Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lost2qandisa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like freerolls but I do think they can hurt your gameplay if you let it. People are much quicker to shove with marginal hands at best. Many times you have to shove a hand you normally would not. A hand like JJ is not a shove for me preflop. I play it very conservative. However, in a freeroll, a may call an all in with it if the person that is shoving has been doing so a lot. I think freerolls can create bad habits if you let them.

P

peowulf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you treat them like normal tournaments and you have the time you can gain experience and some prizes as well. Forget that you didn't pay an entry fee and try to play your best. You are investing your time after all.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel the best strategy in freerolls is to try to double up early. If you lose no big deal. You wasted a few mins. If you manage to double or triple up, then you're going deep unless you screw up.

I just lost in 20 minutes. Flopped a set of 6 but the guy hit top pair jacks, then runner runner flush. No regrets. Couldn't have played that differently. He just got lucky after the chips went in the middle. But I feel alot better about this than if I had sat around playing nitty for an hr only to end up with nothing.

zipper2000

zipper2000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So my question is are freeroll's good or bad for me? Should I avoid them or take advantage of them? And do you think privately held freeroll's are any different? By privately held I mean Cards Chat freerolls, pokerowned freeroll's, etc. Thanks in advance as always!

So, anytime freerolls is a good chance to practice in poker and win your first bankroll for free. Sure, you can make deposit, then second, or make your own money from nothing. I think that private tourneys more comfortable, less people more chance faster build and boost you bankroll.

Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can experiment in freerolls, then modify your style in some ways, as found necessary, when you move up.

Freerolls can cover your losses at microstakes level, which essentially gives you a chance to move up to microstakes for free.

Cardschat freerolls are the best currently.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, anytime freerolls is a good chance to practice in poker and win your first bankroll for free. Sure, you can make deposit, then second, or make your own money from nothing. I think that private tourneys more comfortable, less people more chance faster build and boost you bankroll.

In freerolls with a lot of muthereffing donks, whether you win or not depends on luck.

You get some hands and make some decent hands, you will cash. If your AK or QQ type hands don't hold up, you're out early.

developer716

developer716

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Talk about poker stars now play a lot more people in poker than you will say, ten years ago,and just because of this many not experienced players entering the tournament, and without realizing make the all-in fact raise and it becomes much more difficult to participate in tournaments-Freeroll and if you can then only in the middle of a tournament, you can stay and грать with more experienced opponents and where you have a chance!:))) Play but don't take no chance at the beginning )

redwhitealex

redwhitealex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it seems to me to begin better at once on money. though professionals proved more than once that it is possible to rise and from free tournaments)))

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Open and private freerolls are a very good way to increase bankroll without possibility of loosing money invested in buy in. Private freerolls are a bit easier to cash in. Problem is that they can hurt your gameplay and create bad habit because player is not bounded with invested funds and much easier go allin with marginal hands.
Personally I like to play few freerols in a time because it is a great time investment for a small prize.

Diogo Jorge

Diogo Jorge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm very suspicious because i love freerolls, but in my opinion, the freerolls are very important to you get knowledge sbout poker and how to play in the massive fields. You need to be too patient, because you can run deep too much time and then you can win nothing, if you do some bad moves. It is good to control your feelings during the game, and however you can be able to win some pennys without paying nothing, or even to win some nice step tickets for others important tournments.
It is a nice challenge to you, as well, build your bank without depositing.
If you do a good search you can find nice freerolls everyday.

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on what you want from playing poker. I started out playing freerolls and ground out a bankroll doing them. Once i started playing cash games though , I wish that i'd just started playing cash games and found some strategy sites as the freerolls had given me a LOT of bad habits and misconceptions that then too k time to unlearn.I never deposited and ama bnet winner having started at freerolls, in terms of learning to play good poker though , the large field tournaments are terrible though.

T

terryg642

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls good or bad

There are two types of free rolls public and private.
public freerolls:
Yes,definitely free rolls are great for beginning players .It gets you use to the speed of the online world you learn to read the board quicker get use to the software ,and once you get past the early donk stages there's actually some good poker.
private free rolls ;
usually,these are higher quality but,you have do a little something for them,I play in one freeroll every week that is 500 dollars,200 to the top winner absolutely free,I play on one private freeroll were people are so nice I find it hard to play against them it's like high school reunion poker.

CrockPot

CrockPot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are two types of free rolls public and private.
public freerolls:
Yes,definitely free rolls are great for beginning players .It gets you use to the speed of the online world you learn to read the board quicker get use to the software ,and once you get past the early donk stages there's actually some good poker.
private free rolls ;
usually,these are higher quality but,you have do a little something for them,I play in one freeroll every week that is 500 dollars,200 to the top winner absolutely free,I play on one private freeroll were people are so nice I find it hard to play against them it's like high school reunion poker.
If you don't mind me asking what freeroll is it that you play for $500? And is it possible that I could get in on this freeroll? Thanks in advance!

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You should lurk a bit on this site, we have one FR like that but only 3 of them left...
;)

CrockPot

CrockPot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should lurk a bit on this site, we have one FR like that but only 3 of them left...
;)
Yea, I plan on playing in the one on BCP as well as joining the freeroll club on the 19th, when I'll be eligible.

R

racorel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
clearly are good .... you can get risk-free gains in your pocket .... I took $ 227 from a freeroll

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have done all right at freerolls because I don't play them the same way I would play games where I have invested my own money. Your opponents have nothing to lose but their time. If you concentrate on building and protecting your chip count, you can actually play real poker after the eighth level. I don't think that winning at freerolls will add anything to your poker resume.

B

bozichka05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well they are free but full of players which will go all in with 72 ... You need strong nerves

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well they are free but full of players which will go all in with 72 ... You need strong nerves

thats what notes are for ...if you see them stacking off with crap cards make a note and proft later in that tournament or at a later date.If thy are doing that , they will never improve.

Diogo Jorge

Diogo Jorge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wait for the best opportunity to engage dude. You need to be calm. If you get angry you won't choose the best time to..

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can't deal with the terrible play you find in public freerolls, you will NEVER EVER be a good poker player. If that terrible play just bugs the living shit out of you then you need to play more of them until it just doesn't matter to you anymore and you have figured out how to exploit it.

Our private freerolls play tuffer/better than $100 buy-in tourneys. Online or live. Every now and then we get some noob who thinks he's got us figured out. Muahahahaha

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cardschat freerols are awesome.

Many other freerolls are not awesome. If the only money you have on a site is from freerolls, know that you typically have to make a deposit and earn a certain amount of rake before they will let you cash out any of the money.

R

racorel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cardschat freerols are awesome.
...hope so I have not played:))))As generally freeroll....I think they are good because you can make a bankroll without deposit and lose money from your pocket.

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you are patient Freerolls are a great way to build a bankroll

P

Pandaaaaa88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why not? If you have time and have not what to do - play.
Free is always good
true

Status
Not open for further replies.