M

major pissadas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

I play on pokerstars and, at this moment, there are <10 people playing NL5 regular but >200 playing NL5 zoom. I think it was last year that my country opened its market and we now have players from 4 different countries but those foreign players never go to regular tables, it's like they don't know they exist. My situation is, I can wait for the hours when there's more people playing at the regular tables or I can start at NL2z and try to adapt. I say NL2z because I've been very unlucky in my attempts at the zoom tables at NL5 and NL10. There's not even the possibility to target select a table since Pokerstars removed that feature.

Do you guys think it's worth trying to adapt to the Zoom playstyle or do I just keep playing when there's enough people at the regular tables?

Cheers

Edit: Besides the bad luck, I think I also play worse at zoom because I don't know my opponents.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I play on Pokerstars and, at this moment, there are <10 people playing NL5 regular but >200 playing NL5 zoom. I think it was last year that my country opened its market and we now have players from 4 different countries but those foreign players never go to regular tables, it's like they don't know they exist. My situation is, I can wait for the hours when there's more people playing at the regular tables or I can start at NL2z and try to adapt. I say NL2z because I've been very unlucky in my attempts at the zoom tables at NL5 and NL10. There's not even the possibility to target select a table since Pokerstars removed that feature.

Do you guys think it's worth trying to adapt to the Zoom playstyle or do I just keep playing when there's enough people at the regular tables?

Cheers

Edit: Besides the bad luck, I think I also play worse at zoom because I don't know my opponents.

No, it forces you to play bad cards and that can develop bsd habits.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Me too did not adapt to Zoom
Looks like that everyone plays any cards when you should wait for good cards only
once you can fold several times
I dont like it
Rgds

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Surely that was 10 tables and not 10 people ? i cant say ive ever seen less than around 40 tables at 5nl on pokerstars and usually around tripple that amount at 2nl running. Make sure you're not just looking at the € or £ tables but the $ tables as well,check your filters because that cant be right.

Last edited:
Ygtszksn

Ygtszksn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Surely that was 10 tables and not 10 people ? i cant say ive ever seen less than around 40 tables at 5nl on pokerstars and usually around tripple that amount at 2nl running. Make sure you're not just looking at the € or £ tables but the $ tables as well,check your filters because that cant be right.

I just look and you are right. Have many table with 2nl and 5nl. Passidas check your settings ;)

M

major pissadas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol, it isn't about settings. The moment zoom tables were enabled in my country, many people left regular tables. There's 13 people playing now, as you can see in the link.

https://ibb.co/f1KD6Gh

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can learn to play zoom if you don't want to waste time on the cache, everything is very individually, for example, I now often 6+ holdem now, you can quickly raise the cache or lose)

C

crimsonshroud88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom is way less forgiving to your leaks as a cash player. Even a weak player in zoom doesn't have to play trash hands, because he can fast fold.
So having tighter ranges and a better default game vs unknown players is a must.

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think zoom appeals to the players that desire constant action. Those without the desire to learn correct strategy and/or without the discipline to fold moderate holdings, and/or without the patience to wait for the cards worth playing and the flops they connect with. It's much more like gambling and I list it in the dgen column in my books.

S

SuckMyTilt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol, it isn't about settings. The moment zoom tables were enabled in my country, many people left regular tables. There's 13 people playing now, as you can see in the link.

your on € are you able to click or enable $ that should show more players (theres like 20k players on there site at that time when you took a screen shot)

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

"Stakes custom" you have it on € so next to the "max players" drop down list click on the little icon "narrow your search results". And then in currency select enable "All".

Last edited:
M

major pissadas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Stakes custom" you have it on € so next to the "max players" drop down list click on the little icon "narrow your search results". And then in currency select enable "All".

I don't have the option to change currency. Since I'm playing in portugal, maybe it's not possible to change

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never won zoom in my entire life.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have the option to change currency. Since I'm playing in Portugal, maybe it's not possible to change

Have a chat with their live support perhaps your only allowed to play in € so that's what i would suggest. Other wise you could try partypoker or 888 poker to see if you're country can play in the sites featured currency which is $. Or maybe try one of the ipoker skins like betfair which uses € as the main currency and take the 35% rakeback deal at RakeTheRake. There are always plenty of options so dont worry just shop around a little bit.

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Look, my friend! If you have a short time Zoom tournaments can compensate because they are faster but in my opinion it is not worth to play cash Zoom because they are much harder than the regular regular unless it is your preferred modality.

M

major pissadas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have a chat with their live support perhaps your only allowed to play in € so that's what i would suggest. Other wise you could try PartyPoker or 888 poker to see if you're country can play in the sites featured currency which is $. Or maybe try one of the ipoker skins like Betfair which uses € as the main currency and take the 35% rakeback deal at RakeTheRake. There are always plenty of options so dont worry just shop around a little bit.

The only legal website in my country is Pokerstars which means they can do whatever changes they want since there is no competition.

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I found out the type of zoom cash, I was excited! The game runs very fast, you have the chance to fold before your turn comes and you play more hands per hour. An important difference between normal cash game and zoom cash game is that you play in every hand with other players, so you can't learn how everyone plays, as they can not learn how you play! So if you think you have good skills and knowledge, you can save time with zoom cash!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I sometimes play the zoom on PokerstarsES on the limits of NL 2 - NL5 and I can say that there are a lot of weak players and it is quite possible to win there !!!

M

major pissadas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes play the zoom on PokerstarsES on the limits of NL 2 - NL5 and I can say that there are a lot of weak players and it is quite possible to win there !!!

If you are playing from Spain, then we must have the same Pokerstars. Do you know why only portuguese players go to the regular tables? Do you not have regular tables in your country?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I live in Ukraine but sometimes I play on pokerstars.es !!! I play tournaments, but sometimes if I don’t have a good tournament that interests me, then I play zoom on the NL 2 - NL5 limits !!! unfortunately I never play at cash tables and did not pay attention to it !!! I just looked and at ordinary tables there are not too few players)))

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 41
Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a professional and not a regular player in cash games. But in my opinion you currently should not play zoom games. Or you need to tighten the theory for the game of zoom.
The zoom game is dispersive and in order to be in plus you need to play either tightly or understand the game perfectly and of course a good bankroll ..
And unless you can not switch in the cashier the purchase of currency in dollars?

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello

I love to play zoom as compared to regular for the speed of the game.

They are fast and furious.

You have poor cards you fold.

You have good cards than you make others fold.

Win blinds and lose blinds.

But you are always in action, thats the best part of zoom.

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom is much faster and you can fast fold to better hands. People cant waite^^

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before I liked the game zoom, but nothing compares to the original.

M

major pissadas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I live in Ukraine but sometimes I play on pokerstars.es !!! I play tournaments, but sometimes if I don’t have a good tournament that interests me, then I play zoom on the NL 2 - NL5 limits !!! unfortunately I never play at cash tables and did not pay attention to it !!! I just looked and at ordinary tables there are not too few players)))

Your Pokerstars has a lot more players at the tables than mine. We must not be playing in the same software.

Anyway, I've been playing NL5 regular tables and played like ~800 NL2 zoom. I'll be doing this for a while to see if I can also beat the zoom tables and move up. Otherwise, I'm stuck playing only at certain times of the day where I can play 4 tables against fish.

Thanks everyone for the input