Your strategy

M

Mullissimo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournements do you play tight or loose the first hour?

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there
I just play according to the opponnents
If they are fishes or pros that will make my game change
Rgds

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In the early hours when I hit a good hand pushed hard and if my stack grow as more quiet game. And I following the movements of the table. It depends on many factors my game, like my stack

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot depends on opponents sometimes early in tournaments players are shoving especially in rebuys. Try and play your game and when the good hands come against aggressive opponents hit them hard

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play different on each table and in each tournament. I think that it's too many variables that go into determining how you play on a table before you sit down so I play accordingly.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Always push preflop when you have good cards. If you have cards, never call, raise, raise, raise. Dont bluff and dont play shitty cards on entry levels.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play whatever way the table lets me. something i found out playing single day live tournaments which usually have a 1 or 2 hour late registration is, i usually have within 20% more or less of my starting stack when late registration ends. So in a majority of small tourneys most of the time playing early really didnt make that big of a difference.

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That depends on a lot of factors, but I usually open up and call a lot more early because of stack size.
It's easier to invest 1% of your stack early with suited connectors than 5% of it later.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play tight always. But as the blinds increase, so does the range of hands.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the first of a tournament. I like to play wide but I avoid playing flips.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a little tight at first but I don't generally keep playing that way for an hour. A lot depends on the type of tournament. In a turbo with 5 minute levels I will loosen up probably after 15-20 minutes of play. I may wait longer in a 10 minute level mtt.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play tight-agressive in first hour of tournament.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the first hour of the tournament I play tight-aggressive and try to avoid difficult decisions. In the early stages of tournaments, I try to play only strong pocket cards.

Last edited:
M

mengarda

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play tight. Mainly because the chips have a lower value. I know players who don't even register at the beginning think it's a waste of time.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the first hour of the tournament I don't play, I play have fun.It all depends on the buy-in for the tournament.

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
tight play and call in late position near button

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Generally I play tight , not so tight as in the past , but still tight enough unfortunatelly in tournaments . I have to change this in the near future . The more blinds I have , the easier it is for me to see more hands and play more loose :)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Funny thing about tournys,,,,most are won in the last hour,not the first. :deal:

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In all stages of the tournament. My favorite style is tight-aggressive. I play more aggressively against tight opponents, and I play more tight against loose and aggressive players. Of course, a lot depends on the size of my stack. The larger the size of my stack, the more I expand my range.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In general tight , but I may flat in position some speculative hands because they play good post flop and if the opponent is sticky you can stack him easily.