re: Poker & playing against absolute beginners
This is more of a re-hash of what JL has said, but ive played lots and lots with these sort of players.
1) Play your big hands hard and fast. If you pick up AA,KK,QQ for example, dont be afraid to over-bet, dont try anything fancy, be prepared to go all-in on a whim with them. DONT SLOW PLAY ANYTHING.
2) Limp-in to lots of pots while the blinds are small. The likelyhood of these guys raising is slim, these guys wont respect your table position, so limping in will be cheap. If you hit the flop, bet it hard, the likelyhood is that these guys will chase gut-shots and backdoor flush draws, make them pay for it.
3) Beware of the A-rag play, especially if your playing Top pair and an ace comes on the turn or river. Ive seen novice players pay out nicely chasing their ace, ive even seen them call bets on the river with their Ace high.
4) Be fully prepared to fold, if you see 2 guys betting and raising each other, get out quick unless you have a monster.
5) Your more likely to get outdrawn in this type of game, take it on the chin if you bust out ! Smile and say "See you guys next time".