Chess and poker

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New breath in this topic. Now personally for me there is no desire to play chess online - it is meaningless. For a live chess game, unfortunately there are no players at the right time for me. Will seek.:rolleyes:

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello someone say that chess helps to play poker better but I do not see what helps. Recently, however, I stopped playing chess and poker I spoiled and do not know what is happening. Do you think that chess can help you stronger player!:confused:

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually I like chess alot but there must be a correlation because both games are strategy. Interesting I will look into it myself

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Look at it this way: Poker Pros don't play chess. That should answer your question.

R

RiverKing422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to answer that question..

chess is a game of skill thought and strategy that thing that helps you become a better poker player from chess is having the patience to wait long periods, watch players movements plays etc, its all kind of complicated but with in time you'll see it getting better

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello someone say that chess helps to play poker better but I do not see what helps. Recently, however, I stopped playing chess and poker I spoiled and do not know what is happening. Do you think that chess can help you stronger player!:confused:

I do not see anything in common between poker and chess, for me these are two completely different games.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that there is a correlation between poker and chess outside of both being a game that involves strategy. Chess and poker are different in style of play and approach.

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does chess have to do with it? Who told you such, in my opinion, nonsense? Poker rather depends more on your luck in life

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game that involves incomplete information while chess is a game that involves complete information. You can see all the pieces on the board for chess, while your hold cards are hidden in poker.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
IMO Chess doesn't help to play poker directly, but all qualities of a good chess player may help him to play poker well. I have helped a friend that runned well in chess to begin in poker. There's just 1 year and he plays better than me now (it's not so difficult).

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think they can be equipaired instead diffenrences.
Poker is a game that involves incomplete information while chess is a game that involves complete information. You can see all the pieces on the board for chess, while your hold cards are hidden in poker.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Of course it helps, if you train your brain with other mental sports, you will conditioning the same and it is indisputable that there will be an improvement.
Chess helps me a lot in memorizing plays, everyone says I have a good memory, and certainly because of chess and poker.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think chess and poker are different, elements of luck ... in poker there is luck, in chess?

ChipWinged

ChipWinged

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I am agree with this set of games :) I also play chess and poker. And I want to select common part of this games:
- you should know theory for better game (we can say it about every game but in this games it's the most important)
- you can play simple strategy (ABC Poker and chess without openings for example)
- chess endgames and heads-up

It's different games but your growing in one of them makes your growing in other. Play it both and you'll have high chess and poker skill! :)

I think chess and poker are different, elements of luck ... in poker there is luck, in chess?

BTW, luck in chess becomes more important when you have smaller playing time - blitz and bullet variants have more luck part than classic chess. Bullet chess has even more luck than poker sometimes :D

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your better off playing magic the gathering to get better at poker. or play more poker to get better at poker :)

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips

No, they are completely different games. A bit like saying, playing snooker will improve my golf game.

There is no variance in chess. I, along with all but a small hand full of people in the world, would never be able to defeat Magnus Carlsen at chess. However, because of the variance factor, I would give myself more than a starters chance of beating Daniel Negreanu in a heads up poker game.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
IMO Chess does not help to play poker directly, but all the qualities of a good chess player can help him play better poker. I helped a friend who works well in chess to start in poker. There is only one year and he played better than me (not so difficult).
Yes I agree with you though both games are different and both have a strong thought process. Undoubtedly, if you have a good thought process in chess can not you do it in poker.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
No, they are completely different games. A bit like saying to play snooker will improve my golf game.

There is no difference in chess. I, along with everyone except a small hand full of people in the world will never be able to beat Magnus Carlsen in chess. However, due to factors volatility, I would give more than initial chance to beat Daniel Negreanu in a game of poker.
:)

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I agree with this set of games :)that also play chess and poker. I want to choose an ordinary part of these games:
- you must know theory better game (can we say about each game, but in this game it is the most important)
- you can play simple strategy (ABC Poker and Chess free openings for example)
- chess games and heads-up

These are different games, but keeping you in one of them makes your growth in another. Play both and will have high chess and poker skill! :)

BTW, good luck in the shaft becomes more important when you have less time to play - blitz and bullet versions have more luck than classical chess. Bullet chess has even more luck poker sometimes :D
Well he said it really is in rapid chess has a great deal of luck especially if you play online. Do not forget the power of the Internet:D:D:D

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
In fact, like many chess, but there must be a correlation because both games are strategy. Interesting, I'll consider myself
Yes, it is in both games it has a certain strategy. Maybe not properly asked question. I wanted to say that the thought processes that apply chess might help you in poker:playingba

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Chess is a game of skill and strategy that helps you become a better poker player of chess, you have patience to wait long periods to watch the movements of the players, etc. after a while you'll see that improving
This is so, and I agree with you but do not you think that strong thought processes and the time it takes to play a tournament will not help you in poker ???:eek::top:

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
... but I do not see what helps.

chess develops logics, analysis, planning, memory, concentration and attention. all these skills directly give you the opportunity to become a good poker player i think

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chess is a game that allows the player to develop his tactical and strategic skills, so in my opinion chess and poker are very similar. But there are many successful poker players who do not even know how to play chess.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well I think chess can help develop logic in you. And poker has many times when you use logic. So I think that's more or less the relationship. As for its results, it's hard to say if it's related to stop playing chess, probably not because oscillations can be pure variance even.