ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Thinking Out Loud:
BI 2.2$, 10K warranty. 5000tel.
6 am, matches in the eyes, wooden ass, 22nd place and a win of $22.
Lost nerves. Why do we need it?
The fuss is not worth the eaten egg. ps
From the above, I derive the formula that for such money is better either SAT or BI $11 and above.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Small tournaments offer us the opportunity to practice and improve, so it's worth playing them, it's preparation for bigger tournaments.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
satellites are a great way to buy in a little more expensive while spending little

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Thinking Out Loud:
BI 2.2$, 10K warranty. 5000tel.
6 am, matches in the eyes, wooden ass, 22nd place and a win of $22.
Lost nerves. Why do we need it?
The fuss is not worth the eaten egg. ps
From the above, I derive the formula that for such money is better either SAT or BI $11 and above.
If your bankroll management allows you to play tournaments for $11, then it's ok, no problem. If your bankroll is $50 or $100, all you can afford is actually a $2.2 buy-in tournament. Of course, everyone has their own bankroll management system, but in my case, to play in tournaments for $11, my bankroll should be at least $400-500, no less.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Ultimately, the goal of any poker tournament participant is to win. Already here we can ask questions: how many participants are expected in the tournament, how strong they are, what is the declared payout structure in it.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In fact, by your description, this is not a small tournament. This is a BIG tournament, 5k entries makes a huge tournament.
You are evaluating your results in absolute numbers, but you should always think in terms of average buy-in. You won 10 buy-ins, it is not a bad result. Of course, in tournaments like this, the big scores are at the final table. These are tournaments that produce one's big hit. They are rare to be won, but they will produce a great prize.
You should dedicate yourself to play mainly regular smaller tournaments, that last less hours and have less people. Variance will be smaller, and you will get much more good results. If you play several tournaments, you should still keep some bigger tournaments in your schedule, but they should not be the main component.

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It's a great result, why so dissatisfied!?

The nice thing about poker is that there are so many different types of tournaments and if you don't like a big tournament then you can play small higher limits or cash games - there is enough to choose from.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You mast play small tournaments because you make more experience in this kind of poker and it is too helpful for your bankroll in your future

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Small tournaments have there advantage. Less variance and also less time committed to playing. i like them because they fit my lifestyle. While i love big ones its hard to commit ti them when 8 to 10 hours just to get close to the final table,

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes large field tournaments are kind of stupid, since you dont really win anything, unless you end up beating tousinds of competitors. And its especially stupid playing them in the evening. Play small field tournaments instead, and if you play in the evening only turbos or hypers, so that you dont lose your sleep, if you run deep. Or play SnGs in the evening.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Although you spent a lot of time and effort, you achieved a pretty good result. At the moment you are playing in small buy-in tournaments, but the time will come when your bankroll will allow you to play in big buy-in tournaments. Think about the valuable experience you are getting now and about your prospects in the near future.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the fate of the player in tournaments, and you can still win the money, but you also need to play, as for me, the more tournaments, the more profitable

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think it's the chance to win a big amount for such a small buy in. My friend came 3rd in a $3.30 tourney for a total of $1,300 which is a massive ROI. I think 1st place was for $4k

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
for bankroll management