Winning rate, sit n gos

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Total posts
Hello friends,

I just wanted to know your winning rate when you play sit n gos?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
For the traditional 9-man SnGs my winrate is positive but single digit. I cant really tell it more precise, because you need a sample of several tousinds to actually know, and hopefully my game also evolves over time :)

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Hello friends,

I just wanted to know your winning rate when you play sit n gos?
SNG for $ 7, $ 15 and $ 30 for all you can earn so much. Only $ 7 will have to really sweat, but for $ 15, 50-60 $ a day is real. You can only play a couple of tables. But then you have to drag every second minimum. And so 4 tables are better, two first place with one you beat your bains, and the other is a net profit.well, cis should be reg speedSNG 7 $ for the first place 28 $ you need to fill 150 bains. per month. We take two days off, like people have, then 20 working days. Well, 150 ÷ ​​20 = 7 bains ~ per day. How you get them is up to you

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Total posts
I used to think SNG's were easy, but I have changed my opinion on this. The payouts just aren't very big, so cashing 1/3 of the time isn't going to get it done. We really have to focus on cashing every time we play one.

For this year I sucked: -19% ROI on 333 SNG's.
Last month (July '21), I turned it around and have +53% ROI on 23 SNG's.
Variance is alive and well.

While 1st place money is always better, it is not so large that we should be necessarily playing for first. We need to cash and stop the bleeding by busting on the bubble. SNG's require just as much discipline as all the other poker options.

Good luck and God Bless.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
I used to think SNG's were easy, but I have changed my opinion on this. The payouts just aren't very big, so cashing 1/3 of the time isn't going to get it done. We really have to focus on cashing every time we play one.

SnGs have the same problem as cash games, which is basically the rake. If there was no rake, then I think, playing SnGs would be very profitable, because they do attract a fair amount of recreational players, who make a lot of fundamental mistakes. However poker sites typically charge around 10% in rake. And that is pretty difficult to overcome, since each game dont last very long, and there is also a limited upside potential, when at most you can get your money back 4,5 times less the rake in a traditional 9-man. So if you are going to grind SnGs, you ideally want to find a site with low rake and/or a good rake-back deal.

As for strategy we are not going to cash in every one, but for traditional 9-mans and 6-mans it is very important to cash as often as possible and be very aware of bubble dynamics. In a 9-man 60% of the price money is distributed on the bubble, whereas in a typical MTT its only 30%.

So a 9-man SnG is not the place, where we want to be a "hero" and go for the win only. As a middling stack we need to play very conservative against larger stacks and simply wait for the short stack to bust, so that those 60% of the price money is distributed already. And even after that, if stacks are very uneven, we still dont want to bust as the middling stack and let the short stack get a free payjump. Only when its down to heads-up can we focus solely on winning chips, because now it is obviously "winner takes all".

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Total posts
SnGs have the same problem as cash games, which is basically the rake. If there was no rake, then I think, playing SnGs would be very profitable, because they do attract a fair amount of recreational players, who make a lot of fundamental mistakes. However poker sites typically charge around 10% in rake. And that is pretty difficult to overcome, since each game dont last very long, and there is also a limited upside potential, when at most you can get your money back 4,5 times less the rake in a traditional 9-man. So if you are going to grind SnGs, you ideally want to find a site with low rake and/or a good rake-back deal.

As for strategy we are not going to cash in every one, but for traditional 9-mans and 6-mans it is very important to cash as often as possible and be very aware of bubble dynamics. In a 9-man 60% of the price money is distributed on the bubble, whereas in a typical MTT its only 30%.

So a 9-man SnG is not the place, where we want to be a "hero" and go for the win only. As a middling stack we need to play very conservative against larger stacks and simply wait for the short stack to bust, so that those 60% of the price money is distributed already. And even after that, if stacks are very uneven, we still dont want to bust as the middling stack and let the short stack get a free payjump. Only when its down to heads-up can we focus solely on winning chips, because now it is obviously "winner takes all".

very good points. It also depends on the structure of the SNG as well. Stacks are pretty short starting off, and in a fast or turbo SNG, the average stack is below 10bb in a very short time. This means variance is king, not poker skill, for the most part. Of course everyone at the table has the same problem so it is equalized a bit.

Good Luck

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Total posts
My win rate is 0%. I am new haha and hopefully will try it soon

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Total posts
Awards
UA
I don't play in these tournaments at all and thanks to that my bankroll grows. These tournaments are more like roulette, where everything is decided by your luck. I avoid bingo.

LFC_yllnwa

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Total posts
Awards
NZ
If you choose your type of game correctly, you should have a profit over a long distance, which means that you have at least 50% of successful outcomes. On my best day, I think it's easy to have more than 70% positive and profitable games) It is difficult to talk about winning big SNGs (from 18 players). I think you should have 7-12% of wins over a long distance :)