Bluff your opponent, on the trash hand, and then change your mind, your feelings?

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you ever had a situation where you decided to bluff your opponent on a garbage hand, hoping that he would throw out the cards, but then changed your mind, and he thought about it. What were your feelings at that moment?

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From my perspective I think that a winning strategy does not work with thoughts of the type “...decided to bluff your opponent on a garbage hand, hoping that he would throw out the cards...”.

A good player knows that his strategy has value hands, middle hands and bluffs, therefore you should not get carried away by emotions and invent plays that you have not studied.

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This type of situation has happened several times, bluffing is part of my game, so it happens too much to me.
When someone decides to pay I just hope a miracle happens lol.:goodnight

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like pure bluff, I prefer a semi-bluff, but I'm not a player who can call the winner.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hardly ever give up on a bluff when I start it, it has to be in a very specific scenario where my play fits with the board that is on the floop, so I only make a bluff when it makes sense and I usually go to the end on it regardless if the villager will pay or not.

S

stephan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you ever had a situation where you decided to bluff your opponent on a garbage hand, hoping that he would throw out the cards, but then changed your mind, and he thought about it. What were your feelings at that moment?

Most of the time if I bluff I continue to bet because if you just fold then you lost all that money for no reason. If you continue to bet large some players might get scared and throw in the towel. Making it easy money for you. :D

S

stephan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hardly ever give up on a bluff when I start it, it has to be in a very specific scenario where my play fits with the board that is on the floop, so I only make a bluff when it makes sense and I usually go to the end on it regardless if the villager will pay or not.

Well put I completely agree. No need to bluff excessively and just lose money.

S

stephan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This type of situation has happened several times, bluffing is part of my game, so it happens too much to me.
When someone decides to pay I just hope a miracle happens lol.:goodnight

Hahaha I like your way of thinking. Someone has to do it :five:

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I try , sometimes oop , mostly ip . OOP I would fold if opponetnt persists aggressively , sometimes I would bet flop , then check turn for pot control or semibluffs . Basically I want to learn to play better bluff spots , when to continue , when to abandon . Bluffs can be very expensive , on the short and on the long run if you don't know when to go on till the end , even with shove bluff on the river , or when to abandon a hand and minimise losses . Without experience , you might face a rediculous defeat , especially bu a loose ATC player , caller with many less strong hands for big bets . Nice notes on a player help the bluff strategy :)

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online even if someone hits a pair ..they hardly fold

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Usually when my first instinct says to do something... it's right.

When i go back on my initial feeling and intuition/logic I tend to be wrong.

It's always good to take your time and relax before making the move, but keep in mind that the majority of the time your first instinct is right... you just may need to charge up a little bit to actually pull the trigger. (Bluffing aint easy, but it tends to pay big :)) :rock:

S

Superhansi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree on the instinct, in most of my hands that's what the outcome has been ��

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a sense of dread when you're about to get called on a big bluff. If you're going to incorporate bluffs into your poker strategy (which you should, of course) then there is some value in showing some small river bluffs to the other players at your table. It can make your big hits that much more valuable!

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is not just a way to win one draw with an empty hand. This is a way to create your image at the table. This is a way to convince your opponent to pay for your premium hands in the future. Use it in situations that will occur frequently, so that in the future you will get a great benefit from it.:)

SHIZIKK

SHIZIKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is a very important part of the game for me, but when I am overwhelmed with emotions, I cease to realize the profitable bluff lines, and from that moment I try to eliminate bluffs altogether, but this rarely succeeds.

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is the only way of have won on ACR. I have never won with pocket AK,AA or suited cards. I have many times been dealt suited cards and have had 2 suited cards on the flop but only once or twice got the last card to give me the flush. I am happy Card Chat now has GG poker.
They are free cash games so I can't complain. Tonight I received pocket AA first hand someone went in with 10,6. 10, 6 came up on the flop and I was out.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

My trick to the poker face and emotions is to be mad.
This isn't a worthless game. This is my bankroll and soo much more.
Thinking about losing all my money and walking home a loser as I have done so many times. Provides focus and reflection

Anger makes me steady and confident. Also helps me intimidate opponents

I never plan on bluffing before I'm dealt cards and obtain as much information on all players and analyze opponents ranges, tendency, and how they view me.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My feelings were that I was bluffing my chips away and it is not worth it, lol

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first thought that comes to mind is that it was a bad decision and a bad reading of the game and which makes you lose a big pot

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think, the bluff is one of the more difficult things to dominate in poker

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
bluffing

bluffing is actually a skill because you need to know when to bluff and when to realize your opponent has a strong hand and when to give it up

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can plan a triple barrel barrel but when a river card falls which is a terrible card for your range and a great one for your opponents range, you sometimes have to shut down the bluff. The better of a read you have on your opponent the better you will know which cards to check fold.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Disappointment that I didn't sell it...

GGthiagoXD

GGthiagoXD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluff? what is it ? lol, feeling is like a dog when you fall from change you know kkkk. well come on the bluff is a fact there is no such thing as a bluff because bluff is a blunt, unforgettable move and it starts before you get the cards it is usually a great player who is willing to call you but ... bluff is a work of art, pruff bluff is never caught is never seen nobody nobody knows only you and that Yes inside you! XD

A

alsorory

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely buffing is should be part of your game

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands