Can you get away from royal draw here

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wanted to see if anybody could get away from this spot.
Hero with 40bb AhKh opens to 3bb on the button
Villain 1 sb calls with 14bb behind
Villain2 bb calls 18bb behind
Flop Jh Qh 2s
Villain1 checks
Villain2 bets 4bb
Hero raises 8bb
Villain1 jams
Villain2 rejams
Hero calls
Will post results after I get some input.
Any way to get away here? My thoughts were the price is too good I'd think with straight draw, flush draw, royal draw, and 2 overs
Only other relevant factor is we're only 6 away from ITM

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have only called the small bet on the flop, looking for the cheap card.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Even if one of the other players have top set (worst case scenario) you have about 37% chance to win so you have to always call.

You have a monster draw so I would bet and raise here all the time against short stacks - especially on the flop.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Preflop is OK.
Considering I am only 6 places from cash out, this flop is not the one I would like to jam :p
In any other circumstances, I would go until the river :D

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop is OK.
Considering I am only 6 places from cash out, this flop is not the one I would like to jam :p

That's what I was going over that night. 6 spots to ITM. Been going over the hand with friends and solvers. I think your opinion is correct any other circumstance go with it but so close to money a good fold candidate.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
That's what I was going over that night. 6 spots to ITM. Been going over the hand with friends and solvers. I think your opinion is correct any other circumstance go with it but so close to money a good fold candidate.

If it is a normal tournament and not a satellite you can't afford to give up EV+ spots just to mini-cash or trying to survive.

You must give yourself a chance to win tournaments or at least to in the top spots often. This hand is much to strong to fold.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a better example to talk about would be if you had an open-ended royal flush draw, which would give you at least fifty-fifty odds against any other hand. However, those odds only exist if you see both cards. I think it's easy to get away from the AJ of hearts, given how many big blinds you have and how deep the opponents were, because going all-in with those cards isn't as profitable as an open-ended straight flush draw, especially if your opponent has a set.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only all-in straight flush draw with two overcostly though it is not ready combination but the chances of winning the biggest whatever it may be, should be put all-in.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You cover them, you have 40bb, they 18 and 14 bb, it’s easy call for me, to many outs not to call, if you don’t hit, your still in the tournament, but if you hit your draws, you’ll be on the final table with good chance to win that tournament

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
would snap call here.

I doubt that anyone just calls QQ JJ AQ or AJ in the blinds vs a button raise.
QJ 22 are the only hands to be afraid of but we have a lot of Outs.
with those Outs we are ahead vs KQ.
one of the blinds might be drawing on a smaller flush or has something like KT

Preflop is OK.

even if we lose we have more than 20bb to get in the Money easily.
so this has to be the spot to go for ;)

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would probably have just called on the flop rather than raising, but given the position you are in, I would be calling, not only are you drawing to the RF, but any heart or T gives you the best hand and the chance to knock two opponents out in one hand.