play in my country. Only once i made a deal even though i'm leading in chips, reason being i know he is so much better and stronger than me. I was right, he beat me to the winner and i'm so glad i cut the deal.

So, personally i will only cut deal when i am facing stronger opponent regardless if i'm in chip lead or not.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. The game itself is more important. I play for fun, not money. Being first is the best motivation.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... I've been several times in the final table of buy-in tournaments $ 3.30 and $ 5.50, and I've never opted to make a deal ... but if my chip stack is very similar to that of the opponent ... I would consider doing it

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,I´ve never made a deal in a final table yet,because everytime I´ve reached it ,I´ve been among the shortest stacks and in the only opportunity I was chip leader ,I didn´t suggest a deal.Fortunately , I won that tournament..

W

wallyworld127

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CHOP! or no CHOP

they are many different ways to look at this. First assessing your skill and the skill around you... Then what deal are you being offered. and if you dont take the deal are you still in prime mental ability to finish this out. the one time i say yes yes yes. {and you really only see this live} is when instead of a chip chop the people offer a straight mult chop {this is obv something you want to take if you are lower than chip equity suggests you should be getting} Now i dont what to go into ICM independent chip model because it is defferent for everyone but basicly if you are much better than your opponents do NOT do it even if you are slightly down in chip equity,.,,,That is just my imput

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to make deals in top 3..

Cashes before top 3 are smaller, so i prefer to play poker..

But in most cases i dont do deals, at least is a big tournament

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
So far I did only one time a deal, when I was playing in a live game. It was my second live game at all and it was already relative late. I also thought, that I only could make more mistakes when playing further and would risk to be out the first of 6 players left.
Also because I got already a red card, because I was 2 time acting before it was my turn. Therefore, I thought better to agree to the deal. In online games I never did so far.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
finally I reached final table in 5.5 buy in this month, after 4 years of playing :D wanted to deal , but not all players accepted

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I will make a deal If I am short stacked, If I am on Top 3, No Deal, just Winn! :beer:

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No, I am not interested for a deal in the final table, because I prefer to play the game!

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
The few final tables I was at I indeed was open for a deal for a simple reason that I did not consider my self favorite vs the table.

And that's the whole philosophy to it from my point of view. No matter the stack size, if I think I can hang with the other players I would play it out. But if I think I am outclassed then I am up for a deal.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a bit competitive for better or worse. I wont be the first to bring up a deal but I am usually not going to be the only remaining person who kills the deal.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have done it a few times on request from other players. The advantage is, it reduce your variance, and in one case I also did not mind to end my session rather than continuing, what could have been a lengthy heads-up match for 30$, since we each had more than 60BB.

Obviously you should not make a deal, if you think, you are significantly better than the other players. At least not if the deal is ICM-determined and not negotiable. Negotiating deals is another subject all together but probably not relevant for micro limit players.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Surely in most cases it depends on the size of the stack. I once watched the game of professionals at the final table at pokerstars. The remaining six players had almost the same stacks and the prize for sixth place is known to everyone very small compared to the first place. In this case, all remaining players are very profitable to share the prize.

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never personally made a deal, although I have only ever final tabled micro mtt's in bigger buy-in tourny's I would perhaps consider it based on stack sizes at FT etc.