dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bovada is on the Bodog Poker Network.
So it is, a bodog Network skin. It seems they're trying very hard to not advertise that fact, however -- no doubt due to the situation the USA. I get a feeling this whole thing is a shell game to try and look compliant so they can come back when the US gets regulated.

Fun fact. Why is your web address Bovada.lv?

We wanted to use a distinctive web address that would remind our players of Las Vegas, the number one gambling destination in the US. We believe .lv reflects that feeling of fun and entertainment our players have when they visit Las Vegas and it's our hope for them to have a similar experience when playing with Bovada.lv

lmao

That is pretty LOL. I'm sure it has nothing whatsoever to do with not hosting in the US or another country we have an extradition treaty or some trade agreement where we can easily shut them down.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Plenty of domains to choose from tho, lv is fun!

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bodog no longer operates in the US. They are now a European network operating under Bodog.uk and Bodog.eu, but how they're marketing their software (under the Bodog brand or independent skins) I don't know. Maybe some of our Euros, or Bodog Becky if she's still around, can answer.

Ok, let me try and explain: there are still a number of bodog licensed operators still in operation including Bodog.co.uk, Bodog.ca and Bodog88.com and there will be more to come. Visit BodogBrand.com for more detail on how this works.

Bovada.lv is part of the bodog poker Network so that explains the poker software.

Bovada.lv also uses the same technology as it did when it was branded as Bodog.eu/bodog.com, the owners simply rebranded the site when their license to use the bodog brand name expired. If you have more questions about Bovada I suggest that you give their CS a call!

Hope this helps,
Becky

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the official clarification, Becky.

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bovada.lv is part of the Bodog Poker Network so that explains the poker software.
Hope this helps,
Becky
So who is ultimately in charge of the software and how it operates?

jaxpaboo

jaxpaboo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bovada is on the Bodog Poker Network.

Fun fact. Why is your web address Bovada.lv?

We wanted to use a distinctive web address that would remind our players of Las Vegas, the number one gambling destination in the US. We believe .lv reflects that feeling of fun and entertainment our players have when they visit Las Vegas and it's our hope for them to have a similar experience when playing with Bovada.lv
lmao

Fun Fact #2. Why name it Bovada?

Bodog + Nevada = Bovada.

Bogas just doesn't have the same ring to it I guess?

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bodog Network is in charge of the poker software :)

Becky
So then why did it seem that every time someone had questions about why BoDog's software was such a pile of junk now that you tried to push them off on some other rep?

Or maybe I'm confused and need to re-read the thread.

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada