ZOOM with Ante?

diago726

diago726

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you enjoying the new ZOOM format with Ante?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, not really. It's inflated the cost of not playing a hand, and every hand that does get played is really inflated.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMHO every zoom isn't good. This deprives players of the study and see of their opponents, drawing weak cards and other. Maybe this saves time, but it's not good poker in the classic sense.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I haven't had the privilege of playing this format anymore, but I believe that this way you lose faster, I know money because the game will make you play with any hand and you will no longer wait for that longed pair of AA or KK or QQ.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Couldn't be worse . I have the feeling players are less on zoom 2nl , even than before the corona crisis .......

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this game format suits you, then the Ante doesn't matter.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMHO every zoom isn't good. This deprives players of the study and see of their opponents, drawing weak cards and other. Maybe this saves time, but it's not good poker in the classic sense.

I don't agree - I make notes on players that helps me in future situations against them. It's helped me make better decisions against them. The outcome may not always be in my favor, but having that information is very helpful.

Couldn't be worse . I have the feeling players are less on zoom 2nl , even than before the corona crisis .......

Good news (for now) - no antes in the 2NL, and 5 NL games (PLO too). I have no idea if PokerStars will permanently add antes at all stakes, but here's hoping that it isn't added.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Honesty i dont play it but based on how the game is set up I would not want to play with the ante this way. Putting in a ante just does not sound good to me.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t like it! I think that Zoom is not the best game mode because you can’t analyze the other players 🙂

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom used to be interesting for fast rake dialing, now rake dialing doesn't make sense.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely play Zoom, but I think it spoils the enjoyment of the game. If you play a lot of hands, it's good, but not otherwise.

J

Jackmagic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ante on Zoom or any cash table = greedy money grab
has anyone noticed how much more things cost as businesses try to recoup covid losses all at once from us. this idea of instant recoup will backfire especially for the restaurant/hospitality industry as ppl will stay home. I enjoy playing poker but I don't like GIVING my money away