Why does this happen ?

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing freerolls, I watch players going all in and everyone folding or only 1 caller. However, almost every time I shove in my chips, the next player shoves over the top, and about 3 others call/shove all in.

This has now happened tonight in 4 different games. And as usual the winner is the table leader usually with the raggiest ace and 2

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If already two players went all in then any other player who would like to go all in will decrease chances to win. That's why nobody wants to risk I think

I agree that in the most cases the winner is the guy with the most chips but not always of course. The more chips you have the more luck you get :)

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
When playing freerolls, I watch players going all in and everyone folding or only 1 caller. However, almost every time I shove in my chips, the next player shoves over the top, and about 3 others call/shove all in.

This has now happened tonight in 4 different games. And as usual the winner is the table leader usually with the raggiest ace and 2

Why are you shoving your chips??

The only time you should be shoving all in is when you are short stacked.

I am assuming you are talking about early on in a tournament when you see all the fun players shoving in with any 2. What did you shove all in with, I personally wouldn't be the shover but sometimes will call with a pocker pair if I see the shover shoving with a wide range.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why are you shoving your chips??

The only time you should be shoving all in is when you are short stacked.

I am assuming you are talking about early on in a tournament when you see all the fun players shoving in with any 2. What did you shove all in with, I personally wouldn't be the shover but sometimes will call with a pocker pair if I see the shover shoving with a wide range.

ok so we're on a table where every hand has had a shove. most players have similar stacks. most hands are folded to the shove. no point in limping or raising because one player will shove. I am sat with KK. I'm expecting to shove and the table fold as all previous hands. Instead I get 5 players in with me. Ace and 2 is the winning hand, going to the table leader who has been lucking out. So why do I get 5 callers when previous hands have had one at most? And not one tournament. 4 so far have followed the same pattern.

I get it's a freeroll and all that, but I don't see this number of callers when other players go in.

I'm done with tournaments tonight.

T

tutanota

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
a lot of gamblers like to play poker

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This happens because you play poker. If you do not like it, you can find another hobby, such as chess.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That is the problem with free rolls. Many dont pay much and some players will go with the go big or go home theory. Don't fall into that trap. One problem when you shove in early position is one 1 player calls you start to get many many more. It does ruin the game.

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok so we're on a table where every hand has had a shove. most players have similar stacks. most hands are folded to the shove. no point in limping or raising because one player will shove. I am sat with KK. I'm expecting to shove and the table fold as all previous hands. Instead I get 5 players in with me. Ace and 2 is the winning hand, going to the table leader who has been lucking out. So why do I get 5 callers when previous hands have had one at most? And not one tournament. 4 so far have followed the same pattern.

I get it's a freeroll and all that, but I don't see this number of callers when other players go in.

that's just the way it goes sometimes. it seems the world is against you. give it time, things always turn for the better

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Complaining about getting called by multiple opponents tells me nothing about why this is happening....

Possibly you are too short when you shove.

Maybe you are shoving too wide quite often.

Maybe players think you are on tilt.

If you are perceived as very tight and nitty - people may be calling you a little wider just because they feel like their cards are live.

It's a free game - some people simply don't fold anything when the pot starts to get bigger.

Lots of different things can come into play here...but complaining about getting called multi way when we are all in really tells us nothing about the situation other than you are pretty frustrated playing freerolls.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I agree with not worth limping, but raising I don't agree with that!

I would be raising and fist pumping when the vill shoves, especially if he's shoving a tonne of hands. Yes we will get beat a few times, but playing correct poker is what this game is all about.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls are freerolls, don't look for the logic in this type of poker. Lots of people just push any 2 cards, any stack and any position...

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I happens because you are probably pushing a marginal hand. I'm not pushing mine unless playing with a strong hand or the nuts.