Bodog Launches New Software Today!

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
OK I HAVE TO DIGRESS, forget everything i posted

I just read through the whole 2+2 thread on this and this will not work, I didnt know collusions rings could be so big. I didnt know all the grand visions they had for bodog

I posted how the $2/$4 HU table about 10 had 1 person in all of them and people over there are saying the same thing about the 6 man double up where each game has 3 people ready and wiating. JUST TOO MANY IFS

OH sorry PO I didnt proof read it was suppose to say to say SAME not different table

Even though I hate people knowing my betting patterns, I guess its better than this set up.

OH well I lost my whole $2.50 roll on there so I wont be depositing either,

They blind the issues with ideas that sound like they could be alright but then in the big picture its really bad, just many players like me, dont really see the big picture

T

TJ26mi

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bodog downgrade

I just played a $5 2table doubleup. It took about 2 hoursand seemed like about 5 hours.This new no name format might appeal to someone playing while reading and watching tv. I hate that you cant adjust where you are seating either. I will put up with it while I searh for a better site. any ideas?

JamesDaBear

JamesDaBear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there any site you can't do this ^ on?

Not sure why I'm even writing on Bodog thread tbh. I mean I've got zero intentions of playing on there ever again if they don't change things. I guess just a bit disgruntled... but shock is wearing off.

Whether or not we play on the site... it's a huge disappointment when something that could add to the online poker community falls so flat... like so many other online poker ventures. It's constantly one step forward and two steps back, sometimes off a cliff.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
ditto ^

I just read (on another forum) that a guy sat down on a cash table, won a bit, left the table & then immediately returned to same table & was able to buyin for the min.:confused:

Joe Showdown lives. ;)

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Prediction....by Friday, Dec 9th, Hustler will have more players than Bodog.......:eek:

Hell, CC will have more visitors than Bodog.......

Oskool

Oskool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not so sure about the update. I can't seem to find out how to have my seat always at the bottom middle of the table. Also, I had a tournament ticket that is now missing, WTF!

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Said Bodog and there reps were terrible years ago. Continue to say that and wouldnt even re download the software to check it out.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay, that's it. All the aforementioned idiocy is bad enough, but now they've crossed a line I cannot abide by.

I have Bodog, as I do all poker clients, installed to my D: drive. I install nothing to my C: drive, which is an SSD for OS only. This Bodog "update" blew away my D: installation and installed to C:\Bodog. Not even C:\Program Files which is the Windows default. C:\Bodog. Such an abominable sin cannot be understated.

Glad I blew off my last $8 last night while checking out the insanity. Uninstalling as we speak...

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
is it me or bodog is now collusion haven

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have already deposited and started my run of collusion with player 6

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry he moved to seat 2 already.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just reading this shit puts me on life tilt.. Seriously. Sounds like a giant scam.. Player 6? What would be the purpose behind this.. Makes zero sense to me.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do the tables also have some unique identification, so that any 2, or 3, or 4 or....players could ICM who they are at what table, and bodog could never know if the players hid their asses?

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay, that's it. All the aforementioned idiocy is bad enough, but now they've crossed a line I cannot abide by.

I have Bodog, as I do all poker clients, installed to my D: drive. I install nothing to my C: drive, which is an SSD for OS only. This Bodog "update" blew away my D: installation and installed to C:\Bodog. Not even C:\Program Files which is the Windows default. C:\Bodog. Such an abominable sin cannot be understated.

Glad I blew off my last $8 last night while checking out the insanity. Uninstalling as we speak...

When d calls something an "abominable sin" I sit up and listen. Should we all be freaking out? I'm serious. What are the ramifications and/or possible consequences of having the new, unspeakably horrendous Bodog on our C: drives?

elvis mcburgerking

elvis mcburgerking

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to register for some of the freerolls, but i get a stupid error message even after the "new software update" it says:
THE SERVER IS UNABLE TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST AT THIS TIME (-71).
what a shitty site. i am still grieving over pokerstars being gone too..... :mad:
i live in Michigan. land of the unemployed, and oppressed internet poker.:eek:

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When d calls something an "abominable sin" I sit up and listen. Should we all be freaking out? I'm serious. What are the ramifications and/or possible consequences of having the new, unspeakably horrendous Bodog on our C: drives?

Sorry, I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek. I guess my dripping sarcasm got caught in my beard and didn't make it online. :p

No danger or consequences, other than you might not want random crap littering C:\. Software that forces itself to a particular location without opportunity for user override -- especially when it's not using the standard OS defaults when doing so -- seriously tilts me. It violates basic guidelines of user friendliness when it comes to software design, and I am extremely pedantic about such things. I don't expect all of you to share my outrage. ;)

EDIT: Did I just get reverse sarcasm-ed? LOL

Last edited:
S

supervann7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not a fan of the anonymous tourneys, It makes it impossible to report cheating or any unusual activity with a single player...... After the tourney is over I still don't know who beat me. For all I know it could be a scam and bodog employees, how can they prove that I am playing against real players.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry, I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek. I guess my dripping sarcasm got caught in my beard and didn't make it online. :p

No danger or consequences, . ;)

Are you sure?:eek:, Can any of us be sure? :eek: Anyone so devious as to do what has been done at the dog, is capable of anything ....ANYTHING !!!!!! :mad: And by next week when absolutely no one is playing there:(, and they are making no money, they may have a sneaky way in to collect all your PW's for all the other sites and do GAWD KNOWS what with that info!:eek:

J

jimmi page

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my tourny tickets have not been returned yet. When rebooted or down loaded the new soft ware. my points and money was all the same but my tickets were gone. I WORKED HARD FOR THOSE TICKETS. i called support yesterday and they said they would look into it. ANYONE ELSE LOSE THERE FREEROLL $7500 TICKETS

qwerrk

qwerrk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had a Bodog account for years -- no more. Simply ridiculous thinking by someone....lawyers probably....sheesh!

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like it. My game is hurt by tracking and HUDs because I play a big pot strategy and fold ridiculously until I have big hand potential. Very easy to play against with a HUD. I have been winning on Bodog up to now, so I will have to wait and see how it works. I hope I don't lose my qualifier to the $7500.00 freeroll I won this week. One of the posters said he lost his tourney tickets in the upgrade.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess we cant hold this against Becky, as I dont think she makes the decisions(?)

But, Becky, you were always fast with answers, and now you are not. Is it because

a. you just dont have any?

b. you are overwhelmed at the negative response (but, seriously, was it not kinda a given?)

c. you are taking the complaints to a higher level and waiting to see if bodog want to remain a site players will go to?

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada