Your hand range when there are 3 players left

Fernando Lopes

Fernando Lopes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
The less players at the table, the more chance your hand will be the winner, even if it's that speculative hand. Right?
What is the right strategy when you have a medium stack?
Should I avoid playing against the chip leader or the short stack?
I always try to see the flop with any pocket pair, and with any suited connectors above 67s.

B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Your strategy will always depend on your stack, your opponents stack and their profile and the action on the hand

Generally speaking, if you're the chip leader you want to put pressure on the other oponents (that means you can make your range larger, but doesn't mean you'll be raising all hands)

If you're the 2nd in chips, you want to avoid the chip leader if you have marginal hands and if the other player is really short (because of the ICM)

And if you're the last in chips, you want to find good spots for stealing and restealing to try doubling up

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the fewer players, the more hands are played. You can download the program and test the players' hands at table 9 6 3 2 and see which hands are played

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The less players at the table, the more chance your hand will be the winner, even if it's that speculative hand. Right?
What is the right strategy when you have a medium stack?
Should I avoid playing against the chip leader or the short stack?
I always try
There is a time and place to play such hands. You will have to gain that knowledge from only experience. Someone can tell you but unless you experience the why you do or don't play certain hands in certain situations then you will look to play them.

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
If 3 players are left at the table, almost all hands can be played

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands