Chess and poker

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me in chess as long as you do not make mistakes and you realize all the possible games that your opponent can do.

instead in poker due to the chance share that you have as a game of chance you can lose even knowing the game your opponent has or how he plays.

in chess you know what moves your opponent can make according to your play, but in poker you can not know which card will come out and that is what a game of chance does, therefore for me in poker you need more skills than in chess,

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think chess develops logical thinking that helps the game of poker. I played chess in childhood, so it’s hard for me to say how much this affected my poker game.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Hello! I think poker is mostly fun, but this well-developed quick decision-making and poker do not see the chess dosku.Eti two games each in its own developing mental development.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both games offer different skills to draw from real life.

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chess is strategy only
Poker is strategy and luck

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have spent a lot of time playing both chess and poker. I also love the game of Backgammon. I also really enjoy doing various kinds of logic puzzles. I'm not sure which game, poker or chess, lends itself best to development of logical thinking, but a well developed logical thinking person definitely has an advantage in both games. The chicken or egg, right? I think doing logic puzzles is the best developer of logical thinking. Once a person can think logically, it spills over into every aspect of human experience. BTW, I just got through reading my post looking for incorrect grammar and realized that all of my comments here have more than likely muddied the water.

P

Percivalpl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I teach chess as extra classes at elementary school, and unfortunately I believe that overall chess teach more than poker, especially because there is no randomness. Nevertheless, i don't think there are many other sport disciplines that teach humility as well as poker:)

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for me, chess influences mental potential more. Here you need to keep in mind a lot of combinations and more activity for the mind. Poker is easier than chess.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker because of the variance. In life things happen and it’s completely out of your control. You just have to do you best to increase your odds of success.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play alot of chess and I don't think I ever learned anything from it as opposed to poker. I feel poker has thought me alot.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
I think that the Tri-Dimension chess played by Mr Spock
is the one that require more thinking than ever
Rgds

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what do you think poker and chess have in common?

what do you think?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think both of these games have much in common. Both poker and chess are based on the player's strategy and tactics.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are both based on strategy and playing the player more than the game. The only difference is you need a bit of luck in poker as well.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
The correct answer should be, in both games you have to exploit the opponent!

C

curiplop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they have the same root of strategy, patience, project plays, etc, the good thing is that in poker you can earn money

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And chess and poker are games that require great skills, but chess does not know the word "Lucky player"!

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in poker and chess it is necessary to calculate the moves ahead.

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thing the only thing common is a strategy. Nothing else matters :D
I dont see anything else.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
In my personal case, both poker and chess are two games that I enjoy very much ... in fact I started playing chess since I was 12 ... and I think that the most common thing that these games have is that they are games of strategy and much analysis of the rival ... who can read better to their opponents will be the winner ...!

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chess is a much harder game, that's why poker is much more popular. If you're a good chess player, above average poker player can be a great chance.

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
both of these games are intellectual games

J

Jai_R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strategy!! You have to know your opponents in both games and try to think like them to win. You have to know the boards as well.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
They both need two people to be able to start a game, unless you're playing against a computer. :help:

:lollypop: