Best time to play poker?

yeezus

yeezus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sunday is definitely the best day to play. All the major big tournaments are available to pla. Just make sure you have the whole day clear to grind away because if you make it deep in these tourneys. You will be in for a long run.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best day is when your are hitting cards here and there.

The worst day is when you are getting suckouts/bad beats left and right.

bet1602

bet1602

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best day sunday obv. but lot of people run sunday really bad. because there is a lot of variance (a lot of players etc.)
i like to play monday, friday and saturday

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is easier to play in cash games.. a lot of tired players. Tournaments are easier to win on the business day morning.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cash games are good to play at night.

P

pain_pain_go_away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I have more luck on weekdays when I get home from college in the evenings.
I think perhaps it seems like you have less luck on the weekends just because of the hugely bloated player pools, boosted in a large part by 'Fun Players'. Which means you are going to face a lot more coinflips & of course you re going to have to win most of your races if you are going to run deep & hit the big money....
Like alot of people said already, this is not generally a bad thing, even if it is bloody annoying... As with everything in this game, you need to adjust your strategy a little to suit this environment- These players are very exploitable, very tight & very aggressive is generally the way to go- see posts above.;)

westside1950

westside1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey,

I was wondering what days are best to play online poker tournaments and SnGs?

I have found that weekends are terrible because there are so many people seeing to each flop and betting big in crazy situations that it is very hard judge. There has been times where I have had to fold an over pair because of the situation and my opponents have hardly had anything after going all in together. Even if I am ahead I still get unlucky a lot as I am against multiple opponents.

I think I have more luck on weekdays when I get home from college in the evenings.

How about the rest of you?

Why is that terrible?
I mean - if you want to make money you want your opponents to make such mistakes as seeing to much flops etc... if everyone just played solid,tight poker - then you wouldn't have any edge and no profit long term??

Thats why I prefer weekends.

Also, you might search for tournaments with Guaranteed prize pool (especially on smaller sites) - they tend to have huge overlays during the week.

taban13

taban13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is best to play when you are free and no one bothers you. And it's usually only late in the evening.

B

baxre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best day is sunday. The biggest fields, the biggest wins and a lot of fish.

X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play in the morning at 2-5 am. I think the best day to play is on Saturday, because most of the people are out with friends and so there is a bigger chance to win the game with less people playing.

P

pain_pain_go_away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play in the morning at 2-5 am. I think the best day to play is on Saturday, because most of the people are out with friends and so there is a bigger chance to win the game with less people playing.
I like where you're going with that Xmaster, but I'd take it one step further & hope to be playing against someone that's after coming back from a night out and has a kebab in one hand & a laptop or tablet in the other!! :D

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As more of a tournament player, I have continually insisted that I have had more success playing during the early morning hours. I usually start playing shortly after midnight, and usually don't enter any tournaments after 11 AM. I also don't do very much playing on weekends, aside from a few satellites into the big weekly tournaments, and of course, the big weekly tourney itself, if I qualify for it. My argument is that the increase in players during prime time hours, increases my chances of being donked by some recreational player that is going to end up getting knocked out ten minutes later. Again, this is from a tournament player's perspective.

Of course, all of the cash game players insist that prime time and weekends are the best times to play. After this weekend, I would have to say that I agree with them whole heartedly. What happened was that I had been playing $1 satellite to kill some time until another tournament began. Shortly after midnight, a thunderstorm hit and the power went out. Due to some confusion on the part of the power company, we didn't get service back until late in the afternoon on Saturday. By then any of the tournaments that I might have played were either well under away or already over. Somehow I talked myself into joining a 50NL table out of boredom.

Actually, I told myself that I wasn't going to play. After all, I don't really care to play that much on weekends. I choose to let the fish have it. But fish are what you want in a cash game. I thought I would just observe a couple of $50NL tables just to see what the play was like. But the second, I saw how much action there was at the $50NL tables, I couldn't resist. I played a total of 7 hours over the weekend, mostly in 2 hour stints and only on a single table at a time. In that time I showed an 85% ROI and earned an average of $20 per hour. I'm not saying that those are the most impressive numbers you'll ever see. It's just that the thought or possibility of losing money never ever seemed to occur to me. Even when I lost a buy-in when someone shoved on a draw and hit flush on the river against my flopped straight, I shrugged it off, re-bought and grinded it out until I had won back my buy in plus a $20 profit. After that I took a break, came back a couple hours later and joined another table and tripled my buy-in in just under an hour and a half. It was like they say, easy game.

I have to admit that these CardsChat cash game players seem to know what they are talking about. I still prefer off peak hours for playing tournaments. However, weekends and prime time on weekdays seems to be the right time for cash games. I might have to knock the rust of my cash game skills and give multi-tabling a try in the next weekend.

Last edited:
alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bad players are often at risk and spoil the whole game. Playing poker is impossible to predict a win or loss. Wins the most patient

bossbran

bossbran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, The best time to play poker is when im in really in the mood or when my my body and mind is in great condition. Its how you play even if the opponents is like a bully player.. We have to learn for our experience and try to identify all the player we encounter so that we can identify them in other tables.. tnx guys.. happy poker

R

Riceman1681

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker orifice

When the misty moon beckons the Knights From The East come this way hither, and time do'eth stop for those who refuse to cower to their predicament...Rise Up heathen! Your time is nigh! Let the cards fall as they may but place your wager and feareth yea not! The fingers of fortune may for once point in your direction even though you'st may not yet be of worthy station. Take Heed heathen! You mae'eth yet be worthy even now but the fingers of fortune become as arthritic as they point not at you! But at the leper who should by all accounts be shunned by good fortune but instead riseth to the summit! Have faith Nomad in yourself and realise this...that at the End Of Days the Worthy will rise up and justice WILL be served. And in my wanderings there remains one unearthly mystery that pervades all things, a riddle by name... one who seems respected by all comers though he hides behind a veil...the Question Eternal...

Who the f&*@ is Poker Orifice?

YOSEF19888

YOSEF19888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my short online poker history I have started to notice some trends regarding the time of day I am playing. In the morning hours, say 8am till around 3pm, I do very well and rarely ever leave a table down. Then in the evening hours; 2pm-ish until after 7pm, sometimes even until 10pm, I just get murdered. My straights all get busted, nut flushes fall to boats and just about every sort in between like my kicker is smaller. Then after mid-night things seem to reset and my flushes and straights are crushing pairs and such until I have to quit to sleep. Repeat. My time zone is GMT +/- 5:00
Any thoughts/comments on why (Besides it having to do with the players online at those times) or similar experiences to share?

:jd4:
I do not know about you but it is better to play at night I do not know why but at night I have more luck if luck sorry for me at night.

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play in the evening at the end of the working day.During this time I was almost nothing distracts from poker.

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I noticed like you morning and early afternoon is best time but also late night if you don't play with drunk idiots who bust you and call on anything and win it seems like those guys win a lot and brag about it drives me crazy

X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play poker from 2 pm to 7 am. Then there are less people playing poker and you have more chances to win the pot. My favorite day to play poker is saturday evening. Everybody is out with friends and almost nobody is playing poker online.
To my mind you have to find out for yourself which time is best for you to play poker. It also depends on your poker skills and your time management.

trezvennick

trezvennick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
better time in the late evening of Saturday-more people more fish

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I work till about 5 p.m GMT+3. So I play mostly in the evenings. In Europe it's time of the most tight traffic.

Olegan163s

Olegan163s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the result, the time does not matter to me. The main thing that there was no distractions at home. Good play when no one is home and at night.