Best time to play poker?

Frank Burnette

Frank Burnette

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on CP a lot, and it's much busier on the weekends.

B

bleibso

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best tournament are on sunday

problem is the work on monday

Last edited by a moderator:
charliboulders

charliboulders

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sunday's are the best for multi table tournaments. I don't understand the rebuy thing!!! Do other sites do this too? I'm thinking about switching to a different USA friendly site, any suggestions?

alittlepoker

alittlepoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like playing cash tables during the AM and early PM hours and if i play later its a free roll or small MTTs

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weekends definitely seem to draw the biggest crowds. I'm a Yankee so I have to play on the sites with less people. I sure do miss pokerstars.

counts24

counts24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's not the time, it's the action, depending where you live it's going to be during a specific time period but not the same everywhere.. Captain obvious..

I

IBDMAN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time or when

I believe when ever theirs a abundance of players.

TempoShaman

TempoShaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's not the time, it's the action, depending where you live it's going to be during a specific time period but not the same everywhere.. Captain obvious..

rofl. but yes, i do agree with you.

but more than all mindset, I feel is your game:hmpf:

R

Retina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best time to play is of course Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Usually I like to play at night. I have noticed a trend that night at the tables playing a lot of newcomers and often you can find good fish. And the field at night easier. So night time is the it!

E

eichroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best time to play poker when a game is going 24/7 and you have total control would be when you feel mentally and physically the best. The beauty of poker is you don't have to play, if your not up to it, even though it falls in the time frame you wanted to play.

solargarlic

solargarlic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have often wondered this myself and have come up with a few times that seem to be better for me. Usually after midnight eastern standard time until about 6 in the morning any day usually has the softest players IMO. If you are looking for better players generally the weekend are better for that. As with anything there can be weird trends that happen on some days that is just the luck factor though I think. Good Luck and see you on the tables!

J

jcsplus4

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play at night, when the family is asleep. I think I can focus alot better.

K

kobra80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, I've just moved to China, so I haven't had much time to post here or play recently.

But now that I've settled in, I've logged back into carbon and played a few hands. And holy **** are people much worse than I remember.

It's harder to find a game/multitable for sure, but there is always one massive dink who keeps reloading at every table. I mean... this is what I imagine poker was like before black friday lol.
I am a terrible player yet I have been having success at the early hours of the west coast morning...

I'd say 3am - 7 am EST... so 12-4 PST... best for carbon at least.

any other times on particular sites than are good? And do you know why this is? I have yet to play late night on a weekend... my experience this far has all been early week weekdays.

Are people just raging alcoholics early on a Wednesday morning?

the best time to play in poker is night 03:00 am to 7:00
. I'm rested and refreshed:cool:

R

Retina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best time to play online poker that night. At night it seems to me play more fly versus some fish and field easier than during the day. Yes and during the day there are things there, and at night sit and do what he likes. Besides, I by nature of its owl and night I feel better and more confident than at any other time of day.

A

avner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
evening (ET) its the best time to play, lots of tournaments and lot of fish

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just thinking about that . Like I said it depends of what kind of game you play.
I'm playing a lot of zoom lately and I realize that I find more agressive players in the morning, than I do at nights, I don't know why or if only happens to me.

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just thinking about that . Like I said it depends of what kind of game you play.
I'm playing a lot of zoom lately and I realize that I find more agressive players in the morning, than I do at nights, I don't know why or if only happens to me.

TakinOver

TakinOver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never!!!! :shakehand I hear late at midnight and after is best. I go to sleep now though. :creep:

R

rnino23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say sunday because all the traffic sites get and bigger fields =more $

buiacjr

buiacjr

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best time to play poker is when the fish is online! I think weekends are the best, have the most recreational players on!

G

gametime2011

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friday and Saturday nights as there is a lot of spewing with many getting drunk and much looser play.

T

tonkata4444

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the best time is in the evening after 10 heck :) Then there are more players who have lost money and play pretty loose

S

SillySayLoR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
from friday evening to sunday evening)

shomy21

shomy21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the best time is when I feel good and when is luck on your side, no care what is day in the week.