StuffBarnaul

StuffBarnaul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you play zoom tours?
I see some strategies:
1. Play quick, play many hands and try to play good hands in late position.
2. Play slow, use all time for every move and every hand, play few hands and play only monsters.
Maybe, some intermediate variant.

What strategy is more profitable?

M

Mazak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always the most important thing is being pateint, you can't just go gamble and say "let's see if i can win' but i prefer playing quick :p

T

tuskaaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at the beginning play as quick as possible and spam fold until you get something like aa:s :D when blinds are at the point that they hurt your stack, slow down.

StuffBarnaul

StuffBarnaul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at the beginning play as quick as possible and spam fold until you get something like aa:s :D when blinds are at the point that they hurt your stack, slow down.

Why slow? If I have stack more then medium, I continiue play quick, looking for good hands and try to increase stack. Why do you think, that your strategy is more profitable?

A

armher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom tournament is a quick cash game, so you should have same strategy like in cash games

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why slow? If I have stack more then medium, I continiue play quick, looking for good hands and try to increase stack. Why do you think, that your strategy is more profitable?

Because the odds you getting a monster hand again is small so you have to slow down so the blinds don't kill you until you get a good hand again, if you have a medium stack at a stage when the blinds hurt you a bit you can try to steal in position playing with more marginal hands

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom or any other type of fast pace poker is not profitable in the long run. Try to stay away from such same for turbo anything. Turbos just become a donk fest all in at some point. Give yourself a better chance of actually making money with your play.

ByronP

ByronP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Streetwylde is on to something

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Streetwylde is on to something
First I thought you were saying I was on something lol... Serious though. You can't win in the long run if you play in fast paced games. Doesn't take much skill to just shove most every time and hope.

StuffBarnaul

StuffBarnaul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom tournament is a quick cash game, so you should have same strategy like in cash games

Funny point of view.
As I understand, you never played zoom tours. :cool:

StuffBarnaul

StuffBarnaul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because the odds you getting a monster hand again is small so you have to slow down so the blinds don't kill you until you get a good hand again, if you have a medium stack at a stage when the blinds hurt you a bit you can try to steal in position playing with more marginal hands

If you play small number of hands, probability to receive good hand is much lower, than you play many hands. Blinds kill you anyway, and if this is not bubble - no difference.

StuffBarnaul

StuffBarnaul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First I thought you were saying I was on something lol... Serious though. You can't win in the long run if you play in fast paced games. Doesn't take much skill to just shove most every time and hope.

My stats for 100+ zoom tours (3 or 4 last months) is nearly +20 average buyins, but I play rather rare, 1-5$ buyin (low limits), and i'm not a profi player.
But usually I play turbo. I saw own stats on some site and I played last 2000 tours for +.
I think any type of game low limits is profitable, if you play normally, without tilt and hero calls. :p

StuffBarnaul

StuffBarnaul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played more games in zoom cash games and zoom tournament and have earned serious money.

So why do you think, that strategy is equal to cash strategy?
in prize zone game really differs from cash, espesially close to usual game.

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
zoom ....my worst game.you always change tables and that goes on and on so you cant get some information for the other players which is very important if you want to play for money.if you just play for fun its ok ,but i personally dont prefer this kind of game!!!!

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not only play good hands will lead you to success know the limits of bets you can go is important, know what hands can play and in what position are these

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's another thing I agree on. These fast paced games like Zoom you don't get to see how your opponents are playing because you switch tables.

A

armher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So why do you think, that strategy is equal to cash strategy?
in prize zone game really differs from cash, espesially close to usual game.

The only difference between zoom poker and cash poker is table changes. So, you are playing same game but with different people. Why you should change your strategy in this situation, if in both games you don't know your opponents?

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
zoom tournaments are usually turbo tournaments , you should play very aggressive, otherwise the tournament will not survive !!!!!

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play small number of hands, probability to receive good hand is much lower, than you play many hands. Blinds kill you anyway, and if this is not bubble - no difference.

Interesting point.

AntonEast

AntonEast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to steal blinds in CO and button position when folded to you and almost always bet in small blind when folded to you. Isn't utg and no only play monsters and quick fold most of the times. That is in my opinion a good strategy in general, then of course you need to adjust a little considering aspects like stack seize and blind structure.