Chips
...so, you found a HH with AJ in it.:hmmmm:

doops

doops

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, this thread has made me reconsider playing AJ at all. No doubt that is overdue. Thanks.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
didnt read all the posts, u said villains range is AJ+ AND 88+, so u have the bottom of his range, so why are we considering it? not even including the chip counts that make it an even clearer fold

PokErPlayErSEv

PokErPlayErSEv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL, did you read any of the other posts??? You have a lot to learn.

I'm just giving my opinion, thank you very much.

TriggaLos I've been playing poker more than you...so stop talking all big Son.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A J
call 100%

even if you lose, you can't fold that hand in a pre-flop & freeroll situation

I'm just giving my opinion, thank you very much.

TriggaLos I've been playing poker more than you...so stop talking all big Son.

My dad can beat your dad up!!! Really, you went there??? LOL, well you may have played poker longer than I have, but by your above comments, not better than I.

S

santa fe slim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On an all-in from a tight player for 1/4 of my stack, I probably fold A-J. Likely to be a toss up at best.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My dad can beat your dad up!!! Really, you went there??? LOL, well you may have played poker longer than I have, but by your above comments, not better than I.

You better watch it, Son!:D

B

baghead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my aunt betty will take them both out andfold fold fold why do you want to risk your chips wait untill the next blind level and steal steal steal the blinds this will carry you in to the money and then start taking peoples out

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Kid just one thingy I don't understand - you put him on a shoving range AJo/s + pp and yet you think about calling/ shoving with AJo ? I don't understand that.

So near to the bubble opponents (most of them at least) tighten up anyway if they're not co/button, so I consider shoves from early/mid position to be AQ /AK or pp .

And noone tell me I looked at the results - they don't matter.

Originally Posted by PokErPlayErSEv
A J
call 100%

even if you lose, you can't fold that hand in a pre-flop & freeroll situation
Enlighten us: Why do you think so? I don't want to be smart - ass but since you seem to be sure about calling here there must be some reason we're all missing.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kid just one thingy I don't understand - you put him on a shoving range AJo/s + pp and yet you think about calling/ shoving with AJo ? I don't understand that.

So near to the bubble opponents (most of them at least) tighten up anyway if they're not co/button, so I consider shoves from early/mid position to be AQ /AK or pp .

And noone tell me I looked at the results - they don't matter.
On any shove, i will only end up calling, with PP, or AK. Being so close to the bubble, i would not want to call. I found that out the hard way:eek:.
My reads are getting better. i know that if i was 1st to act, i would of raised with AJ, if he would of shoved i would of folded, knowing the hand range of a player. And at best i would have to use the top of his hand rang to take him out. Pokerstove has helped, on seeing the win % of a hand range.
If i have AJ and see a raise before me i am folding.

So near to the bubble opponents (most of them at least) tighten up anyway if they're not co/button, so I consider shoves from early/mid position to be AQ /AK or pp
I know, thats what i am thinking most of the time.
AJ only seems to be good, if you can see a flop first.

C

channing73ny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all in

well id be all in on the drop of dime any 2 face cards im all in all day expecially a short stack thats pushing with any face card now if u are a tight player just muck it save your chips when u have something better

PurgatoryD

PurgatoryD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the betting got to me with no raises and I am on the button, I might consider all-in with AJ. But once someone has gone all-in, I'm not going to call with AJ. I'm a firm believer in, "The marginal hand that gets all-in first gets the pot."

If SS is 1/4 your stack size, then you risk going from a 4:1 chip advantage to a 3:2 chip advantage. All for AJ? Thanks, but no thanks! Yes, I tend to be a tight player, but this just seems like throwing up your hands and flipping a coin to me.

-Dave

Folding in Poker