Should I move from Bovada to Carbon?
I started playing poker seriously about 7 months ago and signed up at Bovada
because it is by far the #1 recommended site to play on for USA players.
Now 7 months later, I feel like making the switch for a few reasons.
1. No real player perks to Bovada like rakeback or VIP programs. Not even freerolls
besides the CC ones. I think I have seen Bovada host like 2 decent ones in the 7 months I have been a player. Only real perk is your initial deposit bonus.
2. Notes are only good for that sessions and it is rare that someone stays at the same table for more than 100 hands.
3. HUD is only good for your current session and like I said before, it is rare for someone to stay for more than 100 hands.
4. You can only play 4 tables at a time and since I mainly play full ring it makes it kind of slow.
5. Table selection is more difficult since you don't know who is sitting at that table before you join.
6. Can anyone let me know about the traffic on Carbon? On Bovada the only time there is traffic is in the evenings and since I work an always changing work schedule it makes getting hands in hard.
7. I feel like I am not learning much on Bovada anymore since you can't really use stats to exploit opponents and I feel like that is something I should start learning.
8. I just got PT4 and it made me realize how bad Bovada is for reviewing hands/sessions. I can't review hands and base them off villain tendencies and you have to wait 24 hours to review so the situations are not fresh in your memory and since Bovada's traffic is late evenings I usually have to wait 36/48 hours to review hands unless I want to do it late at night.
So again, it hinders me from really learning further/studying my own game(this should probably be #1)
9. STT seems like they are just to easy to collude in with the anonymous feature and I don't play them.
10. I can use my PT4 HUD on Carbon which will be more beneficial to my game in all aspects, reviewing tricky hands(you can save a hand right when it happens to review later) I will be able to better track/exploit villains much more efficiently.
The only positives I ever hear about Bovada is softer player pools and quick payouts which is nice but I really want to learn to become a better player and quick payouts do not matter so much because I do not make an income from poker and am just trying to learn as much as I can about the game while building a bankroll and moving up stakes.
So to sum it up I want to switch because of Bovadas evening only traffic, I also feel like I am not learning much at Bovada anymore because of anonymous feature which makes exploiting kind of pointless and it disables me from getting the most out of PT4 and hand review sessions, no real player perks.
Any Carbon players here that have switched or played on both? Is my thinking about Carbon wrong?