Play poker while watching a movie

R

rech294

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I particularly like to play poker, whether on any platform while watching a movie. Since it's generally a bit slow game, then a movie or series goes really well, so I don't even see the time going by.

UngureanuDan

UngureanuDan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think for better focus is not a good idea, listening to music could be better in my opinion. But i think some people can do more tasks and focus everywhere.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it is something I often do as well. Sometimes maybe for background noise, but more often than not, to ease the boredom of poker.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, watching tv. I do find the time banks are too long on most sites, really slows the game down.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I particularly like to play poker, whether on any platform while watching a movie. Since it's generally a bit slow game, then a movie or series goes really well, so I don't even see the time going by.
You have to be able to do both things at the same time, but I prefer to play focused and pay as much attention as possible to what the players are doing at the table, even when they are out of the hand, I think that any distraction can lead you to miss out on good decision making.

Luckybvby777

Luckybvby777

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
AW
Chips
I just play in silence until the game is over but there is nothing wrong with having a little background noise to balance time.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I am a person who loves to watch movies and series. In this case the answer is no. When I play poker I can't watch a movie because I lose the quality of my game. And I would also miss the movie that I don't like either.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
How well can you refocus? For me it's best to pay attention and focus on my game and play.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I also get annoyed by long tournaments and I can either listen to music at the time or watch videos on YouTube.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I enjoy watching movies sometimes when playing online. If I need to give extra concentration to the game? Well that is what the pause buttons are for. :) At least for me, if I concentrate on any single thing constantly it tires my mind.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ll definitely multi task so I can feel productive

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
While playing I can either listen to music or listen to the news. I can't imagine how you can watch, just watch a movie and play poker, because you simply don't see how your opponents play. I usually play more than two tables, three or even four, so there is no time left to watch, only to listen :)

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Add tables instead if you are a serious player.

If you just want to relax and/or have fun: do whatever you want but don't expect to get better or earn more money.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, this is not a very serious relation to the game :)
It is better to play with concentration and follow the actions of your opponents, but if for you poker is entertainment and your results and money are not of fundamental importance to you, then I think it is not a problem. A few years ago, I read a post by one of our members who proudly boasted that he plays poker while driving...

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
بFor me, I prefer listening to music on television, as it may distract me

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I do this too, but only when there is only one screen left for me to play, if I have at least 2 screens open then I no longer watch anything and only pay attention to the game

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not think it's a good idea. Poker requires focus. Watching movies for me also requires focus. Generally, both experiences will be impaired. I prefer something that only requires my hearing. I usually listen to music and sometimes analysis/news about the cryptocurrency market.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes it´s good idea to watch something on side cause sometimes so slow tables

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The scale of its influence is very large, but the main property of films is the ability to change a person’s mood.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can sometimes play in parallel with watching a movie, as well as watching various TV shows.

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
watching while playing is distracting but i tend to do it when i'm bored

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I do exactly that in most cases. Something is running on the TV and meanwhile the poker can be played. Thanks to this, there are films from which I know entire dialogues by heart. Of course, this only works for 1-2 tables at the hobby level.