Would you risk half or more of your big stack with AQ?

C

clearpoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Seeing AQ suited is always a good sight, often depending on position 3bet worthy but when you're put to the test and get shoved on, what do you tend to do in these situations and why? Considering you have a decent sized stack post late registration?

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the stack size. Witth up to around 20 BB I would call but against bigger stacks I would fold. I can be dominated by AA, KK, AK and coin-toss against lower pairs. Not worth it.

Smaller stacks could shove with AJ or KQ but larger ones won't.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It totally depends on stack size, tournament level, and number of seats at the table. Six handed or less, I would probably call. If villain is under 20BB, I will probably call if I had already raised. I would only call if villain was under 10BB if all I had in the pot was ante.

AQ is near the bottom of my all in calling range most times. I want at least AK or QQ+ to call, unless the villain or I are low stacked. I want at least a coin flip opportunity, and AQ too often can face an AK or QQ+ pair.

But I often play tight, so your mileage may vary.

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most often AK vs AQ, which is very unprofitable ... I play AQ very carefully.

C

cartonand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ is a good hand, you all in against 1 or more players.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Usually I wouldn`t bet so much with an AQ, even if it was suited. I prefer the AK or higher. A few times I have done it with AQ. Some of them where succesfull!;)

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As always, it depends. But as a rule of thumb, unless I have a strong reason to believe they are capable of shoving with non premium hands, I don't like to risk that much with AQ.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Situational dependent which especially includes tables dynamics and player reads and Range you put the opponent on. I don't fear cards but definitely acknowledge ranges.

Would rather shove with it then call with it but with the information provided I would say it's a Call.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on position, stack and how close to the money. Usually I would not.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are big stack, & cautious player..

AQo, tricky: would risk big bet comfortable if: A) bet doesn't dent stack irreparably
B) If I have notes on opponents, how tight they are. C) I have better luck with AQ .