Best time to play poker?

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it is the best to play early in the morning, when there is no so many people as in evening, and no such many fishes which goes all-in with 27 offsuited, and what you think they win AA,KK.....

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best time to play Saturday and Sunday. In The Evenings And Late Night.

B

braveboat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think best time to play is player dependent. Are you a morning person or a night owl? What time of day are you most alert? Will family distract you in the afternoon or night?

I find that my best sessions are early morning. I'm relaxed. I'm rested. I'm alert. While the tables might be better at night, I'm usually tired, and I don't make my best decisions when I'm tired...

Just food for thought!

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I for one prefer afternoon and late hours but imho it largely depends on the network and where the main part of players live. Cause we have more than one time zone.

T

titomurcia1214

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that early morning weekday and evening is the best time, I think most of the players are more lucid afternoon, depending on the fishes or regular there

C

casey rolen

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
late on weekends seems best for me

B

bremensha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing when normal people are working is a bad idea. The % to meet professionals is much higher.

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most profitable days of the week , when the tables playing most laymen , and the odds of winning the highest - it's the end of the week and the first few days after the "live" tournaments.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best time. Whenever your feeling patient. lol.
Never if your in a bad or impatient mood. may aswell just donate your money to a cause.

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The better time for me to play tournaments and sit and goes are between noon to midnight.... If I play cash I like to play in the early am where they try to give you their money....

Faust

Faust

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly it depends on you, whenever you feel relaxed, focused and lucid it's the best time. If you have those qualities at any given time it doesn't matter how other players are "behaving".

P

playn4fun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anytime is a good time for poker :D I really like playing late night early morning but since I'm not online all the time I play wherever and whenever I can. :icon_thum

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AM, when your mind is fresh and ready to play.

N

NickinPots

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Best days to play online tournaments?

Hey,

I was wondering what days are best to play online poker tournaments and SnGs?

I have found that weekends are terrible because there are so many people seeing to each flop and betting big in crazy situations that it is very hard judge. There has been times where I have had to fold an over pair because of the situation and my opponents have hardly had anything after going all in together. Even if I am ahead I still get unlucky a lot as I am against multiple opponents.

I think I have more luck on weekdays when I get home from college in the evenings.

How about the rest of you?

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm guessing you are playing lower limits, which is the stomping ground for aggro-donks. Just have to try and get it in good and hope to hold. Lots of value there but be prepared for some nasty suckouts. If you can move up to some higher buyin tournaments, the amount of "Bingo" style tends to reduce.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best days are Tuesday and Thursday for the freeroll a great way to build up a bankroll

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on weekends there is more traffic on poker sites so i think saturday and sundays are the best days to play. i have to disagree with you regarding the fact that on weekends there are more bad players. every day you will face players who are going to call you any flop no matter what 2 cards they have, its not a matter of the days you are playing, in order to make a profit you will have to adjust your game for example against these players you should make less bluff and higher value bets, also play less hand and get involved in pots if you have a good preflop hand.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There are wayyyyyyyyy more bad players online on the weekends. Trust me... this is a GOOD thing.

Juanes1913

Juanes1913

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are wayyyyyyyyy more bad players online on the weekends. Trust me... this is a GOOD thing.

Yeah this is true but If you play micros on the weekend you'll found lots of donkeys ... So IMO it depends on the levels you are going to grind !
Sundays are the best days for grind for sure but it's a pretty hard day because the traffic of good/bad players are huge!

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More bad players online on the weekends. I like Friday night

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
full of donkfest on Weekends..ways too many gambles in Weekend Play. and ya micros tend to ve many more allin donks who Plays any hands . if playing at Weekend then be prepare to lose many prem Hands which is normal . just not good for mind as it could lead to tilt

R

RodrigoCL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that on weekends you will see the most bad players together. That's because most recreational players play during their leisure time. And while some recreational players can be very good at the game, most of them are just gamblers hoping to hit it big by just calling any two.

I think the problem here is that when you have a large pool of donks playing, the variance becomes a lot harder. And this is especially true with low buy-ins turbo games. It's much more like playing a spin-n-go. There's not enough time to wait for premium hands and get value out of them. And even when you do get premium hands, if you get too many callers, better be ready to let go or go busted in trying to win the hand.

I really don't know about the higher buyin games, but as I am a BR nit and I only play within my tiny BR, I do play a lot of low buyins MTTs and SNG, and my best results are week days. I tend to play better against regs than calling stations (not 1 CS, but a table full of them!).

I must admit I am writing this after having lost like ten 45-man SNG in a row. And it was all like WTF, my aces getting cracked by hands like 73o and the like; I even busted short of the final table in two games with decent holdings against totally trashy hands. So well, I think sometimes you get the bad side of the variance when playing against so many fish and sometimes you get the good side. Not my case this weekend lol.

2Pacavelli

2Pacavelli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe there is no better day , but perhaps for those who play MTT , the best day is Sunday because the fields are larger and certainly the fishs also