duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I preffer to play chess while playing poker. It drains a little of my focus (just like watching a movie) but I feel like chess puts me in the right mindset and makes me think faster.

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play and watch tv simultaneously every day. Only poker is too boring.
I get that, one table can be a bit boring for me two. That's why I usually play at least 2 tables at once.

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's nice to have something to distract while playing!

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Every now and then, when I'm only on 1 screen, I tend to watch a series or movie to distract myself a little.

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
dont think that it is a good idea, because you always have to think who was active before me when a raise or bet happened, this makes it more difficult to analyse your villains! i prefer good music and not too loud this can be a good thing to be in the right mood for poker session!

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I do that all the time , and believe me or not I win a lot of times the tournament.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Based on what you're saying, I don't think you'll have problems playing your cards the way you see fit, so I doubt you'll feel the difference. However, I believe the problem arises from not paying attention to others and the table itself. Perhaps you won't make mistakes, but it will be harder for you to identify any characteristics in your opponents.
At least that's how I see it.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to stay focus on poker and not be engaged in other activities

G

gzchbbf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I play poker doing another things, watching series, movies and playing others fps games.
But I think while I am doing that I can't focus in anything. I only win in poker when I concentrate only in poker tables.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on how big the stakes are in the game!

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
When i play long tournamnet i watch anime or listen music. Thats for relax when i have bad cards and less stress

V

Viking26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If the movie is bad/boring your game will be better.. If the movie is interesting/catches your attention probably you will lose😀

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I'm not playing, because I don't remember much about the movie)

Rosylly

Rosylly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I can't imagine how people can play poker online without listening to music or watching something, unless they have to be super-concentrated multitabling or playing an important tournament, final table, etc.

I'm sure that having a good music playlist can help a lot, while headbanging to black metal would be bad for your stake, no doubt.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.
I can hear music during the game. But watching movies is too hard for me. Maybe i just don't have enough strong attention. But i understand that my play can't be normal in this case.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually do it when im only playing one table but if im playing multi table i usually listen to a podcast

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Honestly? Anything you do other that poker is going to have a detrimental effect on your decision making. It is scientifically proven that the human mind is not truly capable of multi-tasking; even the smallest distraction will lead to drop off in performance.

If you get bored playing poker, try adding an extra table or two. Although this is still a form of multitasking, it is the same problem on the same screen.

KissMyAceZtUa

KissMyAceZtUa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I'm always listening relax music, it's really helpful for me

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, watching a movie or listening to music. That's when the game is uninteresting or attractive.

TruthFruit

TruthFruit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I TRY not to do it. When I play, I want to pay really close attention to how my opponents are playing, even when I'm not in a hand. It can give me useful information for later hands where I am involved. However, I confess it's not always easy. Lately, I've started listening to podcast while playing. You still get a distraction, but your eyes stay focused on the game

H

husky227

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I always have the same dilemma 😅 the game is a bit slow, but it's too fast for a movie 🤣

ficticius

ficticius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
No, it's never a poker player's biggest horror. At the tables you have to be hyper focused

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
No, when I play i like to keep focus, dime times I put music.

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sometimes I like to have a movie on in the background. Do I concentrate on the movie all the time, no.

Depends how many tables I am playing but always prefer to have something playing in the background as I can't bear sitting in silence.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I like to listen to deep house while playing poker at three sit n go turbo tables at the same time,its great.