Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shalimarclown

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
oh and if you ride out the first wave of slot machine players then you'll find the competition isn't too tough.

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
I have a decent track record in them. Once the rebuy period is over usually after the 1st hour the play calms down a lot

Salvete777

Salvete777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are very good. I started play poker only in them and got experience to real money games...
I think freerolls are the best way to start play poker.

O

OgelSplash

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I binked a $250 freeroll to win $20 at FTP, after thrashing 8,000 players. It's great fun, and also allows me to fine-tune (read: fiddle) with my HUD - which is helpful as I can see how my play-style should adapt to the other players at the table. My decision making has also improved somewhat, and I think that if you make the right plays you will typically avoid the suck-outs a bit more. I folded KK after someone shoved on the flop (very wet board), and they turned a nut flush vs. two callers. I was so happy at that point, yet still busted as blinds grew - got to 11BB, shoved with broadway and got sucked out. Still good fun.

I

illy93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can see your self in freerolls how can you be calm and if you are able to play 5 hours for 1 $ your ready for more.

skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if your gonna play freerolls, try to get into private freerolls. Dont go around asking for passwords like you see alot of people do, but just look around the lobbies..or sign up for promos.

M

mycophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally love, love freerolls. There's nothing better than potentially pure profit without having to risk any of your own money. The first 10ish minutes are often all-in maniacs, but eh, that's just something you get used to.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This morning i came from work... Was very tired and i dont know why the **** i did turn on pokerstars... I open 2 x 5nl zoom and 100k freeroll,i played like 4 hands all winning double/triple ups... Than it was break,i was like 26th place but went to bed,when i woke up i saw that i finish 245th :) dunno what was prize but it was small.... If i didnt go to bed who knows what would happen there...

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't wait to start playing in the CC'a freerolls and more once I get my laptop back Tuesday :)

See you there than!

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

kolecgoclaw

kolecgoclaw

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i chceck many pokerrooms and...
if u wonts there is few option to build a bankroll
on intertrops we have freerolls 500$ to share (2 -3 times a week) (1pl 80$) max players 800.
on paradisepoker - i play 100$ freerolls (dont won but win 27c and later play JUMBOPOKER - cost 10c and u can win 188$ (i was 4 and win 49.50$)
plus freerolls on 32redpoker,888 - but many people play
if u want u can build ur bankroll - now i have more like 100$ - spend only 20c. :))))
if u want u can !!!!

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like freerolls, because I don't want to deposit and I am always winning in some freerolls to have some money. I have learned a lot about poker due to freerolls. I have learned how to play big tournements. Especially the privat freerolls like cardschat are interesting. There are not many players and you can win easily money.

kolecgoclaw

kolecgoclaw

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
win easlily money.... hehe

today i play this jumbopokr freeroll - played a total of 450 people, has 50 people, my position 13 and I. .. I wrong move - I lost everything :)) never wins easily - you have to have some luck

but 4 sure is fun pay10 cents and win $ 188

kidpoker324

kidpoker324

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are great way to build up your bankroll, especially private freerolls because of the number of participants . Early stages of the tournament you can really wait for people dump their chips of to you and try to see as many flops as you can as cheaply as possible, because you can really hit a big pay off

kolecgoclaw

kolecgoclaw

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is good to play in the freeroll ...
certainly raises your skills, teaches patience :) it is difficult to move 1 faze when everyone plays allin, but then it's a lot easier. when the game has been prudent, you can start earning a little money. slowly, slowly accumulates your bankroll is. I only have the free tournaments around $ 30. not crazy about the freeroll, certainly when you deposit money, you have a greater chance of a quick profit, but here you can build a free bankroll. It certainly takes more time ...

C

ChipsOwnerRO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are good because you can win money without a buy-in, but the big number of players is annoying. If you are a beginner it is a good way to learn something about poker even if the players doesn't care about their chips choosing the all-in option in every situation. The private freerolls are better, because you have to play against one,two,three hundreds of players, not against thousands, you don't waste your time playing in these types of tournament and you have more chances to be the winner.

D

dannywho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls can be fun, later stages of a fr sort of resemble real poker, you have to be so lucky to win, lots of flips and suckouts

B

brokenlung911

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are great if you don't let the donks get to you and focus on your game

glades7777777

glades7777777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been taking advantage of freerolls almost every night. It takes a while to get into the money but generally the people playing are playing extremely loose do to the fact that they have nothing to lose, making it much easier to cash in than in a buy-in situation. While these are good practice to get the bearings for what to do and when in poker, it is also important to factor in that these players are not playing their best and that when you start to play with real money, the opponents will be tougher and thinking harder and smarter. As long as you keep that in mind you should be fine and I say go for it and maybe make some money without risking any of yours!:D

S

Sakeus Tyree

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with Akorps, sometimes best to double up early on so that you have a good start as you might be playing for a few hours and its much easier to dominant with a big stack relative to your table. Keep an eye on your stack to make sure you've got enough to stay in the game, but don't panic (watch the blinds) if you are running out of chips just pick a good hand & go all in and suddenly you can be right back up there (especially when the blinds are big / antes come into play) It can come down to All in calls as you reach the meat of the tournament and if your lucky you can climb right up to the top places in the matter of a few hands or get bad beat and go out altogether. Sooner or later you get lucky and I doubled my bank roll thanks to freerolls. Another bonus is where you have lots of players who registered but are sitting out (sometimes only 3 out of 9 active on the table) if you get lucky & have position on the other players who are in the game you can really cash in and gather a huge stack early on.

B

bluejay2220

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are great fun. Personally enjoy playing them. Tournaments that you pay are fun too, but with freerolls there are no risks, and you get to play in the style people play when money is involved over play money.

H

hardin

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are great. First, they are free so there is no risk. Secondly, they are a good, cheap learning tool. The only thing they cost you is your time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.