Folding this in a long term is profitable?

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Zoom Hand #201785120928: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2019/06/27 19:18:21 CET [2019/06/27 13:18:21 ET]
Table 'Halley' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: gruvjashka ($2 in chips)
Seat 2: mumin1988 ($1.99 in chips)
Seat 3: danilo7even ($3.21 in chips)
Seat 4: LexaGamer ($2.33 in chips)
Seat 5: jimmycliff12 ($2 in chips)
Seat 6: Ups I Do It ($2.56 in chips)
mumin1988: posts small blind $0.01
danilo7even: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Ups I Do It [Kc Kh]
LexaGamer: raises $0.04 to $0.06
jimmycliff12: folds
Ups I Do It: raises $0.10 to $0.16
gruvjashka: folds
mumin1988: calls $0.15
danilo7even: folds
LexaGamer: calls $0.10
*** FLOP *** [9d Th 9s]
mumin1988: bets $0.02
LexaGamer: calls $0.02
Ups I Do It: raises $0.27 to $0.29
mumin1988: calls $0.27
LexaGamer: folds
*** TURN *** [9d Th 9s] [8s]
mumin1988: bets $0.02
Ups I Do It: raises $0.52 to $0.54
mumin1988: raises $0.52 to $1.06
Ups I Do It: folds
Uncalled bet ($0.52) returned to mumin1988
mumin1988 collected $2.10 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $2.18 | Rake $0.08
Board [9d Th 9s 8s]
Seat 1: gruvjashka (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: mumin1988 (small blind) collected ($2.10)
Seat 3: danilo7even (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: LexaGamer folded on the Flop
Seat 5: jimmycliff12 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Ups I Do It folded on the Turn

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hard to read threw the hand in this format.. pot size and positions would be usefull!
good fold imo but i might just call the limp on the flop or if i raise, very small because the board is pretty safe for kings. since he called your raise and donk limps again im pretty sure he got at least trips. as played i would just call the turn limp because you get crazy odds to hit a K and if u dont improve and he bombs the river, you know whats up.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise bigger pre. WP post flop - very wet board.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said, your 3-bet is to small. My standard size here would with 10BB, and frankly at 2NL most players are so bad, that you can also get away with making it even bigger, when you have a great hand like KK. By going so small you are giving them great implied odds, if they make a casual call with a small pair, a suited connector etc.

Postflop first of all, we should just ignore his silly little two cent bets, because they are mathematically meaningless, and pretend that he checked to us. So you are betting the flop for value, you are betting the turn for value, and then you fold to a mini-raise.

I dont like that at all. I will admit, that when bad players take a line like this, they often have a very strong hand. At least something, that beat an overpair. But at the same time, when you bet the turn, you have already put half your stack in the middle, and you should really not do that, unless you intend to stack off and think, that this is profitable.

So either check back the turn, which in this case mean calling his silly little 2c bet. Or get it in, when he raise you, and hope you are somehow good. This also boil back to preflop, because if you go bigger, he might not casually cold call your 3-bet out of the blinds. And if he does, the pot is so large, that KK is just an automatic stack-off postflop, when there is no A on the board.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said, your 3-bet is to small. My standard size here would with 10BB, and frankly at 2NL most players are so bad, that you can also get away with making it even bigger, when you have a great hand like KK. By going so small you are giving them great implied odds, if they make a casual call with a small pair, a suited connector etc.

Postflop first of all, we should just ignore his silly little two cent bets, because they are mathematically meaningless, and pretend that he checked to us. So you are betting the flop for value, you are betting the turn for value, and then you fold to a mini-raise.

I dont like that at all. I will admit, that when bad players take a line like this, they often have a very strong hand. At least something, that beat an overpair. But at the same time, when you bet the turn, you have already put half your stack in the middle, and you should really not do that, unless you intend to stack off and think, that this is profitable.

So either check back the turn, which in this case mean calling his silly little 2c bet. Or get it in, when he raise you, and hope you are somehow good. This also boil back to preflop, because if you go bigger, he might not casually cold call your 3-bet out of the blinds. And if he does, the pot is so large, that KK is just an automatic stack-off postflop, when there is no A on the board.

I think this is a brilliant analysis of this hand!

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never fold on that buyin...

K

killbello

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree with fundiver199. I just want to add that due to the silly bets the villain made, it make me think he is a pretty bad player, so I will stack off with my overpair and wish good luck

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like missclick. Did he raise after long pause? Or instantly?

Folding in Poker