CO vs BB. Facing Flop Overbet in 3B pot

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I made a bit of a donkey move vs. a reg population that mostly bets for value.

Apologies for lack of HH. My hand catcher failed.

NL20 on Pokerbros (pretend it's NL2 as far as population playstyle goes)

I raise KTs from CO. BB, a reg with a fairly balanced 3bet and squeeze %.

He Reraised 4x pot
I call
Flop is
489tt and I hit a flush draw

He leads with a 1.25x cbet and I reraised 3x with a flush draw. And he shoved for about 25% pot giving me a price to call vs what I narrowed down to a set.

Was this a really bad move on my part? The flop overbet was fairly polar on a board that misses much of his 3bet range leaving only sets and a few bluffs.

Was his flop overbet a reasonable play?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop KTs is a little marginal to call a 3-bet, but at least you had position. On the flop I rarely raise draws in 3-bet pots, because in general there is not much fold equity. I also rarely raise against overbets, because again there is usually not much fold equity. So I probably just call in position fully knowing, I am not getting the right price for a 1-card draw, but banking on good implied odds, if I complete my draw.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop KTs is a little marginal to call a 3-bet, but at least you had position. On the flop I rarely raise draws in 3-bet pots, because in general there is not much fold equity. I also rarely raise against overbets, because again there is usually not much fold equity. So I probably just call in position fully knowing, I am not getting the right price for a 1-card draw, but banking on good implied odds, if I complete my draw.

Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it [emoji4]

KTs is a 100% call vs balanced BB blind 3 bet as far as I remember.

Even snowie which is quite tight in 3 bet spots makes the call with KTs

Likewise it's also a call from a solver's point of view. I even call with middle suited connectors vs. loose 3 bettors which this player was.

(I apologize but I can't seem to upload the images of the ranges I want to share)

Anyhoo, i did a range vs hand equity calculation and KTs had 47% equity at worst vs. an overbet range of only 4 or 6 hands (I forget exactly how many combos). So in hindsite vs. a balanced range with 35% bluffs, I think I made a proper play (unless I'm missing some glaring factor that makes the play unprofitable).

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is there not much fold equity? SPR?