I'd like to share an interesting poker Concept for NL and limit holdem.

Mikeisanace777

Mikeisanace777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They say poker has millions of hand combinations and it's true, but I have an easy strategy that doesn't take a lot of skill and it works. My system is called spectrum spread analysis and it works by theorizing what can only occur with your 2 cards in relation to what the bet is usually. I say this because to many people play abc tight poker or open up in position without considering the basic fundamentals of the simple game.

: Example 5 people to the pot one min raise everyone calls you have 7-10 suited on the button. A solid play here is a re raise and make it a 3 way pot, but with my system you can fold or re raise because 7-10s makes a vulnerable flush to weird Ak limpers,10-10 and simple kj connected to a k-4-7 board. 7-10 makes a beatable straight and only looks tricky but it's aint. My strategy works like this go ahead and play abc poker like raise ak suited anywhere especially the button just raise it up,but from position in relation to the bets it's better to have a huge differential hand. Same scenario 5 pot limp one min re raise now you have 5-3 off suit.. Raise it up flat callers to your raise means b- hands like Q-J-A-10 and if it's reraised to a heads up scenario you can call if it's not a monster bet figuring kings-PP or AQ-AJ etc.. You have a huge differential so if the flop goes 3-5-9 he probably missed outright,but will bet into you when over pairs looks prime and you will win a lot most of the time. These hands can turn into trickery with it's differential and if the flop is good it can be like flopping a set of 99 to A-K's one pair a killer scenario.

Overall the idea is to realize what your hand represents in total for it's win possibilities. Of course a hand like QQ is excellent to Q-4-6 rainbow board this is ideal,but we still raise it up to weak bets pre flop and often get beat by KJ one pair on the turn. In fact hands like 88-qq are so easily beat by loose callers that K-4 off suit can win,but with 3-5-2-4 5-6 and 10-j you know where you stand with the exception of 10-j you figure your beat, but have great odds on the open end straight as a general rule.You can draw out and win nice pots against 2 pair when someone who fails to bet enough on the streets.

Good luck just an idea this isn't an always thing sometimes 2-4 flops trips like 22-j if your getting called you can expect a better duck Like A-2 just check, slow down and sometimes fold.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks I'll incorporate this system into my lose play system and see if it improves my odds any... lol any system other than the one ive got has got to be better for my game play.

Hmm at the moment I play any suited connectors and pairs not doing much with any thing else.... is that tight lose or just being a nit? ahh ummm 3 betting is not being a nit right? or 3 betting when in position is not being a nit but tight player? just flat calling and limping is being a nit...?

Ok I'll work it our eventually... still reckon i got another 5 years of freerolls to help tidy up my game a little...

Stop when the fun stops or if you break something:eek::eek::eek:

Mikeisanace777

Mikeisanace777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PP early and middle is ok to limp if it's under 77,suited connectors suck because what are you trying to get a straight flush! I prefer one gappers unsuited it's tricky and can be played like ak in position.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They say poker has millions of hand combinations and it's true, but I have an easy strategy that doesn't take a lot of skill and it works. My system is called spectrum spread analysis and it works by theorizing what can only occur with your 2 cards in relation to what the bet is usually. I say this because to many people play abc tight poker or open up in position without considering the basic fundamentals of the simple game.

: Example 5 people to the pot one min raise everyone calls you have 7-10 suited on the button. A solid play here is a re raise and make it a 3 way pot, but with my system you can fold or re raise because 7-10s makes a vulnerable flush to weird Ak limpers,10-10 and simple kj connected to a k-4-7 board. 7-10 makes a beatable straight and only looks tricky but it's aint. My strategy works like this go ahead and play abc poker like raise ak suited anywhere especially the button just raise it up,but from position in relation to the bets it's better to have a huge differential hand. Same scenario 5 pot limp one min re raise now you have 5-3 off suit.. Raise it up flat callers to your raise means b- hands like Q-J-A-10 and if it's reraised to a heads up scenario you can call if it's not a monster bet figuring kings-PP or AQ-AJ etc.. You have a huge differential so if the flop goes 3-5-9 he probably missed outright,but will bet into you when over pairs looks prime and you will win a lot most of the time. These hands can turn into trickery with it's differential and if the flop is good it can be like flopping a set of 99 to A-K's one pair a killer scenario.

Overall the idea is to realize what your hand represents in total for it's win possibilities. Of course a hand like QQ is excellent to Q-4-6 rainbow board this is ideal,but we still raise it up to weak bets pre flop and often get beat by KJ one pair on the turn. In fact hands like 88-qq are so easily beat by loose callers that K-4 off suit can win,but with 3-5-2-4 5-6 and 10-j you know where you stand with the exception of 10-j you figure your beat, but have great odds on the open end straight as a general rule.You can draw out and win nice pots against 2 pair when someone who fails to bet enough on the streets.

Good luck just an idea this isn't an always thing sometimes 2-4 flops trips like 22-j if your getting called you can expect a better duck Like A-2 just check, slow down and sometimes fold.

I do like this idea, but I feel like it has some flaws, especially with your 35 example. When you re-raise with it and get all the callers, sure a couple of them might have monster Ace combos. Others however, can have something like you, or a pocket pair. When you flop bottom two, it looks good but still be weary of other hands like 99 or any bigger pair that may connect or counterfeit you.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules