Winning a MTT?

A

Ant1Ant1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Can anyone give me, a lil fish, tips on how to win a MTT, I've just learnt how to play in position and have started learning ranges. But I can never ship the tourney...any suggestions?

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Be patient.
Winning tournaments requires a lot of luck, not just knowledge.
So study, play a lot and it will come naturally.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Position is important, patience even more so. Ranges change at different levels and chip stacks. Keep studying and good luck🤔

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm sorry if I had a recipe for how to win tournaments, I would have become a millionaire long ago, but I think no one has such a recipe !!! You have to create your own recipe for winning in poker, as it is different for everyone !!!

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Observe, take notes on the other players and be patient. and learn the push/ fold range from 12BB and below

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be patience, read well your opponents, but to win a tournament you also need to play aggressively.

O

odonob

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, get a feel for the tournament. There is a certain rhythm to it. I won 2 MTTs in a week a while ago. Very important is to know when to fold, if you suspect that you are behind in a big hand then you normally are. The folds win a MTT as well as the double ups etc.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Can anyone give me, a lil fish, tips on how to win a MTT, I've just learnt how to play in position and have started learning ranges. But I can never ship the tourney...any suggestions?
Perhaps the free CardsChat course will help you. Try it, don't be lazy :)

A

Ant1Ant1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Perhaps the free CardsChat course will help you. Try it, don't be lazy :)
Hey thank you very much, I will try because I definitely want to improve, has it helped your game?

A

Ant1Ant1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Be patient.
Winning tournaments requires a lot of luck, not just knowledge.
So study, play a lot and it will come naturally.
I finished 5th out of 2250 people last night! It was a freeroll, I believe I played my best poker ever, my bluffs worked, my flips were paying out and I'm sure I had strong table image.......I frickin love this game

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
When they tell you how to do it, tell me, I want to win one too.

A

Ant1Ant1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
When they tell you how to do it, tell me, I want to win one too.
Hey will do, I'm practicing on as many freerolls as I can at the minute. I love it but can't lie I get a bit tilted sometimes when I 4bet my pocket aces, get shoved, call, only to lose to 10,6o that gets me a bit lol

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hey thank you very much, I will try because I definitely want to improve, has it helped your game?
I haven't started this course yet, but I plan to do so in the near future. I have very little free time at the moment. :(