x/raising top pair oop 3way

Z

zigr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys. First i wanna say sorry 4 the bad quality of this hand but its the only pic that i have. Is this sometimes a x/r or always just a call? The guy from utg was ****ing around there (later he calls my 4bet shove for 40bbs with A8s). And the button (Svzff) is very often flating some Ax suited, Kxsuited, maybe some pairs sometimes? Or am i wrong? At the moment i though it was a good play, but probably not because we were like 50bbs deep. It was in 215 Party Milli 6max turbo. I would be grateful for every response, Thanks a lot.:eek::eek:

Attachments

• IMG_8218.jpg
    IMG_8218.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 18
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What was preflop action and all stack sizes?

Z

zigr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Utg opens 2,2x (was doing some crazy moves earlier, thats why i x/r), btn flat, i also flat. On flop cbet 1/3, btn flat again. Stacks are preflop Utg - 1,1M (55bbs), Btn 874k (43,5 bbs), Hero 1,075M (53,5 bbs). Is it enough like this?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys. First i wanna say sorry 4 the bad quality of this hand but its the only pic that i have. Is this sometimes a x/r or always just a call? The guy from utg was ****ing around there (later he calls my 4bet shove for 40bbs with A8s). And the button (Svzff) is very often flating some Ax suited, Kxsuited, maybe some pairs sometimes? Or am i wrong? At the moment i though it was a good play, but probably not because we were like 50bbs deep. It was in 215 Party Milli 6max turbo. I would be grateful for every response, Thanks a lot.:eek::eek:

Thank you for posting

If you thought it was a good play you could break your thinking down more clearly for us and we can make suggestions based on your thoughts

Example
You decide to check raise a wild loose player why? What was your plan? Were you expecting wild loose to just give up?
The wild loose player shoves you are thinking the range has to be what exactly? How many bluffs vs made hands do you think this shove represents.

Hope this helps
:)

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let me start by writing what I interpreted villains ranges to be...
UTG Villain range: wild player playing top 60% (maybe more) of the range spectrum
Button villain: Ax, Kx, pocket pairs

If the above is correct lets first say that button villain does not have pocket pairs JJ or better as they most likely would have 3 bet and we will discount 10s since we have one. They have then 99s or lower (two sets possible on board) or Ax or Kx. Given your description UTG villain is not a thinking player so there is no need to get fancy with them (not saying that is what you did, just painting them for the post). In this spot if I flop top pair with only a mediocre kicker I would start thinking do I want to get all in with this hand or is it too weak to put 50 BBs in by the river? To me, the hand strength itself is not enough but UTG villain makes me more apt to get it in based on their playing style but we do have button villain as well to think about. In this spot I like just check calling this flop because both opponents are heavy in overcards (I’d say one each on average so 2/3rds chance if one comes we are in trouble) which quite possibly block each other out and the fact I don’t want to play for all my chips here. I think check calling is best since it puts us in a spot where if any card above a jack comes on the turn we can safely fold or at least tread lightly because there are only 3 types of those and a good chance it hit one of the villains. If any other card comes than an ace, king or queen on the turn then I would be planning to check raise UTG villain (we think he will bet no matter what as he is a maniac) and in a perfect world button villain would fold to UTG villains bet leaving it heads up.

If the turn card is an undercard then I would check call if UTG villain bets and button comes along as well (they should not be calling just overcards there or a pocket pair less than ours) and check raise if UTG bets and button folds. Like I said if the A, K , Q comes out then I would likely check fold unless UTG bets and button folds. Then I think you can probably just call him down and see a showdown unless bet sizes get huge.

I realize my line is a little passive but it also allows us to play near perfect. We know UTG is going bet, bet, bet most likely and if we check raise all hell could break loose. Easier to call and get more information in the form of a turn card before really putting the pedal down.