Are you able to keep concentration.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During a 2-6 hour late reg game do you find yourself getting distracted. How do you fix this or how long did it take to discipline your mind to not lose focus. Do you often do well the first two hours and then in ICM play your inpatients takes over and you punt your stack away. Well i just wanted to see how big a problem non focused punts happen. I know sometimes i still do and im working on it.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
It is hard to keep concentration on one thing so long. I often play multiple games at once or find something else that is not too mentally taxing to do like watch tv/youtube/movie.

Generally I stay way from long registration games. 2 hours late registration games is what I play. Sometimes I play a little longer registration game like 2.5 or 3 hours but I will late register those.
During a 2-6 hour late reg game do you find yourself getting distracted. How do you fix this or how long did it take to discipline your mind to not lose focus. Do you often do well the first two hours and then in ICM play your inpatients takes over and you punt your stack away. Well i just wanted to see how big a problem non focused punts happen. I know sometimes i still do and im working on it.

DPo320

DPo320

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For longer tournaments I sometimes listen to Music or Podcasts to keep my Mind sharp, it 's tiring to Constantly focus on the tournament, especially if you're playing rather tight and aren't involved in a lot of hands. Alternatively you could just step away for 3 minutes and get some fresh air, meditate or have a cig and a cup of coffe outside. Only if you can afford to loose a couple blinds of course.

xXFelaXx

xXFelaXx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love the game, but always need total silence, or the empty house to play in peace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Simple, play them only on micro, low level - even that rarely, as it is a total nonsense on acr some tourneys late reg takes the same time like similar size tourneys till the FT in other rooms -, never register in the first 2 hours, usually give 2-3 bullets for double up in the last 1 hour, half an hour, waste of time in my opinion do it otherwise (partly exactly because of the same reason what you mentioned), except the high stake, high gtd tourneys.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The main thing is not to run around the room during a tournament if you are playing from a computer.

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the game is important to me, then I turn off everything: chats, movies. Sometimes I turn on music. If not important, then I play relaxed. And sometimes relaxed play is more effective)

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
yes , i can keep my focus a long time 6-7 hours , i think that is pretty good

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Over the years, my concentration improves.

I've been playing poker since late 2018, as time goes by my concentration improves and I find myself getting less tired after playing for many hours straight.
When I started playing after 5 or 6 hours and I used to play any game because I was very tired and today I have a lot more patience. the mental part of poker is one of the most important foundations in my opinion for the player to evolve his game, I believe that the mental part overlaps the theoretical part of the game, a player with a very good mental part has an advantage in my opinion.
I see these great poker players, and it calls me very much attention the fact that they never or almost never get out of control even playing high stakes, many players know the theory of poker but it takes a very strong mental part to never get out of this theory, yeah that's what makes an above average player, in my opinion.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also think the ability to concentrate develops over time. As humans tend to grind longer and longer, concentration can improve.
In any case, it is important that the person is rested in front of a grind, and proper nutrition (not too heavy a load of food) and this sufficient fluid intake can also be important to maintain good concentration.
The poker experience can also go a long way in combating fatigue, because experience, for example, can make many decisions in the early stages of tournaments based on certain patterns and automatisms, so fatigue can occur much later.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Playing meditation music is what helps me concentrate more. I also pick and chose the tournaments I play more now. If its a 4 hour registration I just avoid the tournament.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Concentration? What is this :dontknow:

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The farther into the tournament the better for me usually. It is at the beginning that I take the bigger risks. Think a little longer and fold. That is how to get further in the tournament.

When you have 27o and fold then see a flop 2,2,7. Don't get mad. Instead tell yourself this was the one time and make sure you don't expected the next time you have 2 7.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the game is important to me, then I turn off everything: chats, movies. Sometimes I turn on music. If not important, then I play relaxed. And sometimes relaxed play is more effective)

I play expensive tournaments more intently, in silence, without distracting myself by watching a movie or listening to music. Every move I make has a balanced decision, I'm not bluffing. I play inexpensive tournaments in a relaxed way, often I go into the bank with a medium-strength hand, sometimes I bluff and at the same time I can watch a movie or listen to my favorite music so as not to get tired during the game.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is one of main reasons why I am not that good poker player, its pretty hard to focus when you are playing many hours and that makes you to make mistakes you usually wouldn't.

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes yes, sometimes there is no time when I lose my patience and I can't play right

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I try to stay focused at the poker table, but sometimes the brakes fail.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to keep concentration for so long sessions..that's why I choose to play sng sessions

M

Medina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the vast majority of cases, I have no problem maintaining concentration.
This is also due to the fact that I am relieving the tension in the meantime, it means listening to music or radio.
I have such problems when i'm tired, if i rested before a poker session, even for half an hour, it helps a lot
I think your problem will be solved with time and more experience!

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not have such that I went far in the game and began to lose concentration and interest in the game. The more I sit in the tournament, the more my concentration grows. After all, first of all, weak players leave the game, and the further we go deeper into the tournament, the more good players we meet on our way. How you can lose concentration. On the contrary, it is necessary to increase attention.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is hard to keep focused for a longer period of time. I try to keep track of the timeline on the tournament. Keep track of the curve, how many players left, my position in relation to the curb. I do this by writing this down and playing the same tournament over and over. I find that by knowing what the curve should be at the next break and my position in relation to it gives me a focus that I wouldn't have if I was just out there playing hands. It gives me a focus and mindset to go deep in tournaments.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For me, preparation is key. If I have a dozen other things that need to be done, I find I don't concentrate on my poker so well. Before I sit down to play, I make sure all the household chores are down and my work is prepped for the next day. I also make sure I drink only water as this avoids a caffeine buzz, that doesn't help me.

I also find that at a start of a session with only one or two tournaments, I get bored and start looking for other things to take my attention. When this happens, I'll often play a couple of Sit and Go's to keep me focused on poker until the later tournaments start.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In the beginning it was difficult since when playing from the beginning of the tournament to a certain point I lost concentration or got tired, but then I said ok I will register a little later, it has worked for me and I like it better that way, but it is something in which that I still have to work to improve