Does music improve your game?

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say it depends. Having not really thought about it before, I would say music definitely can influence you're mood, so it stands to reason that whatever mood the music has put you in while playing, will then have an influence on your play. The question is, did that influence on your mood lead to a better decision in the moment, or a worse one. So, yeah, I'd say it depends.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really! It helps in the way weed helps :) which isnt really helping but helping you relax I guess, but not helping your game, as an overall judgement

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For better poker players....It is a game of concentration. Music in my world reduces concentration. But that could certainly be different for others

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I like to listen to music sometimes when I play poker because it relaxes me. However if I listen to upbeat music it tends to make me play a little reckless.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I like to listen to music sometimes when I play poker because it relaxes me. However if I listen to upbeat music it tends to make me play a little reckless.

hahaha same here. guess its always a situation thing...

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to math rock: TOOL, prog of any kind, and then hard rock when I need to push the action.

K

katsbrasil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
katsbrasil

music is part of the noise that is present on all sides and also makes an emotive gem to play for sure improves

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Music can change your rhythm at times and can be leveraged to improve your play but at other times can become a distraction that takes some concentration away from your game. Everything seems to run in streaks, music all the time or music none of the time ....

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to listen to music, but something that is calm and soothing

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think improve is not the word you know, but sometimes could be good you listen to music that you like more like a kind of distraction and relax

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music can change your rhythm at times and can be leveraged to improve your play but at other times can become a distraction that takes some concentration away from your game. Everything seems to run in streaks, music all the time or music none of the time ....

This is how I feel about music. If I am single tabling and not getting any hands I might put on some music.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now often I just turn on the radio so that there is some kind of background for hearing and a sense of the presence of someone else
or I can include an e-book of some author from professional players that is voiced in my language
lately include Phil Gordon's little green book
or Nathan Williams about microlimits

T

Tylerstevenson1919

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

Yes it does I love to listen to music and play, it makes me focus

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything that removes focus is unwise. Music is great for parties and driving

Rico Calde

Rico Calde

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try listening to binuaral beats for concentration

L

lusquinha2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yess i love listening to music while grinding, you should try some

K

katsbrasil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
katsbrasil

without a doubt improves and always very good to listen to music

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer listening to music that relaxes me, I don't always use it, but it has given me good results.

I haven't actually tried it, I think I might give it a go - especially when I'm on a losing streak: some soothing music might help the temptation to tilt, lol! :p

Seriously, I really will try it...

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I have tried all types of music. Mozart works best for me.

This also is good, making impulsive decisions kills my hands quick, each hard decision, I concentrate on this music for a few seconds and it calms down my impulsiveness.:)

Last edited:
10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your game must be ready, the music will not influence your game, only the music is to relax you and not be stressed, but it will not influence your game or strategies that you want to develop much, I like to listen to electronic music, I love music, that relaxes hahaha.

dylangarcia3

dylangarcia3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, it helps you to stay calm and be careful

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't believe music can "improve" your game. But for sure it can change your state of spirit, which can be very useful if you are looking for some specific emotion.

To be fair, emotion is not a good thing when it comes to play poker in a serious way. But tell this for Will Kassouf or Scotty Nguyen.

Some guys play a different kind of poker.

For me, I like to grind sometimes listening to music, but only when I'm really confident in my skills, like when I play mixed games or when I play like a rockstar freak.

M

marcoslopezbl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe music has the capacity to influence our mental state and as such should be definitely taken into account when we play. I sometimes find it useful to tweak my playlists according to my contextual needs. If I'm playing too loose, I'll play some classical piano or progressive metal to help me get back to focus. If I'm playing too tight, I'll turn to 80s or 90s classics. I feel that music can connect you with certain stages of your life and that the benefits of resorting to emotional memory cannot be dismissed.

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music in poker

Hi how are you doing? Occasionally I like to play listening to music, sometimes you have to fold a lot and the music makes it bearable. I think it is not something that affects the game unless it draws your attention a lot. In my case I do not listen to a particular genre, I have days and I am changing, greetings.:flute:

Top 10 Games