Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
The chances of winning a freeroll tournament depends a lot on how many people register in the tournament ... in my case I try to play only the freeroll tournaments that promotes Cardschat since in these tournaments not many people register ...! this has allowed me to win some tournaments and to be included in the winning places ...!

Z

zastil

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My strategy in early free rolls

Match those all in when have pair of face cards as normally early on have silly card and you get nice chip boost at start.

Yeah get unlucky but I like this strategy as don´t waste you time and need a boost chip lead to get going so can bully others haha

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls can be tricky, you need to understand practically everyone in the early levels of the freeroll is a fish - they will call almost any raise / bet and are not too easily bluffed so i wouldnt try that often. Play a good solid game, don't overcommit bigger pairs (QQ or less) with an average stack - if you're short - put it in, if your way up - apply the pressure...but understand these people with A3 or A7 offsuit will call you're move. I tend to go to raised flops with these big hands and the fish will hang themselves. I played 5 $10 on demand freerolls on ACR last night and tho i did not cash in any of them, i finished inside the top 50 in 3 of them. Its a good way to practice some of your mtt game. Anyhow, my strategy for winning:

Play very tight and aggressive early - bet very good hands preflop and charge the fish to play their junk.

When you make your hand - cbet reasonable sizings, most fish will call 1/2 pot - once you have them hooked take them to value town and send your stack soaring. I tend to double up within the first 15 mins or so if i get the right hand and the right player.

Once you build a stack of 2.5x + what you started with - apply pressure - play more speculative hands like j10s, q10s, qj, a8s, etc. Limp and look to call a raise with smaller pairs - overall become more active but remain fairly tight in your play - you are still trying to build a monster stack.

Lastly as i said, most of these players are fish...rule #1 - do NOT bluff the fish, while they can be bluffed this is a free tournament - they will not be folding very much i promise you.

Good luck! Have fun

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just wondering how many freerolls people play before they they make it in the money. It took me about a month of playing on pokerstars before I placed in the money.
I play a lot of freerolls but the bankroll is still very small. I do not often take prizes but do not give up.
although sometimes I go for prizes. sometimes it turns out and a small tournament inexpensive.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are tournaments with free entry. Not bad, huh? The unpleasant news is that in most cases you will not be able to win a lot. However, playing them makes sense.

With freerolls you can lay the foundation for your bankroll. Some players have already proven that you can climb the limits without investing a single cent.
Freerolls are a free opportunity to gain experience. For example, it is very difficult to learn how to play well at the final table, because it's very rare that you get to it. How often do you start the tournament, and how often do you reach the final table?
Freerolls are fun. You do not risk anything, and in these tournaments players of the most different types gather, i.e. You have the opportunity to practice in the game against different opponents, which is a valuable experience.
but not only can you get experience in a freeroll, but you can also go crazy to see what those get up who have no idea why he's at the table. Of course it's funny but also sad.
but in general I agree. Freerolls are needed by those who want to build their own bankroll on their own. [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji110] [emoji110] [emoji110]

J

JEasyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just wondering how many freerolls people play before they they make it in the money. It took me about a month of playing on pokerstars before I placed in the money.
I got lucky and won one.of the first 10 freerolls I played on ACR. And I have done very well in the daily and weekly bonanzas on GP

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I do not remember very well, I think it was 2 or 3 tournaments, but that does not mean that I always win in them, there will always be situations and different players, but you should always insist on them because they are good for building a good bank

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This depends on kind of freeroll. IF there are too many players, you can wait your winnings for a very long time.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freebies such as Cardschat where more places pay..

Been playing on ACR for a little over a week now, and haven't cashed once. Been close to the bubble once or twice, but haven't quite made that milestone yet. Feeling hopeful, as the advice from some of the community members has been helping me tremendously. So thanks again, CardsChatters.

It might help to be picky about which ones to play. If you only play the ones where only final table make it ITM, it is super hard. Check out others, that require passwords, such as Cardschat. Only had to place 36 to get ITM.
Might want to look at freebies where you can get ITM at only 81st. Might only win X cents, but getting through 600 other players to get to 81 is good practice.

Don't get down on yourself, every tournament, the odds are against everybody winning, keep it in perspective. Even the pros lose a lot. Keep at it, you'll break through.

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not even remember how long after the game I decided to put money into poker.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends what kind of play freerolls, there are some very good and freerolls with good prizes.
Although already have bank entry tournaments to play, you can keep playing freerolls, especially those that pay well, it's a way to get free bank to continue playing.

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I played many frolls on BCP / ACR back when they had Demand frolls and it took me a few to cash in. But those massive Frolls are insane, and not very skill-based.

However, the CC Freerolls are very legitimate. They are less than half the size of the others, since they're private, and include many intelligent players, it's much more skill based.
I hit the cash on my first CC Freeroll, but did not get top 10.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play freerolls where I have a registration.
often I get in prizes. but the amounts are very small. nevertheless nice from such a game.
but on freerolls CC I was hoping to build a bankroll over time. I played in several CC tournaments, it was very interesting. adequately all

Freeroll Passwords