J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you think it is possible to win a good tournament without using programs?I use knowledge and luck, how about you?

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am sure that it is possible to win tournaments without software, but there is no doubt that those who use auxiliary software have an advantage, but in poker such an advantage can be offset in the short term with a little more luck and a well-caught day...

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you think it is possible to win a good tournament without using programs?I use knowledge and luck, how about you?
I would say that an online poker professional would play well without the help of programs, because as he plays higher limits, he usually always plays against the same villains, and as they already know each other, they know how each one plays.
But I believe that the vast majority of players, even professionals, play with the help of programs, as they tend to play on multiple screens and the program facilitates reading when making a decision.
And if the room allows you to use the program, why not use it, the program will help you a lot in making a decision on a specific hand.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of good players play without software, but to me the more information you have the better.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I guess the software helps a lot, but it will not decide the winner. I guess the player's skill stand out.

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
for sure,the stats help you a lot,but if you are focus on the tournament you can win without programs

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The software for the most part simplifies multi-tabling, if you play one table very carefully, you can win the tournament.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I'm against using any software I only use my brain and understanding of the game

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure good players without software rather win a tournament, because the stats often lead to bad decisions, too
You "know", he's a weak player and shoves 79s and stuff, you call with your strong Ace and he turns over Aces...
Without software you might have folded, know what I mean?

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi, friend!
Everything is possible in this life.
The impossible just takes a little longer.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
the experience can't be compared to any software
but besides that it's not fair to play with a program
and if you do so then you'll never learn poker

PokerEdge

PokerEdge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Of course, it is possible to win and perform well in tournaments without a program, but really, if you play on many tables, I think it is very important to use a poker software. Especially if others are using it, why shouldn't I? It can also have a good effect on the development of your game.
You don't have to expect miracles from the HUD, because the dynamics will often matter, but it can help.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
You can win using programs, but not much, especially if you are not lucky, and luck also cannot always be with you. Being certain of winning in poker is both mysterious and impossible

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends where you are in your poker development.

If you're just starting out then it would make more sense to buy an old used copy of a cheap poker boom book or a cheap poker ebook for very little that can teach you the fundamentals than pay a lot for a HUD/Tracker like PT4 or HM3. Actually it would make even more sense to study and review Moshman's course here on Cardschat because he goes over the basic fundamentals that you need for free.

You don't need a HUD/Tracker, GTO solver, or any of the software to beat most people at the lower levels. You will also spend time learning how to use that software that you could be using to learn whatever game you want to play.

You shouldn't need a hud with 4-6 tables if you have a solid understanding of whatever game you're playing. Software like PT4 or HM3 are really for folks that play "a lot of tables" at once, like you'll need several monitors of tables worth, lol.

They also want to study certain specific problems in their game like betting a certain streets or want to know their win rate playing a certain position.
Look, lol, if you don't know what position is then that stuff wouldn't matter to you anyway.

And if you spend time waiting for the HUD to collect info on your opponents then that's silly when if you had a little experience should be able to spot what they're doing without any aids. And what would you do playing live without a HUD? lol.

A lot of people can spend more time and money learning the fundamentals then some system like GTO/solver or software to give them some type of edge when they don't know the basics or don't have the discipline to show they know the basics in their game.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! I'm not use any software for playing in any type of Poker, and anyway sometimes I win the tournaments,
and quite often hit in prize zone!.. That's all! Nothing more, and nothing less!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that you can win without poker software, but if you play a lot of tables, it's still better to use it !!!

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never used a software and I have never won a tourney either but in my opinion there is no correlation between the two.
I think playing without cheating is the only way to play poker because it's the right way.
Plus there is no guarantee that you will even make it to the money by cheating just because of the variance therefore in my opinion it's not worth the hassle.

Jantorres888

Jantorres888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Hi friend!
Anything is possible in this life.
The impossible just takes a little bit more time.
Sometimes it takes a long time to understand simple things) I, for example, often make the same mistakes. Then I regret the wrong decision and do it again)))

Jantorres888

Jantorres888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I've never used software and never won tournaments, but I don't think there's any connection between the two.
I think playing without cheating is the only way to play poker because it's the right way to go.
Plus, there's no guarantee you'll even make money by cheating just because of variance, so it's not worth the hassle in my opinion.
The software is very helpful if you need to play at multiple tables. At the same table, you can keep a close eye on your opponents. This is not possible for 4 or more.

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play without software, but I watch a lot of videos about poker, streamers and listen to their advice!

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
your best poker software is your own brain, with it u can achieve whatever u want :)