Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my opinion, when I play poker, I like to stay focused on my table to recognize my opponents better, pay attention to big blinds, and other things. Of course, I do it while listening to music or with a podcast playing in the background, but watching another screen while playing is not a good idea.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I particularly like to play poker, whether on any platform while watching a movie. Since it's generally a bit slow game, then a movie or series goes really well, so I don't even see the time going by.
I don't look anywhere but the tables I'm playing at. I try to play with concentration because the result will depend on it. And if I want to watch a movie, then I do the same, I never look anywhere but the screen, because I like to watch movies also very carefully, to catch all the little things.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I do not as a rule play in long tournaments. So I do one or the other never both at the same time.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i always multitask wben I am at the table, like always, if not listening music then something else.

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
While playing poker I like to be focus on poker and if I do other things I'm usually distracted. Many Times I did silly mistakes because I wasn't focused on poker.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes, while playing, I watch my favorite YouTube channels, but to be honest, I listen to them more than I watch them. As for movies, I wouldn't be able to watch them properly while playing poker. As a result, I simply would not have understood the meaning of the film and lost money in poker.

pundim

pundim

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Definitely not for me, even tough I get myself doing excatly this more often than I like

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
it's as good as running and peeing at the same time

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
I don't choose to watch movies, just listen to a little music is best

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually watch TV while I'm playing poker, but usually not a movie or anything that I need to pay attention. So, I frequently watch the news or some sports.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I do exactly that in most cases. Something is running on the TV and meanwhile the poker can be played. Thanks to this, there are films from which I know entire dialogues by heart. Of course, this only works for 1-2 tables at the hobby level.
^All this. I typically have TSN(sports fan here) on or old good movies. Mostly just for back ground noise. I find it still find it pretty easy to pay attention to poker while listening to TV.

Cheers!!!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you want to make money playing poker, I think watching movies will distract you and you won't know your opponents, but by playing with a strong hand, you won't be able to win the game because you have to bluff and know how your opponent plays just wait for a strong hand it will be boring and it's hard to win an entire tournament watching a movie, of course, it's boring just looking at a poker screen, but this is the poker game and its rules

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tables are slow, but you can play in more than one of you get bored. Watching a movie doesn't work for me, it just gets too much of my attention and I prefer to focus on the game.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch tv only when some sport competitions are played, football or tennis. So if they are in the same time i watch tv while playing poker however i like focus on the game and don't watch tv too often.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
ii also do it , that way i do not get bored . watching a good movie makes me feel better while i play poker , also if i listen to music while i play poker .

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its actually not bad to watch a movie when playing, kind of keeps me relaxed. But at high pressure moments I definently dont watch the movie at the same time as playing. Final table for example.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I particularly like to play poker, whether on any platform while watching a movie. Since it's generally a bit slow game, then a movie or series goes really well, so I don't even see the time going by.
It really depends on what your goals are.
It sounds like you have a set strategy which you apply to your game.
I suspect your game is quite straight-forward. Not too shovey. But aggressive when you hit.

I too sometiomes use tactics such as cooking, cleaning, listening to audiobooks whilst I play to prevent me from getting bored and playing hands I shouldn't.

But that is not really an "improving" strategy.

If you really want to play better poker, you need to be paying sufficient attention to each player to identify their weaknesses. Whether loose or tight, they are exploitable. But if your mind is on a film, it isn't going to notice who is doing what. You'll just see positions and bets.

If you play a lot of one type of poker/one stake level/one game type, you can amass a lot of intel on that game's regular players. This can save you a lot of chips by recognising who the nits are and get you a lot of chips by recognising who the fish are.

In the end, I've decided to be a bit more of a casual player. Sure, I still play more games per day than many, but I'm no longer dreaming of going pro. I realise I'm just too loose to make it. So I'm quite ahppy to keep half my brain occupied on other things when playing some times.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
To easy to miss the little the things/reads that matter in a hand. I only use tv/moves/music as background noise. If a movie of TV show is on it's an older good movie or show I've seen many many times. Diehard, Tombstone, Braveheart, JFK and Fear and Loathing in Vegas or anyone of 100+ movies or shows. I'm not watching though......I'm listening. I'm always watching the tables and villains.

Keep your eye's always on the table or you're costing yourself money and missing the little things, information and tells that are important.

Cheers!!!

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also often play like this, but this only proves that for me poker is more of a hobby, because you can’t fully concentrate on the game.

LordMan

LordMan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
When I play poker I can't watch a movie because I lose the quality of my game.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I play and watch tv simultaneously every day. Only poker is too boring.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I can't play and do any other activity, I usually play in more than one tournament and it is difficult to concentrate, that's my opinion