Why and how unknown players with no stats win big at PS?

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently I've experienced a very strange situaton. I've played a bounty tourney and after checking all stats of the remaining 40 players, I've realised that chipleader has just 1 game played at poker stars, and in current tourney he already won $400 in bounties(4.4 buy-in).That's what his stats say. After observing his playstyle for some time i realised that he plays like a fish, but always crushes opponents with much much stronger preflop hands. And most of the times he was winning with some trash connectors vs strong pairs on a preflop allin.He busted out like 80% of the remaining 40 players and won he tourney.

After he busted me out with AJ vs my AQ, I've received stars winning moment video, BUT the strange thing is that in previous videos, and in this one you can clearly see opponents nicknames. However when it coms to the final hand that i've played - pokerstars decided to not show the nickname of my opponent.

https://www.starswinningmoments.com...160_77s3vdh6ayuc4h9tx6h1_video.mp4&tid=126448

This hmmm, can't say if it's person... this nickname won approx 2K in total, instead of $900. His bounty earnings been equal or more than the prize for the first place. He was going allin with hands like 57s, 43s, 89os and so on, and constantly winning against strong hands like AA.

Can someone explain this to me? just 2 questions = 1)how and why someone with no record of online gambling at PS wins constantly all of the preflop allins with trash preflop hands. 2) why PS is not showing his nickname in the video they've sent me?

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
congrats with the 400$ win!
strange.....
but you also do not list the nickname of the villain.
Did you ask pokerstars support?

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks,
I falled asleep after that game, it was 30hour poker maraphon. I shouldn't play that bounty tourney, cause it lasted like 10-11hours and i was sleepy before it stared, but i was winning all day long, so adrenaline kept me awake. When i woke up, i've realised that this was very strange, and when PS sent me this video, one of my friends paid attention that there is no nickname of the tourney winner in the video. I also can't find his nickname in browser history, cause during that day i've checked stats of 3 hundrends of players, it will take huge amount of time to check it again.

I would simply ignore this situation if this "player" blocked his stats from search at all sites, but he haven't blocked. He had just 1 game played at 1.1 tourney in the past. And in that bounty session it was shocking how he won like 30 times in a row with trash hands vs monsters on a preflop allins.

When I've started watching him, he already had +$400 in bounties. After he called allin with 43suited vs KK for 30% of his stack I've asked myself - what hands does he fold? He was sitting and folding everything for 30-40 minutes, then suddenly he calls push with 89os vs AK for 20% of his stack and wins. I'm like WTH?

At the final table he was also very suspicious, playing raise\fold and showing that he folds nut draw at the turn vs not a big raise(comparing to remaining stack) He also showed that he folded a pair of sevens with just 1 over card on the flop... However as you can see at the end of the video, he called my push with weaker hand in the right time and got straight.

This is all very suspicious, i don't know what to say and what to think. I've won some money back there, and i'm grateful for that, but i don't have answers for the questions that i've asked. The strangest thing is that PS support haven't included his nickname in the video. Why would they do that? You can clearly see nicknames of previous opponents in the first 2 deals shown in the video... but not the last one at the final table. How come that someone wins 1st place $2K in total with 3.5K opponents and it's his second MTT tourney ever on PS? Well ok - if he wins by playing poker, but he played bingo using trash hands and kept constantly knocking out opponents with monster hands.

Any ideas?

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
on stars you can make a tournament history request (by entering the number of the tournament) and find your every hand also like the nickname of this player.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on stars you can make a tournament history request (by entering the number of the tournament) and find your every hand also like the nickname of this player.

Thanks,
I know that.
It doesn't answer my questions. Finding his nickname won't give me anything. I know his stats, I've lived that moment.
My questions are why and how? Anyone else seen such behavior and winners at the tables?
If it helps - well i can find that email, find tourney number and ask the support for the history.
But well what will we see there? That some guy won 30 times in a row with trash hands, well maybe he lost a few times, after all i was observing last 6 tables and haven't paid a very close attention to his table, only the major moments when i wasn't in a hand.

- 2nd MTT game played, 2K winnings, approx 800-900 in bounties.
- goes all in with trash hands vs monsters and constantly wins preflop allins.
- PS is not showing his nickname in the video.

why and how and if someone experienced such?
is it coinsedence?
is it just a random number generator that randomly let this "player" constantly win?
Any ideas?

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 points. 1- a regual has a % chanse of agetiting ATM, a lesser chanse to get a deep run, and a lesser chanse to FT. As a pro you caulate ROI and that is your profit(assumed atleast). A recreational player has a 50/50 chanse - they either make it or not. I hope you see my point =)2- bounty 4.4 is not exactly the GTO land of pros. Even despite having a decent player here and there they will have leaks, on top of that Bbuilders have different math applied so a hand that would be called of in Bbuilder would be a fold in a reg freezeout.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His luck doesn't answer the question why those who sent me the starswinningmoments video haven't included his nickname in the video. You can clearly see all of the nicknames of previous opponents in previous deals. But not the final one.These 3 factors made me want to write this post and ask these question. If he was just a new player to the site ok, no problem.Still a question but i can live with that. If he was just a lucky newcomer who won many strange allins = no problem again, i can live with that too. But why PS staff is not including his nickname in the video, do they want me to forget this fast? or what? and this "player" was showing cards that he folded, a nut draw on the turn, a pair of sevens with 1 over card on flop vs short stack...
Why is that?
Ofc i'm not a detective or something and after billions of hands played at PS anything can happen at the table, but it's not only about hands and style he played out there, it's also about the video they've sent me, without showing his nickname. Why is that?
Any ideas?

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was taught to look at the most possible and what leaves is the truth or somehow like that (schlock Holmes)

What if he was just out for Bounties?? Looks like he had the chips to do so, and bounties are nice, once you have your buy in back, the hunting season is open. And why not donk against other donks?

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 points. 1- a regual has a % chanse of agetiting ATM, a lesser chanse to get a deep run, and a lesser chanse to FT. As a pro you caulate ROI and that is your profit(assumed atleast). A recreational player has a 50/50 chanse - they either make it or not. I hope you see my point =)2- bounty 4.4 is not exactly the GTO land of pros. Even despite having a decent player here and there they will have leaks, on top of that Bbuilders have different math applied so a hand that would be called of in Bbuilder would be a fold in a reg freezeout.

I agree with some of your points, however i can't agree with different math.
I saw what i saw, and you can also see it in the video. Opponent constantly wins with weaker preflop hand, on a preflop allin...

Let's say we flip a coin and this coin is not 100% flat, it has U-shape. It's obvious that it will lay down more often with bottom of the "U" to the table, because it's round. And it will lay down less times with the top of the "U-shape" because it's not even flat and the other side is round.
The same thing i see with poker math there, player constantly wins with much weaker preflop hands it's like coin constantly lays down with the top of U shape instead of the bottom. It's simply against laws of physics in case of the coin and simply against laws of math in case of what happened out there for last 3 hours of the tourney. It was simply too irrational to believe that it's true. Boom Boom Boom player wins another 30 flips and another $500 in bounties by playing trash.

At the FT he had x6 times more chips than 2nd by chips when it started. Previously he called preflop push with 43suited for approx 25% of his stack, but at the final table he was folding everything for about 30 minutes, being far far away in chips from nearest opponent. What cards did he fold against preflop push at the final table if he was calling push with 43s about 1hour ago?
All of this is just too irrational, my logic and past experience are not giving me any answers, and in addition to that PokerStars haven't even included his nickname in the video, why is that?
Why is that? Is there ANY logic behind this behavior of this "player" and behavior of PS staff who sent me the video without his nickname? My online poker experience started 4 years before pokerstrategy website started giving away away freebies for lessons and passing exams. I believe it was in 2005-06 when i've started playing as a newb and evolved to what i believe is good winnings for the long run smartness. I don't think that winning 500 is good or big, or something to discuss, but since i've started playing poker I never saw anything even close to what happened there. And it happened at the biggest online site, not at some fresh "conartists creation poker-look-like" site. At the same time a "player" and the site made strange moves that rised these questions.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was taught to look at the most possible and what leaves is the truth or somehow like that (schlock Holmes)

What if he was just out for Bounties?? Looks like he had the chips to do so, and bounties are nice, once you have your buy in back, the hunting season is open. And why not donk against other donks?

Ok - I've asked myself the same question.
But
1) constant winnings with trash is against math and logic.
2) strange behavior - showing and folding cards, not going to showdown and not calling small raises.
3) strange behavior of PS staff who sent me the video without nickname of the last and strange opponent.

Just please answer the 3rd question, for a start. I don't care about their hand selection, most of the hands that i've played been AA-KK-QQ-AK, they choose different, not the boring ones. OK! BUT why do they include all nicknames of my opponents in the video, but haven't included the most important one? The last one, which shocked me.
Ok if he hunts for bounties, ok even maybe only on preflop allins, why it was constant winning from his part? Any 2 = call and win. At the last hand I haven't pushed, i did a 3bet and he went allin with AJ and won vs AQ. Back there I was thinking that he's waiting for someone to push, then he calls and it's a coin flip, so i decided to not give him a chance and simply re-raised. He provoced coin flip on his own and won... WTH?

P.S. In addition to that...
At the final table any place and cash difference between places was giving much more cash than any bounty at the table, except for one bounty - his.

O

oldolm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the guy like you describe is on stars like on every 3 tournament... silent new guy crushing the game with every hand... you cant do anything with that just find tournament without that player :D

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the guy like you describe is on stars like on every 3 tournament... silent new guy crushing the game with every hand... you cant do anything with that just find tournament without that player :D

great joke :)
indeed i see such players often, mostly from brasil, playing trashy aces... they last for 10-12 hands in a row or like 40-50 minutes, then it's over. plus they usually have stats.
the person i'm talking about was far ahead in chips from the second place when i started observing, he haven't played ace rags, he was from UK, he already earned ~400-500 in bounties when it was 5 tables. For a moment please! $4.4 buy-in and lets say $450 in bounties with 40 players left - is this normal??? In total he got approx 900 just for bounties, and i'm not including his own bounty that he kept for the 1st place. He kept dominating by playing trash hands for the next 3+ hours since i started observing until he won the tourney.
Was it Santa?
To me it all looks like Catrina hurricane ruined couple of USA cities and used these materials to build a new well working space station plus also lifted some person from Florida to this newborn station.:confused:

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok - I've asked myself the same question.
But
1) constant winnings with trash is against math and logic.
2) strange behavior - showing and folding cards, not going to showdown and not calling small raises.
3) strange behavior of PS staff who sent me the video without nickname of the last and strange opponent.

Just please answer the 3rd question, for a start. I don't care about their hand selection, most of the hands that i've played been AA-KK-QQ-AK, they choose different, not the boring ones. OK! BUT why do they include all nicknames of my opponents in the video, but haven't included the most important one? The last one, which shocked me.
Ok if he hunts for bounties, ok even maybe only on preflop allins, why it was constant winning from his part? Any 2 = call and win. At the last hand I haven't pushed, i did a 3bet and he went allin with AJ and won vs AQ. Back there I was thinking that he's waiting for someone to push, then he calls and it's a coin flip, so i decided to not give him a chance and simply re-raised. He provoced coin flip on his own and won... WTH?

P.S. In addition to that...
At the final table any place and cash difference between places was giving much more cash than any bounty at the table, except for one bounty - his.
Please understand you will get very little sympathy or understanding from most of the players here or online in general.

Unless they have been in similar situations like you, it just is not fathomable for their comprehension ….. [IMHO]

I on the other hand, I can and do understand your frustration J

There is an old saying that goes like this “ Misery love company “

So if you would like to have some company read one of my posts for a laugh and an “A Ha … moment”

The post is labeled “ Would this be a mathematical Impossibility?

Final note: Just remember this is not real poker in the true sense, [if you can read between the lines you will grasp my meaning], it is the wild-west online copycat of the actual real live game.
So sit back and enjoy the ride and take it as it is and nothing more.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at Jamie gold or moneymaker when they won the wsop ran over everyone a lot of times with weaker hands. People get on heaters it happens.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please understand you will get very little sympathy or understanding from most of the players here or online in general.

Unless they have been in similar situations like you, it just is not fathomable for their comprehension ….. [IMHO]

I on the other hand, I can and do understand your frustration J

There is an old saying that goes like this “ Misery love company “

So if you would like to have some company read one of my posts for a laugh and an “A Ha … moment”

The post is labeled “ Would this be a mathematical Impossibility?

Final note: Just remember this is not real poker in the true sense, [if you can read between the lines you will grasp my meaning], it is the wild-west online copycat of the actual real live game.
So sit back and enjoy the ride and take it as it is and nothing more.

NBB,
Thanks for your opinion, i really feel what you're saying, but i'm not here for crying, or in search for understanding, or for the love of majority of users, or for post making to play the freerolls.
I saw what i saw out there, i lived the moment. Like i said in one of my posts above - If just 2 of the 3 factors happened - i could sleep well after that tourney. But since then i simply don't know what to think or what to say, that's why i'm here asking if someone can explain me behavior of that player and behavior of PS staff who sent me that video without the nickname of that Hero.

One of the forum members said in the post you've mentioned - "Nothing is impossible" I'm ok with that when 1out keeps killing me on the river all the time. I don't mind, it can happen ofc. I also play at iPoker and i always fold AA there, cause for some reason they never win. And i do have software - HM2, that told me to quit playing aces, cause it's useless. after 70K hands win\loss ratio is 1\8 on a preflop push. I simply limp and fold. Long run is not helping. It's just a pair designed to trap and boost you out. I've increased my winnings at iPoker with this strategy. I see many times people who say the same at my native language forums about this issue at iPoker, i earn money from players who repush my raises and see them crying after aces got busted. It's really strange that AA loses to A6os, don't you think?
And yes i totally agree that it's very different, i mean real life poker and online. However i'm still curious if there are answers to my questions? Can a professional lottery player win 30-40 times in a row and can a jornalist on a TV show for a 20 minutes keep asking him if the weather is fine and did he feed his dog, without showing the face and telling the name of the lucky Hero until the broadcast is over? Does it make sense? Does it make sense that PS sents me a video without his nickname while they included all of the nicknames in previous vids and included all of the nicknames in this one, except for the Hero?

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Finaltable1

Unfortunately your question will never be correctly answered, solely due to the fact that the only ones who can actually answer your question with actually facts is the poker site.

Now whether it is PS or any other online poker site, if for some reason there was something going on behind the scenes, you will never be told, for obvious reasons.

Life is way too short, let it go !

One last note: If for some reason, this situation is just too difficult for you to deal with, than you REALLY need to give up online poker and stick with the much more secure Live poker tournaments in actual casinos [IMHO]

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Finaltable1

Unfortunately your question will never be correctly answered, solely due to the fact that the only ones who can actually answer your question with actually facts is the poker site.

Now whether it is PS or any other online poker site, if for some reason there was something going on behind the scenes, you will never be told, for obvious reasons.

Life is way too short, let it go !

One last note: If for some reason, this situation is just too difficult for you to deal with, than you REALLY need to give up online poker and stick with the much more secure Live poker tournaments in actual casinos [IMHO]

I was trying to, trust me... This tourney was few weeks ago, and since then i won and lost many times, i keep growing my bankroll, but i can't stop thinking about it. I would forget about it easily - well some guy was lucky - it's ok. But WHY PS SENDS ME SUCH VIDEO?????? All of the nicknames been included in previous vids, all of the nicknames been included in this one too, except for the HERO. I can't believe in such coinsedences, ok if 2 factors, but not all 3 all together. Trash hands of newcomer constantly win flips, Huge total bounty(14K grtd = 7K for bounties, 900 earned plus he kept his own bounty which i believe was 450, right? plus another 900 for the 1st place. Well it's all ok, but video nickname error or fail? how to explain that? Let's say 1(one) is everything is usual... what happened there i see like If 1+1 = 2, i'm ok with that, 1+17+2=20, it's also ok, but there it was 92.75 + 27.173473 + 17.32473 = 1???? It means that i can simply forget about it and take it as OK, it was coincedence?
Why not take it as some staff member or some hacker was behind that Hero? Perhaps they don't want to show the nickname because it was fraud inside their system(staff member) or outside their system(hacker)?
How can i complain after all? I've invested 4.4 won 500... Should say Thank You Rocket Stars! But 2 weeks and couple of thousands of hands passed since then and i'm here at cardschat forum trying to find answer...

You know i have a very good memory and attention, i'm also good at math. I create cnc machines in real life, do CAD and CAM, i know several RL andseveral programming languages, studying all my life and paying attention to small things cause they always matter. All i actually want is objective, not subjective opinion about what happened. Is that a glitch in my head or actually someone out there made a mistake and i've noticed it? Idk if it was a mistake of PS staff, of some hacker, or just luck, but there is no nickname in the video, and that's a quite surprising fact, no?

Last edited:
P

prc108

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you cant figure out what's going on you will. I play online freerolls but not $$ anymore. I played 6 months at ACR and saw that happen so much I could only come to one conclusion. Lose enough and so will you. A bad beat is a bad beat but I took more bad beats in 6 months at ACR than I did in 20 years previous. It's ridiculous and should be stopped. But the only way it will is if people stop depositing. Sad!

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Something strange for me in the software of pokerstars is the fact that when you are superior to your opponent in chips and go all in preflop even with lower hands or trashy hands you end up winning many times. It is a very personal opinion that I have regarding the software and I have always criticized it. Of course it does not always happen but look when you see all in preflop to see who and with which hands wins, I find it curious. Good luck at the tables !!! and avoid all in preflop if you're not the leader of that table lol.

drbottlecap10

drbottlecap10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally don't know, but I can't play on PS. But I just wanted to say that winning moments video is super cool lol

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing both at PS and online since 2005 and trust me!
I have seen many strange things both at PS and at other poker sites that from a purely astounding point of view would amaze most individuals.
But having lived and seen probably much more than yourself, I no longer let things like this bother me.

I have my strong opinions of what likely could be possible reasons for these situations, But being a realist without any physical concrete proof, I make my decisions whether to continue playing at certain sites or barring myself from ever playing there again.

Actually there are a number of online poker sites that I refuse to ever play on again.
I just wipe their existence from my world and play at what I perceive to be, more trustworthy sites.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
wish i could even play on pokestars maybe it was just dumb luck and that happens with online poker

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually there are a number of online poker sites that I refuse to ever play on again.
I just wipe their existence from my world and play at what I perceive to be, more trustworthy sites.
I feel you. I've got free 50 for passing the school and quiz at pokerstrategy in past and used these money at partypoker, cashed out my first 800 after first month of playing cash at micro limits and you know what happened? I've uninstalled PartyPoker and deposited 50 to pacific(888). Good old pacific with old design, nice avatars and no late registration. My favorite tourney there was $22 1K grtd and 2K + 5K at the evening. My first 2K bluff in cash game was there, i was LOL screaming like a kid " FFFFOLD U FFF... FFFFOLD!" LOL Neighobours heard that and come to my flat to see whats going on. It lasted couple of years, I had a nice vacation after winning 8K in 1 month there. Then one day they changed everything, ugly avatars, ugly table design, ugly late registration... Went back to Party - they re-designed everything too. Titan Poker was a solution. I played a lot of cash back there and i didn't like the big poker sites like FT and PS, cause it's harder there to spot and get info on all of the regs. Simply too many reg players at big rooms, plus smaller rooms usually have a nice traffic of players coming from casino and that's where the money are coming from. After a survey i realised that playing cash without a team is not profitable. Sometimes you see a player from austria and another one from germany, and you think that they're just some usual regs, while actually they share cards over skype or other software... The same thing often happens with English, French, Russian, Portuguese and Spanish speaking players. You see that one to the left is from portugal, another to the right is from Brasil, you think that they're against each other, until you get your aces and both start to 3bet your 3bets until all 3 go allin, and you see that they both played trash hands, what they actually wanted to do - is to make you fold and lose preflop or reduce your chances after the flop and split money... I've experienced that couple of times and decided to play cash only at real casino.

But tourneys... How can i quit playing PS if i earn money there? How can i leave these Brasilian guys who raise preflop with A6os and think that it's normal? If i'll leave - someone else will take care of them. My post here and my point is not about PS in general, in general it's all fine. However i'm shocked about that situation which lasted for 3+ hours and about that Hero player and why his nickname wasn't ncluded in the vid... Comparing PS and ebay... i can not judge ebay if some seller will send me a brick instead of the iphone that i've ordered. The seller is responsible for his tricks, ebay and the buyer protection will cover. However RockersScars has no such options simillar to buyer protection on ebay, and there is no guarantee that some inner our outer conartist is sitting next to you at the table. That's why I've started this thread, maybe i'll get answers or suggestions.