Bodog Launches New Software Today!

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if he or she leaves just start all over[/u].

this is the problem for me. Why cant I know who a player is, I am not speaking PT3 HEM. I mean using my mind and nothing else. I am sorry, but im am out of bodog. The underlined above is gonna kill bodog for any serious player.

Splitpot88

Splitpot88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow...just got off the phone with support for the 4th freakin time. "We are still working on the bugs and are sorry you cannot get the upgrade yet, please give us 24 hours" :banginghead: Looks like Americas Cardroom may be my new home.

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I know Im going to be jumping from table to table everytime I take down a nice pot, SO hopefully I can avoid anyone getting too many reads on me, and then hopefully I can resit down at same table with less money (I think thats a new feature) then when I stood up and hopefully at new position at the table, DAMN PLAYER 2 is gone (took the money and ran) NOPE IM BACK AS PLAYER 5.

ANd yes forum games are going to a trip. HMM should i reveal myself or should I just be quiet. But probably after one of my stellar F'd up plays everyone will go, DAN ABS SEAT 4

BODOG could become the new money oasis ONE BIG POT AT A TIME

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea i Just downloaded the new Bodog and its looks good, am thinking of seeing if my deposit will go through on the site, but

IS this the same site the US will have next year or will we get a a whole new facelift after they leave the US. I dont quite understand, they are leaving the US market at the end of the year but will still have a poker site in the US (will the US be able to play with ROW on bodog or is going to be bodog usa)

Yes, this is the same poker software that the newly branded MMGG site (bodog.eu until December 31, 2011) will have. MMGG is the company that owns the bodog.eu software and runs the operations- they will continue to be a part of the bodog poker Network even after the rebrand at the end of the year.

Thanks!
Becky

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really? All the complaints in this thread and the only thing you reply to is about what software the new site is going to have? You might be lucky to still have customers by the time the split occurs. All my money has been withdrawn and I'm officially done with the first site I ever played on.

Have fun becoming less relevant than ever (quite the feat) Bodog.

P

plainluck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just downloaded new and checked it out. Don't like the numbered players. AT ALL!!!!!!!!!! Has to go. Otherwise, seems OK.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait, let me get this straight. People still play on Bodog?

That site has always been complete garbage and from this thread it has gotten away. Secondly, it has always been a bit shady. Why bother?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would be willing to do a P2P xfer of all my bodog funds to Player 11.......

facepalm.......

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Solid poker might be a way to win here... ya think?

-

Lol. I guess you'd rather be colluded against than have some guy use a HUD.

How can you play solid poker with no reads on players from past history?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol. I guess you'd rather be colluded against than have some guy use a HUD.

How can you play solid poker with no reads on players from past history?
Yep.

Botters will really like the new anon tables too. No one will ever know that they have 100s of bots playing 24 hrs a day. Won't be long before Bodog just becomes a bot v bot site because no one with a brain is going to keep playing there.

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
WOOOO I throw a softball question, and the rep just ignores all of you and answers the only poster that matters WOOOOOO

Let me try again,

Is bodog thinking of changing the color of the tables,

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sure hope they have a backup plan........

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is bodog thinking of changing the color of the tables,
You can change it now, just go to preferences and change it, they added a new one "racetrack" lol It's an oval shape table and not the flat screen.

calicard

calicard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe Just Maybe

Hmmmm Being around the internet poker world for awhile the subject that always pops up is Bots. players saying "I was beaten by a bot" I've been accused of being a bot just because I won a few hands and was not chatting. Has it occurred to any of you the reason all the players are anonymous is (They are all bots). Bodog is now you playing against the machine. They will manipulate you into thinking you are the best. Then set you up with a miracle hand that gets beat by a bigger miracle hand thus taking all your cashola. In one split second. Just a theory:eek:

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is seriously the worst 'upgrade'(<??) I have ever seen.
I just started adding in a few MTTs from Bodog to the schedule with plans of adding in a few more... also planned on taking shots in the $100K via the '30seat' satty. Doubt I'll ever even consider it now.

This is also terrible for potential collusion (imo). ie. player #3 & #7 you think could be colluding but now they've moved (or have they?.. maybe the new #2 is #7 who just left?). How can you keep track of any of this? (nevermind player reads & actually 'playing poker').
I can't see this lasting long. This is a joke imo.

Very disappointed in the new software. No user names, just Player 1,2,3 etc.
No way to save notes or utilize old notes on players. Did not speed up a 90 min SNG. Tile feature does not work with two monitors. One sound when it's your turn to act, no reminders when clock expires.
Please come back Full Tilt!!!

What?
So we play the same vs. all players? .. 'solid' (is that like bettin' POT w AIR sorta thing?)

Guessin' the cashier will be busy on Bodog this week. I'm in shock as this has gotta be the stupidest move ever!

From what I see, all you cash players have been SCALPED by the Mohawk!!!!!

Not liking that anon thingy....at all... Truly, a glory hole game..... no, a glory hole would be more fun.......

Bye Bye Bodoggie.....

As soon as I saw the numbered anonymous system yesterday, I withdrew my roll. Might as well be playing a bunch of bots, with no idea who your opponents are and note-taking impossible. HUD I can live without... not the rest. Is glory hole bingo now, not poker.

BAD DOG!! :rolleyes: :eek: :(

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
BODOG could become the new money oasis ONE BIG POT AT A TIME[/quote

Not quite going up to plan,

There are like 10 $2/$4 HU's tables and there is one person waiting in every single one of those, Guess it would have to be the same person

HEY I DO LIKE THE RACE TRACK OPTION it looks like A POKER TABLE

HMMM Now I knocked someout and they sat out for a few minutes and then I was paying attention to that seat and some buys in for the min, now is that same player I was just playing. Maybe I do see the some shortcomings about this

Last edited:
C

Corey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait, let me get this straight. People still play on Bodog?

That site has always been complete garbage and from this thread it has gotten away. Secondly, it has always been a bit shady. Why bother?

Some of us have been playing on Bodog since black friday. Why?

Because they PAY BY CHECK WITHIN A WEEK USUALLY.

Because there are MORE DONKS ON BODOG THAN ON MERGE.

Because some of us are ADDICTED TO online poker!!!!

C

Corey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, this is the same poker software that the newly branded MMGG site (bodog.eu until December 31, 2011) will have. MMGG is the company that owns the bodog.eu software and runs the operations- they will continue to be a part of the Bodog Poker Network even after the rebrand at the end of the year.

Thanks!
Becky

Becky as a female, how do you feel about the sexist, inane, banal, sophomoric, cartoons posted to CalvinAyre.com? I've never seen such garbage

T

TJ26mi

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bodog becomes the pong of online poker sites

I can't believe this format. no names no notes no pictures no fun . Might as well play video poker on a slot machine.They say it has less distractions. I say you can turn off chat and block avatars if you choose, but I want to know who I am playing against. I love their quick(relatively) payout time but may look elsewhere. TJ26mi:confused:

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GL peeps and I'm with ya it sucks but it is what it is and if u sit at a table and u wonder who player007 is, it's probably me NEWTDOG101! lol Peace!

All jokes aside--from what I could tell, players' numbers are assigned according to the order in which they registered at SNG tables. How does that work in MTTs? Are there a slew of 007's?! What happens as the tourney progresses and players are eliminated? Does your number change when you're moved to a new table?

Is seat selection a thing of the past too? I'm so used to sitting in seat 5 on Bodog that being seated in #2 was a real jolt.

And Becky, please address all of our concerns and questions if you are able. :)

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certainly a raving review over there......:eek:

Becky, I will guess America's Card Room could use a talent like yours...... ;)

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
OK I put in some serious time, jumping tables and grinding some at a table. I thought Id like it, but there are so many things I forgot. First if some dude is playing every micro room there is or if in only 1/2 of them. Sometimes I want to be in the table and sometimes I dont, so now I cant even check.

Now this was all ring game play. It seemed 2 people were letting everyone know they were colluding but not really. They were chit chatting, stuff so everyone at the table were aware they knew each other. WAIT HOW DOES PLAYER 2 KNOW PLAYER 6.

Now I havent played them but the MTT side of this might not be to bad as, youre given a number that I dont think changes like 23 or 45 or 105. So you can pay attention to a certain number person and make mental or handwritten notes, so this might not be as bad as everyone thinks, EXCEPT ALL notes are a one game only deal, ANd that aint too bad, so now someone cant be getting all your betting frequencies in MTT's which might help people on the brink but mgiht end getting blocked by people who know how the guy will bet in most situations.

Dont shoot the messenger but a few of the MTT's had decent but not overbearing amount of traffic. And if youre an MTT player, I think this might be a great option, as youll remember player 76 but after that game, you have to get new reads on oponents. BUT I can see collusion but Im a little naive and dont know how big rings are, would they put 20 people in 100 person MTT.

Ring Game, I need to know how many tables a person is playing and figure out if its a bot or a big time multi board reg who is very good (NOT A BOT) so I can see the concern in ring games, except (I dont think people should have access to my betting frequencies if they havent ever played with me before)

MAN ITS A SLIPEPRY SLOPE, I like some parts of the anonymous stuff but not others. Im probably gonna deposit though as I do like how the MTT's are set up, unlesss I find out otherwise

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What happens as the tourney progresses and players are eliminated? Does your number change when you're moved to a new table?
I was told (in email from Bodog support) that your assigned player number remains the same throughout the tournament.

And Becky, please address all of our concerns and questions if you are able. :)
ditto ^

I just read (on another forum) that a guy sat down on a cash table, won a bit, left the table & then immediately returned to same table & was able to buyin for the min.:confused:

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think youre number changes. If your player #30 and there are 120 registered its 1-120 and youd be #30 (i watched a few tables play this afternoon and numbers were all over the board at any given table) SO you can try to get notes on a player number for one game only. Thats why this might be better but Im not sure yet

YES PO you can do that, I wrote about that earleir, I doubled up left table, sat at another table within a minute with a min buy in not what I left the other table with, AHH I can bank that money away.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I dont think youre number changes. If your player #30 and there are 120 registered its 1-120 and youd be #30 < i just posted this above (i watched a few tables play this afternoon and numbers were all over the board at any given table) SO you can try to get notes on a player number for one game only. Thats why this might be better but Im not sure yet < how could this ever be 'better'? (better than typical note feature on the table & player names)

YES PO you can do that, I wrote about that earleir, I doubled up left table, sat at another table within a minute with a min buy in not what I left the other table with,.
Is there any site you can't do this ^ on?

ditto ^

I just read (on another forum) that a guy sat down on a cash table, won a bit, left the table & then immediately returned to same table & was able to buyin for the min.:confused:
Not sure why I'm even writing on Bodog thread tbh. I mean I've got zero intentions of playing on there ever again if they don't change things. I guess just a bit disgruntled... but shock is wearing off.

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada