chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Who else thinks that Doug takes him to the cleaners tonight?

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Post didn’t age well lol jk. But seriously I got 8-1 on Daniel for 1500 so hoping he pulls the miracle!!

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
old school poker vs new
as a streamer and content maker i like Doug

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It doesn't matter who wins. It's just interesting to watch them. :)

Q

Quarkwest

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Last time i saw them playing doug polk was up about 70k having played 2000 hands. But its not a huge deal because its just 2 buyins and one big pot makes dnegs win again. Im rooting for negreanu.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Polk is the favorite for obvious reasons - he was arguably the best heads up player in the world for a time. But he has not played with anything close to that regularity in years. His game is not up to his (earlier) standard/

I have never rated Negreanu that highly as he has always struck as a streaky player...and his routine about never having played heads up is nonsense. But, he has been running really well, with Polk a calling station who has not been able to fold.

The last few sessions were absurd with Negreanu hitting everything - the topper being his Ace quads against Polk's king high flush. But (and it is a serious but) Polk needs to reset his overall outlook or this could be a wash. I have no skin in the game, would still back Polk but...he needs to pull his poker socks up because as everyone can now see, Negreanu has won the majority of sessions- not a good sign.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think this will be closer than a lot of people think. Yes, HU NLHE is Polk's game. Yes, the majority of hands will be online, which is Polk's game, but I don't think people give Negreanu credit for his ability to study. It's not like he doesn't have a wealth of knowledge and experience. He will know what he needs to study and there will be a lot of material available for him to study Polk's game.

I would still make Polk the favourite, but write Negreanu off at your peril...

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think this will be closer than a lot of people think. Yes, HU NLHE is Polk's game. Yes, the majority of hands will be online, which is Polk's game, but I don't think people give Negreanu credit for his ability to study. It's not like he doesn't have a wealth of knowledge and experience. He will know what he needs to study and there will be a lot of material available for him to study Polk's game.

I would still make Polk the favourite, but write Negreanu off at your peril...

Yeah, those who watched the last stream and interview with Polk, he admitted Negreanu was 'stickier' than he thought.

A big winner that day Polk also noted that variance/run good was a huge factor in the duel. Everything worked out Polks way that session whereas Negreanu had been running well before. I am really enjoying the duel but that is how I had been looking at it...two competent players and any session is more about who got the cards than one outplaying the other.

I think play will inevitably get more sophisticated as they continue deeper.

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They're about even now. Never under estimate Daniel.

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh...I feel more than a little silly reading this thread. I hadn't actually known that Polk was considered that kind of really really good. I'd been thinking that people just wanted to root against Daniel because he's become much less likeable for reasons I might have known about at some point but totally lost track of by now.

For my part the whole rivalry between them seemed unbelievably petty on both sides, at least in the talk before the challenge was accepted.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Oh...I feel more than a little silly reading this thread. I hadn't actually known that Polk was considered that kind of really really good. I'd been thinking that people just wanted to root against Daniel because he's become much less likeable for reasons I might have known about at some point but totally lost track of by now.

For my part the whole rivalry between them seemed unbelievably petty on both sides, at least in the talk before the challenge was accepted.

No need to feel silly Lheticus! High stakes heads up is sort of an insular world and most only came to be familiar with Polk when he dialed back play and concentrated more on You Tube when he became well known and followed with his poker analysis and sense of humor.

Negreanu has been stronger than some thought and Polk has to get his game up to speed. At the moment the schedule they play is Monday, Wednesday and Friday and the sessions start mid afternoon when you can follow a stream - check time against your location.