Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Boriska797

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is perfect when they are free of charge and there is a chance to earn money. I always play and wait them! Play and to you when нибудь will drive!

T0mmmi

T0mmmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good practice with possible winning of few bucks

I would say that freerolls are good practice for beginners as you have to be patient to play premium cards only. This teaches o lot of how to play ABC poker and will be good to know in future when the stakes will be higher. On the other side of the coin is that there are too many loose and aggressive players and more of bingo one who go AI with any 2 cards. And even when you finally get hand like KK or AA you might lose to some crazy AI Bingo player who gets lucky.....this needs to be taken into account when thinking about playing freerolls. ANd the most important is that they usually take a lot of time ..so be ready for spending few hours and might end up on bubble anyway. SO Good Luck !

Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are good if you have no money. Freerolls are bad if you want to be a better poker player, you should be playing real money games if you want to grow as a poker player.

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think freerolls are good before deposit. To check your skills

D

decolar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I thing freerolls is very good because you can win $ or just play for fun you can training or something....

GGC2912

GGC2912

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take freerolls to be a very good opportunity to play all hands and get a feel of what range of hands I would always play and what range of hands I might play depending on position and what range am I gonna fold irrespective of position.

There may be a generic list of the range of hands one should play/fold.
But personal understanding, preference and comfort counts way more than just a list, so freerolls are like the practice ring before the formal match :D

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take freerolls to be a very good opportunity to play all hands and get a feel of what range of hands I would always play and what range of hands I might play depending on position and what range am I gonna fold irrespective of position.

There may be a generic list of the range of hands one should play/fold.
But personal understanding, preference and comfort counts way more than just a list, so freerolls are like the practice ring before the formal match :D

You would think so, but surprisingly, most don't look at them that way.

You HAVE to understand freerolls and how and what is played by whom. If you don't you will have no clue how to deal with freeroll folks who start showing up in real money games. There are many around the poker world who poo poo freerolls and play money poker. I am absolutely sure many of them want you to go straight to real money cash ring games where they will clean your pants of everything in them.....including YOU!

Take freerolls, and play money poker for what they are...cheap diversions from your hectic life.

If you are one of those sharks who take advantage of noobs, ask yourself this.."Did you provide your fishies with enough food to come back, or did you eat them alive, making dead fish who will never return?" Did you make it fun enough, via banter or chit chat, to hook them so they will come back for an enjoyable time?

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are always good. some people keep their same style of play some mix it up. Its good practice for a longer tournament compared to a SNG. plus it free lol

M

madmonster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
is there any way since I have a credit card it only works in usa but can transfer fund to a player in the usa and I get some funds added to my account if anyone has card that works internationaly kinda like a third party it would be very helpful for those that have a hard time using there card that doesn't work internationally

developer716

developer716

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
мне кажется, для начала лучше сразу на деньги. хотя профессионалы оказались более чем один раз, что на нее можно подняться и из бесплатных турниров)))

interesting to read but I have a friend started with the school poker stars pass the test pass on the tournament title at the tournament first 20 dollars then bought a ticket for $ 10, and eventually won almost $ 750 but then he did not play in the tournament and went cash game and is now playing on the limits 1/2 dollar earns order more than 2000 thousand a month and enough ) that's such a funny story but most importantly it's not a fairy tale )

developer716

developer716

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are always good. some people keep their same style of play some mix it up. Its good practice for a longer tournament compared to a SNG. plus it free lol

I agree that the Freeroll is quite good practice in poker where, as not in a Freeroll, you can practice the game )

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you dont learn to play poker in freerolls but its an oportunity to built a bankroll without depositing

knileh

knileh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donk chips!

you dont learn to play poker in freerolls but its an oportunity to built a bankroll without depositing

You learn to take down donks, which can give you the chip lead. Donk chips are worth just as much as your chips. :eek:

tina_tina

tina_tina

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are perfect for practice

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First you must tell what u want get.
Cash or skills? Maybe cash and skills?

if you are patient freerolls are Ok. If not and you are only angry go outside walk for a while and come back and keep calm.

N

Niantic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So my question is are freeroll's good or bad for me? Should I avoid them or take advantage of them? And do you think privately held freeroll's are any different? By privately held I mean Cards Chat freerolls, pokerowned freeroll's, etc. Thanks in advance as always!
As steffdbird said:
Free rolls are good practice don't fall into playing like a donk trap though you may cash a few freerolls but you will find normal games harder.
I find this the most useful answer. I also think it depends on what freerolls you're playing and what your goal is.
There's a freeroll on pokerstars that many people don't see as important, at least if you look at how they play it.

This freeroll is, or can be, one of the most important to you, depending on your goal. So the only one who knows which freerolls are good for you is yourself.
This is my point of view, and many probably don't agree..

I tend to tilt sometimes.. I use some freerolls to "flush it out" and get the tilt out of my system, so I don't see all freerolls as being important to play well in :)

:cheers:

B

BlakeBrown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the worst case scenario in a freeroll? You don't make any money! So that shouldn't be too big of a deal... They are usually fun and filled with bad players, a lot of maniacs... I will continue playing freerolls until my bankroll is big enough that they are not worth my time :)

E

EasyD2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its a kind of tournament when u see decent players, less donkeys, and u need always be carefull and let two-three times to depends of luck

N

Niantic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its a kind of tournament when u see decent players, less donkeys, and u need always be carefull and let two-three times to depends of luck
Sure, there's decent players in freerolls, no doubt about that. But less donkeys?? Really?
I'd say there's a whole lot of them in freerolls.. And to me, they're usually the lucky ones who can win with just about any two cards - at least if they play against me :D

strodawg

strodawg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe freerolls are great because like everyone else says you gain experience hands on without loosing a dime. It is extremely hard to grow a bankroll with the winnings but definitely knowledgeable. I can't to be involved in Cardschat freerolls because they give away the best value freerolls which is 100 dollar prize pool instead of 20 and 50 like pokerowned or the site freerolls on BCP, ACR, and carbon ect. I wish you luck and hope to play with you on the tables soon.

punctual

punctual

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find freerolls with large fields of players to be more challenging than some real money games. At least in the real money games I can cash pretty regularly. In some freerolls, i feel like it is HOPELESS...lol

But then again, I may not be employing a proper strategy with such a large field. I suppose this is why being able to "switch gears" is so important in poker

Martinez

Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many forums around and many books and videos that teach you how to play poker. One thing I read early on in my career is note taking.
I have found that playing freerolls is a good way to start taking notes on players. I know this sounds a bit strange, but if or when you start to play real money tourney games, you may come accross some of the players you met at the start of your poker career on freerolls.
Any edge you have on an opponent is better than no edge at all..

B

bloodspila

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the freeroll for me.. The bigger open freerolls I play very loose and try to double up quick. The smaller private one you play more tight ABC poker. it all depends on your personal style though.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So my question is are freeroll's good or bad for me? Should I avoid them or take advantage of them? And do you think privately held freeroll's are any different? By privately held I mean Cards Chat freerolls, pokerowned freeroll's, etc. Thanks in advance as always!

freerolls suck... if you can deposit do so and save yourself of husle and losing nerves with people shoving A8o vs your KK...

regular freerolls have like 70% of russian donks in them,and they will shove any 2 cards... and win...

private freerolls are with a bit less donks,but they are still in there...

if you have a roll play FR for fun,if you dont have roll deposit !

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gonna have to say freerolls are good...you just need to convince yourself it's free money...I have not once deposited on Carbon and have ran up a decent roll...I play the Pokerowned freerolls often and there are the donks who don't care but many serious players in them....personally in the CC freerolls pretty much everyone takes them serious so it's no huge donkfest....however the Pokerowned ones can be a grind for little cash unless u make the top 2....the private ones are much better than the public freerolls out in the open I must say...the ones Carbon got rid of...greedy bastids lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.