Would you fold this hand in the BB on the bubble?

maudoallin

maudoallin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys, today i was playing a mtt 1.5$, i was at bubble, 1 position for Money, i was the 10th biggest stack of 60 players... the action:

Was there a player with only 3 BB, i was the big blind with TT's, all folded the hands but the Chip Leader, he was at BTN and shoved me.. what would u do, knowing that was there a dead guy with only 3 BB in table.... the CL was playing to agressive then i called and he had 88's and i won a big pot, and the risky Worth but could get me out at bubble, would u pay?

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys, today i was playing a mtt 1.5$, i was at bubble, 1 position for Money, i was the 10th biggest stack of 60 players... the action:

Was there a player with only 3 BB, i was the big blind with TT's, all folded the hands but the Chip Leader, he was at BTN and shoved me.. what would u do, knowing that was there a dead guy with only 3 BB in table.... the CL was playing to agressive then i called and he had 88's and i won a big pot, and the risky Worth but could get me out at bubble, would u pay?

I'd of folded here so close to the money. His shoving range is quite wide here I'd say and your probably 60/40 against his range. Is winning 60% of the time worth the risk in this spot probably not. I'd only be calling with AA or KK here.

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A fold in this situation is ok to me.
So close to the money i wouldnt risk to be bubbled with 1010

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definite fold. Even with AA, KK, or QQ, there's a 30-40% chance that you bust. I definitely believe that you shouldn't play just to make it ITM. The best players tend to make ITM less but win more money. And it's because they don't play overly scared.

But even without the bubble, I wouldn't have called. It's a given that you need a better hand to call than to push.

Now add in the bubble factor, and this goes from a definite fold to a definitely definite fold :)

If this had been a $50 buy in, would you have made the same move?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
On the stone cold money bubble, It is an easy for here. You are rising a cash and if you win you to gain equity in the tournament but you would really need to go deep to make it worth it. This was probably one of the few hand you would want to see and if you knew he just had 2 overs how happy would you be considering it was you tournament life?

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't see any reason to consider playing tens in this situation. It's an automatic fold for me. Your chances of winning against a number of hands the BTN could have are only about 55-60%. Simply not good enough to risk your tournament life one away from the money.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not know how adequately the player played before he went all-in, but I think that in most cases it is still preferable to fold these hands in this situation !!!

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not clear where the guy with 3BB? In this situation, you made a mistake and decided to put it on display. Yes, now you are lucky and you have won a huge pot, but if you continue to do likewise, you cannot build a decent bank. Judging by the size of the buy-in, now the situation with the bankroll is not important. Do not be offended, read more poker classics, so you save most of your money.

J

jdmBlue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A 100% fold in that circumstance. A-A is my only play there. K-K and Q-Q I`m folding.

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a call, but ICM is not my strong suit. To bubble you have to lose AND the short stack has to win. If you and short stack both lose you make the money.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given the description of your opponent it seems like an easy call.

The thing to remember here is that we're aiming to win mtts, not just min cashing them and as long as you have a solid bankroll management in place you can take these spots on knowing that winning this hand sets you up for a really good chance of running super deep in the game and losing the hand isn't going to affect you with good bankroll management

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggro player over jamming a 3BB shove? I call.

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a fold for me too.. Even with a good hand like 10's you still have a solid chance of losing the hand. With that easy of a chance to make the bubble I'm playing it safe. Might not be the best decision if you're in it for the long hall, but I'm just happy with making the bubble :)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stack size matters

Thanks for posting.

A factor that might be at play in correctly analyzing your opponents action is that he was shoving vs another big stack.
Not from early position but from the button. So the OPP was really targeting you.

We ask ourselves why would OPP shove. AA KK QQ JJ AK AQ? Why not try to get value?
The number 1 stack does not need to worry about suck outs because of his stack size, so trapping you with his big hands would make so much more sense.
Unless the OPP was expecting you to call with most of your hands.

If we can eliminate the top hands from the range then taking a 60/40 to win the tournament is what the most successful players will do.

:):)

maudoallin

maudoallin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree about u guys saying about fold, but like i said this guy was the Chip Leader and was playing to much agressive, stealing the blinds all the time, thats why i called, i saw a good chance to double up, and its whats happen, but i understand that maybe the best move was folding, but those chips was important to me!

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
I get stuck in these situations a lot, reaching close to money and start getting 58, 38,29,23,59 and that kind continuas hands.
I have folded KK also, so 10 10 is easy fold, once the bubble is burst, than the normal game begins.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally lean toward trying to win versus trying to min cash. That said, this is probably a fold. I'd consider a call if this guy was jamming 90% of hands for the last few rounds. If he's jamming that often and just running over the table, I would think he could have literally any 2 cards here and I'd take my chances. If he's playing reasonable, his range is still fairly wide but it's easy enough for him to have a couple broadway cards and be flipping. If you hand was JJ instead of 10s, I'm definitely calling...that one pair increase leads to less of a chance of it being a coin flip. Even on the bubble, I'd be happy to get the money in against the guy with only 1 over, no overs, or an underpair.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a fold. You want to be folding any flips unless you have the villain covered pre bubble.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More than likely the Chip leader was trying to single out for the win. 10s its an easy fold. Aces..No way. I also am not sure how the CL plays so there could be some slight variance

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a tough spot... I would have gave myself a pep talk about how we are here for the win and see if i can talk myself into a call, He is not jamming an over pair there for sure but it could easily be a Q10 - AK in a flip situation. Depending on how i feel about the CL would determine my decision. I think i would fold and wait for a better spot.

E

elias444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd fold anything from JJ and lower, so close to the money and Not enough to risk your
stack and also the possibility of being the Bubble will hurt you more then the reward of taking a flip-coin with your pocket 10's.
Im glad it work out for you..!

O

onlynuts19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he he has got more stack than me, exactly I have 3bb, he will push me I know and I'll put allin and try fortune will be on my side that's the law)

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Juat fold it. Dont risk it especially with aggressive CL, let cl play it like that with other people, and you will guaranteed money. I like it if the chip leader play aggresively. If you play safe, somebody will tilt and call the CL.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.It´s a fold with no doubt..It would so risky to be all in when you are almost ITM..

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker