Does music improve your game?

T

TheDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually feel most relaxed and in the zone when listening to the right music. Everyone has their own "right" music.

Copag

Copag

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, music relaxes a little, makes me a little more focused and excited depending on the music, but I don't always play with music sometimes I like to leave it without it.

noLatenzy

noLatenzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use music to play poker, it helps me a lot, but when I study I don't listen to music because it bothers me.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think music improves my gameplay.

Anyway, I like to listen to rock n' roll while I'm playing poker.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always listen to music when I play. She helps me relax and enjoy the game.

K

kaktus56rus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kaktus

I listen to epic music when I play poker it helps me focus

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this an interesting topic. I have actually never listened to music while playing although i do read (alot of times about poker).
I then recalled seeing Phil Ivey wearing headphones while playing and did a quick google and the following article came up.

https://zumic.com/getting-into-the-...rs-listen-to-music-and-what-do-they-listen-to

Thanks for the article, very interesting. I become lethargic if I remain in one spot too long, like more than twenty minutes. At home I can get up and walk around, keep the blood and adrenaline flowing. Doubt I'd be able to do much of that in something like a World Series Poker Tournament.

I tend to de-focus my surroundings while playing. My wife likes watching TV during the day, thanks mostly to the Covid-19 stay ay home orders. She plays it loud, and I don't mind. It doesn't appear to affect my play.

Maybe, I should experiment with headphones and listen to music while I play. Might help to keep me from having to move around so much. But I doubt it.

Thanks again for the article.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always listen to music when I listen to poker it helps me focus better.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music changes the feeling & makes us relaxed.
But, music & playing poker are not fundamentally related.
It means that good hands don´t come by listenning to music.
I feel that it´s needless to play well if I´m concentrating well.

But, I wanna watch Youtube when I can´t play well to change my mind.
It´s all function to listen to music.

jeanpierre1279

jeanpierre1279

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like music to lessen my anxiety about not playing marginal hands in situations that are not relevant.

But if I'm playing my A-game I like to be without music because I also have concentration problems and as I really like music this can have the opposite effect sometimes.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think music improves the game play you have to be focus at tables. GL

Detr1st

Detr1st

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music improves your mood

I wouldn't say that music improves my gaming skills. Sometimes it can interfere with playing at all, but also often I listen to music while playing poker, and it improves my mood and dispels the melancholy

M

MoneyMaker4i

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever I'm playing poker I'm listening to good music, it's not that it improves my game, but it makes me play better, calmer and without risking hands unnecessarily. It just sends my anxiety away.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It does not improve it, but it makes the sessions more enjoyable and fun.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, I'm crazy about atmospheric calm music from the styles of lo-fi, chillout, future garage and the like. It has few words and a greater emphasis on the melodic component than the lyrics. Since there are many different handwritings by different authors, this music is very diverse and does not bother after a few hours of listening. However, I’m afraid I can get used to it so much that later I have to carry headphones with me to live events :D

georgel2384

georgel2384

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music relaxes me in important moments

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the article, very interesting. I become lethargic if I remain in one spot too long, like more than twenty minutes. At home I can get up and walk around, keep the blood and adrenaline flowing. Doubt I'd be able to do much of that in something like a World Series Poker Tournament.

I tend to de-focus my surroundings while playing. My wife likes watching TV during the day, thanks mostly to the Covid-19 stay ay home orders. She plays it loud, and I don't mind. It doesn't appear to affect my play.

Maybe, I should experiment with headphones and listen to music while I play. Might help to keep me from having to move around so much. But I doubt it.

Thanks again for the article.

Hi Hsac,
I think Im going to try the same thing. Daniel Negreanu says he listens to relaxing music, like water flowing and birds chirping. I certainly think its worth a try. I'll report back to you on how it goes.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Music

Frankly, music does not always help the game. Sometimes it even bothers. I listen to music when I have a deep stack in a tournament. I prefer to listen to latin american music. She's relaxing. I recommend to all.

L

Luckygirl401

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to listen to music e
when I am playng poker

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have 2 options, when relaxing hear some metal while playing 1 or 2 tables...
more i Switch to European House from 250bps

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music

I would say it depends on the type of music. Something relaxing would help me. Classical music is supposed to be good for the mind. I would not like to listen to something too upbeat while at the table in a big moment.

brunonick269

brunonick269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NEVER!! concentration and focus is what I need, I love music, play guitar and harmonica, but time to play is time to play, time to poker is time to poker

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
May be many players need music,but I m a pure musical invalid . Music dosent improve my game.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not sure about improve but it sure don't hurt it any and it may even reduce the stress of losing when that happens lol, Well i'm off to play the cc 100 daily good luck too all see you at the tables :D

The Riff_Raff :cool:

Top 10 Games