Would Daniel Negreanu easily win a cardschat tournament?

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure not cause it depends on the cards more then 0n player

Waleswasp

Waleswasp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He used to adopt a “small ball” approach which I think would be an ideal strategy for this type of tournament.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Would Daniel Negreanu easily win a cardschat tournament against our platinum members or would he have some difficulties?
I don't think he would be able to win easily, but in general it is a matter of time. I think he would definitely be one of the best, if of course he would be able to fulfill all our conditions and get the platinum level :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Would Daniel Negreanu easily win a cardschat tournament against our platinum members or would he have some difficulties?

Why don't you try asking Tammy or Debi to try inviting him to come and play in one of the games?
Or perhaps (with DNeg's help) they could set one up on GGpoker

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I do not think so. He can't play the variance either.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have no doubt about his skill and ability to read the situation, so he will have an advantage since many players play very thoughtlessly and the desire of many players to win against the poker legend will only increase his advantage!!!

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
As with any tournament you have to win flips otherwise you get knocked out so you have to have a little luck.

Over the course of 1 tournament he is likely to not win but if you gave him multiple chances and decrease the variance then his odds of winning one increase massively and he would win yes.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
He would be favourite but also pros are affected by variance and bad luck.
For example someone calls with worse and gives you a bad beat

Thanks for providing an example... I wasn't really sure how that stuff works.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Over a long enough sample the money always filters to the best players.

Could he sit down and win any given Cardschat Tournament? No, he has to deal with variance just like the rest of us. But he would definitely have a large edge on probably everybody in the field and that edge would eventually show itself in the form of consistent results that most to all of us could not reproduce without becoming an elite poker player ourselves

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It probably won't be that easy for him, there are very good players here on cardschat and I have a couple of players in mind who I think can give him a bit of a fight, but the beauty of this game is that you don't know what will happen.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He would struggle. The freerolls can become a crap shoot and you have to ride your luck multiple times. As the blinds rise quickly, there is very little room for error and bluffing can be difficult against novice players.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I dont think so :)))...my personal opinion is that he will not be on top 10 players :)) ...there are very good players here and how is not very good is very lucky :)) ...sofor sure he would have a very hard time playing to win here :)

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Some days we may seem lenient in playing, but I concluded that if we want to play seriously, we do it well and often achieve a good result. I believe that even if he wins, he will not win from the first tournament or always.
Let him come forward and come to compete, we are ready ;) But I think he will not win, because then we will realize and we will play on the basis that Daniel is the opponent of all of us. Cardschat members are not to be underestimated.

Last edited:
Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I have no doubt about his skill and ability to read the situation, so he will have an advantage since many players play very thoughtlessly and the desire of many players to win against the poker legend will only increase his advantage!!!
I agree with you, of course he will be a strong opponent, but in live poker, not in platinum level cardschat tournaments.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too many loose fishy players at cc that can knock any pro out at anytime.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We have all been on the wrong end of countless pots, but if you could summarize every single hand you've ever played, what hole cards have cost you the most money and why do you think it's that hand?

View attachment 348664

I would assume it would be business as usual for Daniel, so no. Now, the real question is how do we get him to play with us? I've got some 9-ball questions to ask him about.
Ah, finally a voice of sanity & reason appears.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I would assume it would be business as usual for Daniel, so no. Now, the real question is how do we get him to play with us? I've got some 9-ball questions to ask him about.
Pay him a shitload of money.

(y)

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
the prize is over and who is the winner has finally come out

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he would certainly make it to the final table but winning wouldn't be that obvious

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He would be able to tell you what you're playing and decide if the game is worth his time and go from there but he would be in control of his outcome regardless even if you "beat him".

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
It depends on precisely what we are talking about.

If he entered 1 Cardschat tournament it would be unlikely he'd win it. He would be the best player in tournament of course and stand the most chance of any individual. Due to the very nature of poker, especially tournaments, and because there are so many players in it he'd be a considerable underdog vs. the entirety of the field.

If he entered every Cardschat tournament for a year, he would stand a much better chance of being top of the money list with the most wins etc.

He's played in freerolls as part of a promotion for Club GG. Did he win them? No. Some of the action is on his Youtube channel. It is very good to watch as he talks about why he is making certain decisions.

A long time ago I played in a freeroll with this guy and was at the same table as him. He didn't make the money, I did. - https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=2 Did that mean I was a better player than him back in 2003? Of course not. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker is about consistence. In a short time period, Negreanu could easily win OR lose any CC torney, but in a long time period He would definitly crush most of the tournaments, since He’s one of the best Players out there.

Thats the interesting thing about poker, you could be a pro and play thousands of hours online and live, but when you play against your friends who only play for fun, you could easily lose in a short time period.

Poker is a game about the long term.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's a lot of luck involved in these freerolls, so I don't think he would have won easily