Worst fold ever?

N

nacosta01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing on ACR last night in the $7500gtd. Effective stacks are about 7k Blinds are 50/100 25 ante.
UTG (10k) opens 2x G+1 (7k) calls MP (6k) Calls and BTN (5k) re raises to $1000
Im in the sb (7k) with AKo and tank fold. As soon as I did it I felt like I made missed a perfect opportunity to squeeze.
My reasoning was; UTG has been showing down monsters and G+1 was a rock. And I have 0 information on the BTN. I hate playing out of the SB. My only move was a shove and I don't like risking my tourney that early on. Tell me what you think

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol no need to race with 70BB, and you would either be in for a coin toss, or you was dominated, not to mention you don't have a clue what the other players would do, might aswell wait for a better shot

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think it was a good lay down, didnt had enough info on the players and being that it was so early in the tournament i wouldnt cry it down to much. Considering the amount of players in the hand your AKo wouldve lose some equity so not the worse fold ever :)

psmcb

psmcb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think

Playing on ACR last night in the $7500gtd. Effective stacks are about 7k Blinds are 50/100 25 ante.
UTG (10k) opens 2x G+1 (7k) calls MP (6k) Calls and BTN (5k) re raises to $1000
Im in the sb (7k) with AKo and tank fold. As soon as I did it I felt like I made missed a perfect opportunity to squeeze.
My reasoning was; UTG has been showing down monsters and G+1 was a rock. And I have 0 information on the BTN. I hate playing out of the SB. My only move was a shove and I don't like risking my tourney that early on. Tell me what you think

specific tutorial on hold'em no, there has to be instinct at this point in the game. No wonder they say if you sure go all-in , no , do fold

Z

ZKoomah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're sure that UTG has a monster, then a fold is fine. A cold 4 is standard, I suspect G+1 and MP will fold. I'd probably fold if UTG makes a move, and will probably have a tough decision if BTN shoves.

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think that here is fold fine too.....

papi1207

papi1207

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold is fine, but if you play 6-7 or 10 tournaments, shove is fine also :D

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold also i think is the best decision to many players are in the hand

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you must call here. And fold flop on bad board. Yes, can got QQ, KK or AA, But only vs AA you have a very bad chance. You have a good stack for play call and fold 10bb here

G

Gerb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you must call here. And fold flop on bad board. Yes, can got QQ, KK or AA, But only vs AA you have a very bad chance. You have a good stack for play call and fold 10bb here

I agree, a call to hopefully see a flop. This might not be the best play, it would suck to see a 4 bet jam from UTG but I dont know if I would fold just to a 3 bet unless I knew UTG was only opening AA or KK.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would have called in this sitution

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yeap I could find the fold easily there. No need for flips early in the tournament.Since you already had some reads on the UTG and BTN player! I would shove with KK,AA and maybe with QQ. I don't like at all the early stages coinflips!Good to be a nit sometimes!

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's definitely not the worst fold ever, but shoving there also isn't terrible.

Folding in Poker